Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table or personal music...Which you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table or personal music...Which you prefer?

I was curious... I like most of the tables' music ( i'm in love with Mars...) but it happens often to me to put my own music, usually something "calm" like The postal service or Mandalay ( don't know if anyone knows them...). I know some of us prefer to play with no music at all ( Cloda, if i recall correctly, for example) but playing with only voices and sound effects sounds "poor" to me.So...

What do you guys do?
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Table. Can'ts stand playing own musics...

But that gave me the idea that why aren't there real pinball style themes? I mean tables are often quiet but then something happens and a tune plays. Or just hearing some other blings and jingles you hear in arcades would be nice audio for Zen table.

Comment

Originally posted by pinballer View Post
      Table. Can'ts stand playing own musics...

But that gave me the idea that why aren't there real pinball style themes? I mean tables are often quiet but then something happens and a tune plays. Or just hearing some other blings and jingles you hear in arcades would be nice audio for Zen table.
      As Zuprichy rightly observed, no music for me because it is distracting; if not initially then after a while and the worst feeling for me is when I start to feel annoyed while playing for no reason what so ever and then eventually it dawns on me that the music is being infused into my being by being repeated yet again.... very Zen, but not what I want from my pinballing sessions.

Anyway, I have certain pinballing rights in my house that I can't afford to renegotiate as I am not willing to make an adjustments from my side , so... to maintain the status quo I have to avoid any points of contention including not having repetitive music (it counts for all games though, not just pinball) and having the sound softer in general than I would have if I was on my own. Being married is great

More seriously though... the music doesn't add to my immersion into a pinball table and my whole focus is to have as few distractions as possible while I play (no DMD if possible, no pop-ups, no music etc.) because as you know, just a single laps in concentration can instantly kibosh a game that you have played hours on... so, the music is not worth the chance distraction, even if it might just be slight, for me.

What I though wouldn't mind is what pinballer suggested... sounds and tunes that help you to stay immersed in the game... Zen will hopefully consider this seriously as it has been the one constant request since the beginning of FX 2. It is definitely the repetitiveness, without a break ever, of the music that is the deal breaker for me.
      Last edited by Cloda; 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM.
      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
        ... More seriously though... the music doesn't add to my immersion into a pinball table and my whole focus is to have as few distractions as possible while I play (no DMD if possible, no pop-ups, no music etc.) because as you know, just a single laps in concentration can instantly kibosh a game that you have played hours on... so, the music is not worth the chance distraction, even if it might just be slight, for me.

What I though wouldn't mind is what pinballer suggested... sounds and tunes that help you to stay immersed in the game... Zen will hopefully consider this seriously as it has been the one constant request since the beginning of FX 2. It is definitely the repetitiveness, without a break ever, of the music that is the deal breaker for me.
        I like the music and sounds on all tables except Rocky and Bullwinkle and Street Fighter. Personally, letting the music fade into the background helps muffle other little white noise distractions in the house. Also, pinball for me is a "fade out" kind of game, where I let my fingers do the work with little (the less the better) input from mine mind. Different houses, different distractions...

... on your guys second point, sorry guys, while I like old school tables for precisely the type of sounds you're refering to, I much prefer the balance of music and sounds currently in place. A few things (like Pasha magnet mini-game) playing by ear is useful.

Zups question though.... I don't think I'd want my own tunes playing in the background... don't want to suddenly get the urge to jam out mid multi-ball. I like the repetitiveness of the current tunes because they are easy to tune out, without sudden changes...

(I get Extremes stupid little half-rap stuck in my head at work for some reason)

Comment

90% of the time I turn the music all the way down. I like to hear the sound effects,especially the ball rolling. I love that sound I swear it calms me, and helps my timing with shots, but then again im probaly a little nutty.
          Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

I play my own music most of the time, if I'm not talking on voice chat.

Comment

I turn the volume down when the Mrs is in the room but other wise i like to hear the tables music and sound fx, the speech samples can be very repetitive on some tables..Earth Defense woman "their taking me away" is sooo anoying... for **** sake just take her away

Comment

I usually listen to the table music and crank up my home theater system. I love the bass on Captain America's bumpers and the other gun and explosion sound effects.

I have found that some old school Metallica goes well with the Wolverine table and I try to find music that goes well with the theme of the other tables when I do listen to my own stuff.
                PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

Working...
                X