MAJOR Game Crashing Bug - Paranormal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAJOR Game Crashing Bug - Paranormal

Okay. This is really starting to get on my freaking nerves. Second day in a row this happened when I was approaching a billion points. You hit the ball on the tip of the upper flipper, it almost goes into the cube, but it comes back to the left of the table, and gets trapped in the cage/tunnel thing. The game freezes and won't give you another ball. Even with a proper tilt it won't reset. Please fix this mind numbingly annoying bug Zen. I buy all of your tables and always will. Hopefully a bug like this won't happen again. Talk about infuriating.
    Also, both of these times it was right after i was in 4th Dimension Multi-ball.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 11-02-2011, 09:05 AM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Try giving it a good bump to the right. That works for me every time my ball gets stuck there.

Comment

Thanks. I did try nudging it in every direction.

Comment

Eek.

Does the game actually freeze (i.e. crash, with all animations stopped)?

Comment

This happened to me tonight. Total freeze. The game looks fine but it won't even let me tilt no matter how many times I shake it. also, leaving it still doesn't make the ball reappear at the launch.
          Very disappointing but I can forgive it since I've never had it happen on any other table before.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            Eek.

Does the game actually freeze (i.e. crash, with all animations stopped)?
            Yep. You can't do anything, just completely frozen. You can tilt all you want, but it doesn't reset it.

Comment

Just had over 200 billion ******* points and it did it again. Jesus Christ can you please fix this ASAP???
              NEVER experienced anything like this with FarSight's tables.
              Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 11-02-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                Just had over 200 billion ******* points and it did it again.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                  Just had over 200 billion ******* points and it did it again.
                  Really? 200 billion points?!
                  PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Comment

LOL, I meant 2 billion. Sorry, it was late and I was pretty angry. Plus the same bug happened to me two or three times in a row. I definitely learned my lesson and won't be taking that shot any more.

Comment

As always, we hate it when tables ship with bugs. We're going to be patching a bunch of the tables with an update. We know how crappy it is to have bugs...

Comment

Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
                        As always, we hate it when tables ship with bugs. We're going to be patching a bunch of the tables with an update. We know how crappy it is to have bugs...
                        Thats good news. Any idea of a general timeframe when this update will happen?? Within a month or two? Within 6 months? It would also be great to see a list of the bugs scheduled to be fixed.
                        And I'm assuming this update will include both PS3 and Xbox platforms when released?

Comment

Thanks a lot cracker. And yeah SwitchBlade, good question, hopefully the PS3 tables will actually be playable soon.

Comment

Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
                            Thanks for the assurance... I am just perplexed that Paranormal shipped with exactly the same bugs as it had on Zen pinball a year ago according to some of the Zen pinball players. How come it wasn't fixed in the interim? I would also love to know when the bug fixes are going to happen... you keep on churning out new tables, but in the meanwhile the broken tables are adding up and you keep on saying that a patch is coming... it has been months since Fantastic 4 has been released and that is one of the most excellent tables, but completely broken

I fully understand the explanation that it is more cost effective to fix a whole bunch of tables at once, rather than one at a time... but as has been asked before; why can't you just properly beta test the tables prior to release? I always pick up the bugs within the first couple of plays; Paranormal's was on my third game, Fantastic 4 was also on my first couple of games... how come this doesn't get picked up as they are such obvious bugs that will immediately be picked up by a proper Quality Assurance team doing their job? Zuprichy played a 20 hour game on Paranormal and in the end it was completely compromised by yet another senseless bug... I really hope you didn't do your product damage now by releasing such a broken table for free as your introduction to many new players to fx 2

Please Zen, bring out the bug patch rather sooner than later and for sanity sake please run a proper and complete quality assurance programme before you release the Epic Quest and Marvel V&V pack... I don't want to add yet another table to the list of broken tables.
                            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Could some one please explain the F4 bug/s to me? I thought it was funny that I've only done decent like twice on the table. BTW, F4 is probably the best looking FX2 table. SO easy on the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X