X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback requested from Zen Studios

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
    No Epic Quest this year.

Publishing hiccups caused by excessive amounts of DLC on PFX2 have pushed back our release schedule a bit.
    Thank you for letting us know and for the reason provided (so that we can be disappointed with and be mad at somebody else )

At the moment there is a lot of uncertainty and frustration on the forums. Up until now I have really enjoyed these forums as it is in general very positive and open to decent discussions and debating on topics aired but for now the underlying tone (including mine I must say) is one of frustration with Zen studios. I for one don't mind if you are working on building hype for the release of Marvel V&V so I don't have a problem with how you are doing it and it has opened up some very nice and healthy speculation and discussion on the forum, facebook and twitter. What though is frustrating me is the lack of proper feedback on important points rather than just the occasional one liners. The forum community is arguably your most mature, knowledgeable and "biggest" fans so I would request that you please respect and acknowledge that by providing us with decent feedback.

I would be grateful if you can please be frank with your answers on the following matters:

- Is this a once of problem (Epic Quest delay due to Microsoft) or is it going to influence your future release schedule that was originally indicated of around 1 table a month.
    - When can we expect the bug fix patch. As been pointed to many times before... if the bug fix patch is released many of the tables (most noticeable Fantastic 4 and Paranormal) will be available to play again and it will almost be like a new table being released. To avoid any uncertainty as to what I am hoping for, for Fantastic 4 I would like to state clearly that the leaderboard should be reset as the leaderboard is dominated by scores posted using the 40x glitch - I hope the community feels the same.
    - Will you be releasing a patch fix list when the patch is implemented. As far as I can remember, with the previous patch to fix Rocky and Bullwinkle's scoring, a list was not provided to indicate what else was fixed e.g. Wolverine Ball Save.

I know that you are busy guys but although this forum community is already very nice to be part of it has the potential to be really vibrant and able to contribute constructively to the future development of Pinball FX 2. So I would further like to request that Zen representatives become more directly involved with the discussions on the forums so that they can be more meaningful and come to conclusions. If you (Crackervizzo and Solitude) don't have the time to do it, I would seriously like to suggest that you appoint somebody else to officially interact with the community (and revamp the layout of the forum to something more user friendly while they are at it).

In case you are uncertain about the tone of this post - I am not trying to stir any trouble or cause a fight, I am just trying to convey some honest concerns and frustrations with regards to Zen studios feedback in general and on the forum.
    Last edited by Cloda; 11-19-2011, 06:14 AM. Reason: Spelling and small edits
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

I understand where you are coming from
    First off, let me say that I love this freaking game, and that it offers great gameplay that can not be found anywhere else. It is a truly unique product.
    I dont know the protocol for implementing bug fixes and patches, but this should be looked into by microsoft. It should not be so difficult(or cost prohibitive) to implement them. I dont think this is a just a Zen problem, there is something deeper going on; of course, this is pure speculation on my part.
    I definitely would like to know if marvel VandV will still come out as scheduled.
    And an eta on a patch, and patch notes are always a nice touch, showing you care about your fanbase.
    I think because of the unique nature of the product(pinball), us pinheads have truly embraced this game and even feel invested in it. Most people on this forum do not intend to be negative, they are just passionate for a game they love, and the ability to enjoy the lost art of what it provides.
    I look forward to all the new content slated for pbfx2.
    A little communication goes a long way.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

I have to agree that communication between ZEN and their own forum has been going backwards recently. I can appreciate that you are very busy and cant answer all questions especially when a lot of them have already been talked about in different threads. But at the moment pretty much all the information on the forum is being quoted by forum members second or third hand from replies given on other mediums such as FB/twitter. Please a little more love for your forum

Comment

I agree with Cloda too. We've been asking for an update for so long now. There really are tablebreaking glitches and take all the fun away, at least for me. Or isn't Zen capable of fixing it? Please be honest.

I would also like to see a fix for grinding for high scores. I think it wasn't meant that only a few exploits could give high scores and make the rest of the table obsolete. What's the fun in that??

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
          I know that you are busy guys but although this forum community is already very nice to be part of it has the potential to be really vibrant and able to contribute constructively to the future development of Pinball FX 2.
          Forums aren't as relevant as they once were. Facebook reaches more users.

