accused of cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accused of cheating

Well i've been accused of cheating on my ms. splosion man score of 21.3 billion. I am Daspence SNG on xbox360... this accusation comes from a "friend" who is ranked in the top ten on multiple tables. I didn't think it would affect me too much, I mean... lots of "randoms" don't know how table scoring works and are bound to make wild accusastions (re: recent patch of blue dig by a newbie), but this one comes from a high ranking member of the community. I'm pretty shocked to hear about this, ( heard second hand) especially because I have discussed my method of scoring IN DEPTH via xbox live voice coms with him multiple times. He says "the only way for me to redeem myself is to post a 5bil+ score on the weekly leaderboards". lol.
    So I'm really not sure what that's going to prove. My first score was 8 billion putting me in first place for a short while, and I then had a very long "endurance" game that raised the score to 21.3. My strategy is EXTREMELY detailed, it's posted in Cloda's high scoring thread!

I don't feel like I need to play another game to "prove" myself. I have three other top 5 scores, which should speak to the level of dedication i've put into this game. But as a result of this rumor mongering, a few of my friends now doubt my score, as a result of talking to this high scoring "friend" of mine, who apparently takes bested scores personally. I have always been of the opinion that the game is competitive, and no-one "owns" a score on a table, if I have the skills to beat you at it, I am going to do so, and I would hope you would be happy for me.

I'm going to use a substantial amount of free hours to put up another top 5 score sometime in the next couple weeks... Hopefully in the future, people will realize that just because they don't understand how a score is possible, it doesn't mean that it's impossible. Baseless accusations made on a hunch or because i've bested their score at a table are deliberate, villainous acts, meant to damage ones reputation with absolutely zero evidence. The sting is greater when it comes from someone who understands ( and knows i understand) the ins and outs of pinball, and its nuances.

Guess we're not really friends after all?

-Daspence

High ranking member? Like on the forums? or just the game?

To be honest, i wouldn't let it get to you, and having him say post a 5 bil score on the weekly leaderboards to prove yourself is downright dumb.

Ms. Splosion man is a high scoring table.

The proof is in the high scores. I have yet to see a Zen Studios Rep say something about loopholes. (with the exceptions of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Fantastic Four)

Comment

What a nice little powder keg waiting to 'SPLODE...

Best to avoid the drama and focus on improving your game while helping others. It should have been obvious to anyone paying attention that your score is legitimate. Well done.

Try to ignore what other people think of you. Unfortunately an entire generation has been raised to believe they are all special people who can do anything (too many of them are spoiled brats with pseudOCD who get pissy over irrelevant checklists). When they notice an accomplishment beyond their skill ceiling, their natural reaction is suspicion. It doesn't help any that modern games have been dumbed down to a point where inbred monkeys could complete them.

People take video games way too seriously. Have fun. Help anyone willing to listen. Keep posting awesome scores.
      They took our pinball machines!
      Let's revolt, who's with me?
      Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Originally posted by wednesday View Post
        Guess we're not really friends after all?
        Yup. You should see some of the accusations on Facebook.

Stab that "Remove from Friends List" button. Life's too short for f-wits.

I mean, there are genuine cheats out there, like certain South Africans (C---a) and Aussies (O-V-----r) but some of them are nice people. Hyuck.

Comment

Things that make you go ummmmmmm.........

Comment

Envy is surely a bad thing... Well, i'd be annoyed if i were you, but what happened means just one thing: you did a great job with the table. The reaction is predictable (even though you'd expect something different from a person who understands how pinball scoring works...).My advice? Don't remove that "friend" from your list, let him see your score EVERY time he looks at his friends' leaderboard and feel bad...
            "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

Originally posted by wednesday View Post
              So I'm really not sure what that's going to prove. My first score was 8 billion putting me in first place for a short while, and I then had a very long "endurance" game that raised the score to 21.3. My strategy is EXTREMELY detailed, it's posted in Cloda's high scoring thread!

