No announcement yet.

Wizard mode fail=reset! Really Zen?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizard mode fail=reset! Really Zen?!!!

So I just got to the wizard mode on Mars, after about a 2 hour game and 20+ tries on the Pyramid mission. For me this is a huge accomplishment even though I know some people can easily do this.....

....anyway after about two shots and 10 seconds the ball drains and I'm back to square one. REALLY ZEN??!!!

This is just brutal. I hear Iron Man does the same thing, one drain and it's over. This really pisses me off.....unless you study how a wizard mode plays out on youtube or something, this is a huge disadvantage.

I call for a patch on tables that reset on one drain - start at the wizard mission instead of making me do all that work over again.

/rant off

I can't say Ive initiated every wizard mode, but I'm pretty sure they are all like that. Unfortunately for you it takes awhile to reach it in Mars. It would be ridiculous if you could fail it and just start right back up. How easy would that be?
    I've been playing a lot of Spiderman and even though the wizard mode is easy to start I still feel like throwing the control when I make an early mistake, thinking about all the points I left on the table makes me almost physically ill. But, that is the game. I made a mistake, and my penalty is just. Nothing to do but pick myself up and try again.
    We just have to get better bro.
    Good luck.
    Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

postman, they can't all be a walk in the park and some of them need to be punishing, Mars wizard mode is very easy though so you were unlucky, Ultimo is not.

Comment

Well done for getting there... I only managed to beat it after my 3d or 4th time that I reached the Wizard mode. Ultimo took me around 20 times Another one that is really tough, even tougher than Mars in my opinion, is Secrets of the Deep. I have only managed to beat the Wizard mode once after many tries because you have the daunting challenge of first beating one of, if not the toughest multiball modes - Probe multiball as one of the missions to complete before you can get to Wizard mode. During Wizard mode you have to first survive the Vortex and then you have to shoot the four shipwreck targets down with the Vortex still going and if you miss and shoot into one of the shipwreck holes it resets the table It is really a pity though that you don't get an achievement for completing the Wizard mode because it would have been one of the toughest to get.

I see beating these three Wizard modes as some of my greatest achievements on Pinball FX 2; Irrespective of what my scores are on the tables.

There are also some Wizard modes I haven't beaten yet such as Street Fighter II (spin on the ball makes it very tough), Earth Defence and Excalibur and that from time to time keeps me going back to the tables. Once you get a certain score on a table for me the amount of effort you need to put in to beat that score becomes too much and then I stop playing the table all together but if there is a real challenge to the table there is something to go back to.

I am still sceptical that I will be able to beat any of those Wizards modes again and that means each time I play those tables it is still a big challenge that I have to overcome. I am also convinced that my many times of playing Pyramid Mission, Probe Multiball and Ultimo have made me a much better multiball player.

So for me, rather than patching the tables to not reset at wizard mode fail I would like a patch that make all the other tables reset at Wizard mode fail . If that is done one of the most toughest tables will definitely be Blade
        Last edited by Cloda; 11-24-2011, 01:28 PM.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Originally posted by Postman View Post
          So I just got to the wizard mode on Mars, after about a 2 hour game and 20+ tries on the Pyramid mission. For me this is a huge accomplishment even though I know some people can easily do this.....

....anyway after about two shots and 10 seconds the ball drains and I'm back to square one. REALLY ZEN??!!!

This is just brutal. I hear Iron Man does the same thing, one drain and it's over. This really pisses me off.....unless you study how a wizard mode plays out on youtube or something, this is a huge disadvantage.

I call for a patch on tables that reset on one drain - start at the wizard mission instead of making me do all that work over again.

/rant off

Just be thankful the pyramid mission doesnt reset when you fail it like the satellite mission does!

Actually the same thing happened to me on Mars and I failed the wizard mode twice, partly because I didnt know what to do and partly because I got nervous.

Like you say, Mars is a pain as you have to do the pyramid mission all over again. Still if you've done it once you can do it again.....good luck!
          Last edited by Alipan; 11-24-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
            I am still sceptical if I will be able to beat any of those Wizards modes again and that means each time I play those tables it is still a big challenge that I have to overcome. I am also convinced that my many times of playing Pyramid Mission, Probe Multiball and Ultimo have made me a much better multiball player.

So for me, rather than patching the tables to not reset at wizard mode I would like a patch that make all the other tables reset at Wizard mode . If that is done one of the most toughest tables will definitely be Blade
            Can't but agree with everything Cloda said. It takes practice Postman. I too have failed both the Mars and Iron Man wizard modes several times before finally beating them. And I too got frustrated as hell with them. But trust me, when you finally do beat them, you'll change your mind about these 'all or nothing' -modes . The sense of accomplishment they give you, is something you can rarely get from games these days.

Good luck!
            Trophy Guides

Comment

I agree with most of what you people have said...And, yes, defeating Ultimo made me feel like a champ! I think that a nice arrangement would be to reset the missions if the wm is easy, otherwise just reset it if you fail...thing that already happens in most of the tables, after all.
              "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

I think Zen has 3 types of wizard modes (off the top of my head)

- Fail wizard mode, all mission progress resets
                Speed Machine
                Mars
                Agents
                Spiderman
                Wolverine
                Rome
                Buccaneer
                Street Fighter II
                Fantastic Four
                Iron Man

- Fail to fully complete wizard mode, continue/restart wizard mode
                Blade
                Captain America
                Biolab
                Rocky & Bullwinkle

- Cannot fail wizard mode (due to ball save being on)
                Sorcerer's Lair
                Ms. Splosion Man?
                Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 11-24-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Yeh it just takes practice, take a break from the Table thats causing you the Pain and come back to it. For me the Pyramid Mission was more of a Wizard Mode then the actual one on the Table lol.

I was lucky enough to complete the Wizard Mode on my first try funny enough, hopefully Luck will be on your side and you will conquer the Table m8.
                  sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                  *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

You guys forgot something.

In a real pinball machine, usually if you fail the wizard mode you have to start all over again. People, this is pinball! Failing is big part of the game!
                    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oskari14 View Post
                      You guys forgot something.

In a real pinball machine, usually if you fail the wizard mode you have to start all over again. People, this is pinball! Failing is big part of the game!
                      Don't forget Nudging the Table so much that it breaks lol.
                      sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Bah, after searching youtube there is no wizard mode video.......anyone who is bored and needs direction on which video guide to tackle next, I'd appreciate a sneak peek at the final Mars mission before taking 2 hours to get there and then failing in 10 seconds again.....

Comment

Bah, after searching youtube there is no wizard mode video.......anyone who is bored and needs direction on which video guide to tackle next, I'd appreciate a sneak peek at the final Mars mission before taking 2 hours to get there and then failing in 10 seconds again.....
                          Here you go m8, Merry Christmas

Mars Final Mission by the great Hypno!

Also Dude Bookmark this thread - http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=3222
                          Contains alot of vids etc for the other tables.
                          Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 11-25-2011, 07:31 PM.
                          sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Bah, after searching youtube there is no wizard mode video.
                            There isn't one for the Pinball FX 2 version, but there are several for the Zen Pinball (PS3) version.
                            Last edited by shogun00; 11-25-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, keep forgetting about the ps3.......

Now I feel much better about that wizard mode....

Comment

Working...
                              X