I suspect less than two percent of their customers know this website exists. Regarding the bug (not glitches) fixes, the average player never experiences most of these. Patch notes would be great, but few developers bother to list them for console updates.

The forum community is arguably your most mature, knowledgeable and "biggest" fans so I would request that you please respect and acknowledge that by providing us with decent feedback.
          So I would further like to request that Zen representatives become more directly involved with the discussions on the forums so that they can be more meaningful and come to conclusions. If you (Crackervizzo and Solitude) don't have the time to do it, I would seriously like to suggest that you appoint somebody else to officially interact with the community (and revamp the layout of the forum to something more user friendly while they are at it).
          I know it isn't intentional, but your post reeks of entitlement. Mel is doing the work of a PR team, and Neil oversees all of Zen's game design. It amazes me either have spare time to post comments and police the forums.

First, they don't owe us anything. Second, I doubt there are any concrete answers regarding time frame. The XBLA cert process sucks, and QA is always backlogged this time of year. Third...

Zen Pinball 3D
          Zen Pinball THD / iOS
          Pinball FX 2.5
          Zen Pinball 2
          Pinball FX for Windows 8
          WiiU crap
          Gaben?

They're just a teensy bit busy.

Zen do right by their customers. They've given us plenty of tables over the past year to help with the uncertainty and frustration.
          They took our pinball machines!
          Let's revolt, who's with me?
          Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

I think Cloda's concerns are legitimate. We are still working on a patch, but because we keep putting out tables, we keep adding to the list of things the patch will fix. I will ask about our progress, but I would not expect anything until a few weeks after V&V's release. I'll try to get the guys to put a fix list together, but with our busy schedule and the language barrier, I can't make any promises.

The issue with publishing DLC hasn't gone away. A workaround is in place, but it could cause problems in the future after Epic Quest.

I have to disagree with blue. Our being busy working on feature updates and pinball for new platforms doesn't mean we shouldn't fix bugs in the stuff we release or be responsive to complaints and questions on the forum. We're working on a solution for the latter!

Comment

The issue with publishing DLC hasn't gone away. A workaround
              is in place, but it could cause problems in the future after Epic Quest.
              please dont mess with it, let it all fall into place. all of it. patches,
              tables and whatever else.

and please keep us updated even if its a long shot. I'm afraid topics like
              this will make y'all stear clear of any announcements. I'd rather an
              announcement fall through than no announcement at all.

Not to mention the holidays are right around the corner. I'd be sincerly upset
              if y'all worked on a pinball game for me during the time y'all should be
              celebrating with your family. I dont have that option so I take joy in
              others enjoying the holidays. Makes me feel good

on a side note, I vote Cloda as the new projects manager. He'd be in there
              cracking the whip and we'd have a new table every week! yippie!!!

Comment

Thank you for the reply Solitude its good to know you do still care about us .It makes sense that that you can only take a stab in the dark when DLC will come until its set in stone. Blue is i believe right that the average player is not even aware of "table breaking glitches" i have only vaguely read about the F4 bug but have not much idea how it happens and i have only encountered the PARANORMAL stuck ball once but it sure does need a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
                  Forums aren't as relevant as they once were. Facebook reaches more users.

I suspect less than two percent of their customers know this website exists. Regarding the bug (not glitches) fixes, the average player never experiences most of these. Patch notes would be great, but few developers bother to list them for console updates.

I know it isn't intentional, but your post reeks of entitlement. Mel is doing the work of a PR team, and Neil oversees all of Zen's game design. It amazes me either have spare time to post comments and police the forums.

First, they don't owe us anything. Second, I doubt there are any concrete answers regarding time frame. The XBLA cert process sucks, and QA is always backlogged this time of year. Third...

They're just a teensy bit busy.

Zen do right by their customers. They've given us plenty of tables over the past year to help with the uncertainty and frustration.
                  Thanks Blue... you notice my use of "request" and "suggest" rather than "demand" . Nobody is perfect and I was just hoping to bring to Zen's attention some of the frustrations (as perceived by me) that are being experienced by the members of the forum... all people that really love Pinball FX 2. Up until now Zen has shown that they really do listen to their community in the way that their products are being updated and improved and it was with that in mind that I wrote the post.