I have always been of the opinion that the game is competitive, and no-one "owns" a score on a table, if I have the skills to beat you at it, I am going to do so, and I would hope you would be happy for me.
              I have been involved first hand with Daspence's progress on Ms. Splosion Man and more recently Captain America. During his high scoring game on Ms. Splosion Man he pm'd me because he was very excited about how well his game was going. The following day he explained his strategy to me which I have recently posted on the Ms. Splosion Man thread. It is a very straight forward strategy based around minimising your risk and focussing on Cannon random Award where you're EOB bonus is repeatedly paid out in the middle of the game... this is no different than just focussing on Airstrike Multi-ball, Romulus Multi-ball, Captain America's jackpot EOB bonus, building clone chaos multi-ball jackpots, maximising your villain scores etc.... anybody can do it and the more time you put in to it, the higher your scores will be. I personally choose to mostly avoid spamming anything on any table if I have a choice (Captain America was a foray on to the Dark Side for me ) and on many of the tables I have decent scores but will never be able to get the top scores because I just don't have the kind of patience, persistence and especially will required to even try and go for it. Daspence has proven that he has these abilities and given time he will for sure move up the leaderboards...

Sometimes some of the scores get proportionally out of balance... especially if people are inspired by a tournament , but in essence an on-line leader-board has one purpose only and that is to show you where you measure up with the rest of the players (duh ). Zen has confirmed more than enough times that they are confident that the scores posted are legit (Excalibur still confuses me though... people must have used aliases ). With time constraints not being a factor many of the tables can be played for hours on end and the high scores for the skilled top players on most tables are a reflection of the amount of time put in. But, on most tables there will be a true champion that has just synced so well with the table and had this one game in a million where he/she just post a humongous score that will forever discourage other players to even attempt it... that is why I am happy if I am top 20 on any of the tables... that is more than good enough for me and satisfies my high scoring needs. I am hopeful that Zen's new time/ball constraint tournament structure and hopefully a new superscore type leader board will put some meaning and challenge back into the tournaments/leader-boards.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              I mean, there are genuine cheats out there, like certain South Africans (C---a) and Aussies (O-V-----r) but some of them are nice people. Hyuck.
              I work very hard at it... being nice that is
              Last edited by Cloda; 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM. Reason: small edits
              XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Yup. You should see some of the accusations on Facebook.

Stab that "Remove from Friends List" button. Life's too short for f-wits.

Cloda? For real?
                http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post

Originally Posted by Womble: "I mean, there are genuine cheats out there, like certain South Africans (C---a) and Aussies (O-V-----r) but some of them are nice people. Hyuck".

I work very hard at it... being nice that is
                  Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                  Cloda? For real?
                  And that is how rumours start Thanks Womble
                  XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                    Cloda? For real?
                    Hell yes. Pretty much everyone on my Friends list with higher scores than me is a dirty, filthy cheat. Cloda's one of the worst. Real hax0r. Be careful of adding him to your Friends list.

This has been a public service announcement.

Comment

Hell yes. Pretty much everyone on my Friends list with higher scores than me is a dirty, filthy cheat. Cloda's one of the worst. Real hax0r. Be careful of adding him to your Friends list.

This has been a public service announcement.
                      Now i understand a lot of things...

"The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

Sucks a so-called friend would throw accusations out at you like that. I had that happen to me a few times in the early days of FX2. I just saw it as a good opportunity to trim the friend list down a bit and replace people like that with helpful, encouraging people like we have in the forum community here.

Comment

I don't think to gain over 21 bil on Ms. Splo. is so spectacular to say, you can only reach such a score by cheating. My problem is, I haven't got the time to play a table 20 hours without a break. And if you stop the game and load it on the next day, you need 1-2 balls to get in again. I think, when you have enough time you can reach a high score on every table.

Comment

This is why I love this forum. Great members, no flaming (or at least it is kept to a minimum) and a lot of encouraging members.

Have a great day,
                            Dave

Comment

Working...
                            X