Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpshooter Achievement Broken?

Okay the Sorcerors Lair: Sharpshooter achievement is labelled

"Take down the spiders in 20 seconds in the cellar on Sorcerer's Lair (single player only)."

thing is it 'popped' for me when I was nowhere near the cellar. In fact, I'm so rubbish at the moment I hadn't hit a single spider.

I had an 8x multiplier on the table, and lost the ball. the ball bonuses x8 gave me approx. 14 mil bonuses for the ball, taking my score over 50 mil for the table and the achievement popped.

I don't like getting achievements illigetimately and judgeing by True Achievements, I'm the first person to gain it on that site. I've just no idea how it happened.

Any Ideas anyone?

Originally posted by Nod Nolan View Post
    Okay the Sorcerors Lair: Sharpshooter achievement is labelled

"Take down the spiders in 20 seconds in the cellar on Sorcerer's Lair (single player only)."

thing is it 'popped' for me when I was nowhere near the cellar. In fact, I'm so rubbish at the moment I hadn't hit a single spider.

I had an 8x multiplier on the table, and lost the ball. the ball bonuses x8 gave me approx. 14 mil bonuses for the ball, taking my score over 50 mil for the table and the achievement popped.

I don't like getting achievements illigetimately and judgeing by True Achievements, I'm the first person to gain it on that site. I've just no idea how it happened.

Any Ideas anyone?
    It's broken... I posted a similar experience earlier today... agree that it is no fun getting it like that.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Either it's broken, or it has an alternate condition like a lot of the earlier FX2 achievements like beat a certain number of friends scores, and the alternate condition isn't listed in the description. That's all I can think of.

Comment

I got it within seconds of entering the spider level - maybe its glitched.

I dont remember doing anything spectacular or hitting many shots.

Comment

I should probably mention the rumble on the controller got stuck. thinking about it, it may have got stuck /unstuck on consecutive visits to the cellar.

Comment

It was working as expected, I even had to try a couple of times until I finally cleared the spiders in time. Must be a situational bug.

Comment

I hit the spiders in the allotted time (pretty sure), but mine didn't pop up until I lost the ball. Seemed weird, but I'll take it.

Comment

I also got this one before I even went to the cellar for the first time, I had no idea how I got it either!

Comment

Don't know if the mode is broken or not, but this cracks me up:

"Eww, I hate spiders".

"Don't worry, they're just spiders".

Comment

pretty sure u have to clear the mode then "cash in" that particular Obsidian Stone by clearing Wizard Mode. the achievement pops up after the Wiz Mode score pops up(i JUST did it so im 99.9% sure)... ok i just read how some got it after losing a ball so i guess there's that way then also? that does suck. i did get mine the way i described though, that i know 4 sure.
                    Last edited by Anodyne; 10-13-2011, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Mmm...i got it WHILE i was doing the wizard mode...
                      "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

I got it after picking up a second Obsidian Stone from Whisper. Where are those stones coming from anyway? Are they what ghosts have when they need to go toilet?

Anyway, yeah, I got it by a glitch. I played the mode earlier that game and got all but one spider too.

Comment

Wow. The Sharpshooter Achievement glitch just glitched out my third and final achievement.

After i completed Midnight Madness, i got Sharpshooter, then it showed the third achievement medallion icon, but no achievement.

So i redid the whole table, beat Midnight madness, no achievement indicator, no achievement. WTF.

On the menu it shows i got the first two, but not the third one. Thanks Sharpshooter.

EDIT: Tried a second time, beat MM, got it.
                          Last edited by The Albin0 Rhin0; 10-13-2011, 06:17 AM.

Comment

I vote that Zen scrap this achievement completely and replace it with getting all 13 obsidian stones (as described by blue) before starting Midnight Madness. It would definitely be a worthy achievement.
                            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

^^^agreed. u should have to have all Obsidian Stones in order to get 30 pt achievement. or at least all the Cellar Mission Stones...

Comment

Working...
                              X