PS: I'm Afrikaans speaking so I don't always use the correct tone when I write or the correct words/terms in context, but hopefully the crux of what I am trying to say comes across.

I think Cloda's concerns are legitimate. We are still working on a patch, but because we keep putting out tables, we keep adding to the list of things the patch will fix. I will ask about our progress, but I would not expect anything until a few weeks after V&V's release. I'll try to get the guys to put a fix list together, but with our busy schedule and the language barrier, I can't make any promises.

The issue with publishing DLC hasn't gone away. A workaround is in place, but it could cause problems in the future after Epic Quest.

I have to disagree with blue. Our being busy working on feature updates and pinball for new platforms doesn't mean we shouldn't fix bugs in the stuff we release or be responsive to complaints and questions on the forum. We're working on a solution for the latter!
                  Thank you for considering the suggestions and for providing feedback.

Hopefully in future, with Zen presumably still aiming for a table release a month, you will be able to come up with a plan where bug fixes are done on say a 4 month schedule (suggestion not a demand ). Hopefully as well for your new releases more attention is given to QA so that the game breaking glitches can be avoided... Paranormal and Fantastic 4 are the worst in my opinion because their game breaking bugs are experienced by everybody and not just the top players... and of course the scoring glitch on F4 is just being exploited by whoever wants to...

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Thanks alot for the reply, hopefully all goes well
                    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

thx Solitude

seems youre the man who keeps the Pinballcroud and Zenpinball together,sure a hard job ,but thx a lot ,i see many times that you answer our questions very fast
                      im wondering witch language barriers your team comes up with, can we help

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for your comments and concerns. I just want to say it is never our intention to ignore you or not provide information in a timely manner. Of course you guys here on the forums are THE MOST IMPORTANT to us - your feedback, support, ideas, etc have really helped us over the years and are one of the main reasons we are able to do what we do. THANK YOU.

As a result, we have become increasingly busy on every front - publishing, developing, managing relationships on what is a growing list of platforms (MSFT, Sony, Nintendo, Apple, Nvidia for Droid, and soon to be others). It's pretty crazy to put it mildly.

On top of that, digital distribution is no walk in the park. Zen has been publishing on digital channels now for over five years and we still run into issues all the time. Delays are never wanted and bugs suck - we know. Believe me when I say we take all the criticism to heart and are always trying to improve.

There is an article that I came across last night that I got a kick out of, thought you might like to read it: http://www.dorkly.com/article/27379/...-game-industry

This is a pretty good description of what it is like to work in the industry, however I am happy to say that life at Zen is a rather different. We do tend to work the long hours and sometimes go crazy, but with respect to our fans and supporters, I feel we are lucky to have such POSITIVE support most of the time .

So, I will try to do better to keep you guys informed. It's a bit of a puzzle, we have a rolling schedule, sometimes I do not know a release date until 2 weeks before we launch, and that's just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

Thanks for listening...

Oh yeah, just realized it's Thanksgiving next week here in the US. I am really looking forward to some Turkey!

Comment

Thanks Crackervizzo for such a reassuring reply

"Everyone hates you when you make video games. Everyone. Do something right, and fans will demand you do it again, right now. Do something wrong, and fans will demand that you change it immediately and then give them something free to make up for all the suffering they went through."

We want our money back for each gamebreakingly bugged table (in other words give me money for releasing Paranormal broken!) and Epic Quest Free and we want it now because of all the suffering you have put us through

LOL - that's all we want and then we will be happy again For a while at least

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Wow...I mean, if things are SO bad, i don't envy you guys at all, and i appreciate my job a lot more...
                            "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

"[J]ob listings for video game companies often ask if applicants are willing to leave America. And stop getting excited, thinking it means you’ll be shooting movies in the luscious hills of New Zealand. It just means you’ll have to do your 18-hour programming day somewhere the one person willing to have sex with you isn’t. Usually Poland."

Lies!!! There's plenty of sex in Poland
                              Trophy Guides

Comment

Working...
                              X