New Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzV1 View Post
    Obviously Roy can probably answer this question better but over the last few months I have played ALOT of Batman-The Dark Knight. Its the only machine I know of around my area and its in great condition.
    that Batman DK game is a fun and challenging game, which can be played very tactically.. the game is build by stern in 2008,.ive played it a lot in the past.. the last time ive played this game was during the WorldChampion Qualifications @ PAPA Pittsburgh 3 months ago.. that game was an total B*tch, they installed the shorter "lightnin" flippers (those are similar as on a dracula and Popeye "real pin game") which results like an HUGE gap between the flippers, and on top of that they removed BOTH outlane posts.. i did played the game twice.. it was overal seeing an total drain monster, so i didnt focused my attention to it, after playing it twice during qualifications anymore.. but in a normal situation its an cool game to play on yes

A ball on a real machine is I would say 90% of the time, is out of control. Getting the ball to a stop has to be something you work towards.
    thats true if you are not so experienced in *Real*Pinball Play, in my extrordinary case that percentage is not 90% out of control time... its average is more like 90% IN CONTROL time of the ball, i always loved those amazed sights from spectators when they were watching my pinball game even when i was little.. in a worldwide population of billions of people in this world i am definently an anomaly when it comes to Outstanding Pinball Skills. i got more then 20 years of Pinball Experience.. and in and around 15 years tournament pinball experience in and outside of my home country (holland)

whereas in FX 2 tables you can stop the ball easily and nearly always have the ball under control. Honestly on Batman I am lucky tohave a game which lasts more than 10 minutes even though in a 10 minute game I will feel like I have done ok. A 10 minute game on FX 2 is a failed game, no matter what table.
    thats True Playing Fx2 is so much easier, which is a good thing for new people who wants to jump into pinball, i can imagine that it would be very demotivating to keep playing fx2 pinball if it was simply too hard to handle (like for most real pinball machines) on the other hand it is now less challenging to beat the machine.. to make huge scores is like repeating the WizardGame over and over again,. to obtain nice scores.. those wizard modes should be Tougher to get in general!! but maybe thats just me.. not having much trouble with it.

Allthough not everything is easy in Fx2.. some simple ball tricks like Ball passing from the left flipper to the right flipper became very hard to do, which is for me easy to do on a real pinball machine.. but other tricks like bounce passes are good to do, in real and for fx2

Man nothing beats a physical machine. Just commanding this huge, lit up beast and nothing beats the feeling of being on a good ball. The loud announcements of "Jackpot" and "Super Jackpot" make people look over in my direction. Another thing would be is that with FX 2 your practice is basically unlimited to how much you want to play. At $2 a play on my local machine its easy to throw away 20 bucks quickly.
    well i DO beat a physical machine, actually every title of pinball game you know of. (with the exception of the Simpsons Pinball Party Stern Game which has an SuperDuper Hard to Get Wizard Mode) but an other hard to get wizardmode exists in the Lord of The Rings Pinball Game by the Same Manufacturer that wizard mode is named Valinor. i have made it that far like half a dozen of times yet. but i dont own that game i sometimes play it on Pinball Events.

Anyway my suggestion for everyone which likes to be better in pinball (fx of real doesnt matter).. dont think for yourself that you are unable to conquer any particular game, in my opinion its just an bar you got to reach,. which you cant reach right at the beginning, you got to work on it to reach it,.. but you will reach it eventually when you practice it hard enough over and over again. start to believe in that.

The other biggest thing is the nudging. Even if I could nudge this machine it wouldn't be enough to pass a stop ball from flipper to flipper. Nudging is more for outlane saves and combined with emergency slap saves for SDTM. This thing alone make FX 2 very different to real machines. The control is just alot easier. Also the middle gap is larger on a real machine and not all machines have kickbacks so outlanes are always exposed.
    the middle gap is surprisingly narrow compared to RealPinball Games, i sometimes lose the ball between the flippers.. but its like 20% of all ball drains.. most drains i get are because of the outlanes.. which is unusual offcourse in The Real Pinball World. nudging is important when it comes to real pinball.. you do it to prevent drainage of a ball going Straight through the middle or to prevent an ball which tends to go tru the outlane. sometimes i use it to give the flippers a little more oumpfff (strength) of the flippers to get the ball on the ramp or somewhere else.. or any other reason.. it depends which pinballmachine i play.. every machine has their own tilt sensitivity, which you got to work it.. within Pinball Fx2 it seems that sensitivity is always the same, nudge the game three times results in tilt..

anyway to be short i love to play pinball,. the good thing for me about the fx pinball game is that i am having a headstart because of my pinball experience in the field. i am getting good scores allready,. which is nice

a bit offtopic.. but i wanna tell you guys,. that i recently did an review for an scientific/fun cool to read magazine company called Quest about an Xbox360 PinballGame,. i as an expert of pinball did my experience of another pinballgame called PinballClassics "TheWilliamsEdition" for the interested people they can look that up down here.

http://www.fixxbox.nl/index.php?opti...d=50&Itemid=60

if there are people who likes to play with me,. add me with the nick beneath

TommyCyBeRRoy
    Last edited by DutchTommy; 12-13-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah I would think that having a lot of real world pinball experience will make your transition very easy into Pinball FX2. Just having a knowledge of what you are supposed to be doing is a huge leg up.

I think most here are the other way around, rarely played real machines and only really got into pinball at all through this game. Thanks to this game I am now saving for a real machine (I am looking at T2 machine). After finding a real machine I would say playing this game helped me play it better but like I said above a real machine is whole different beast.

As far as Batman DK goes, I haven't really even attempted to go for wizard mode. I know one of the missions requires you hit that middle ramp, I think its the Batmobile ramp, 10 times in a row in a combo. This ramp is hard to hit at the best of times, let alone 10 times in a row. Without that mission I may have a chance because the rest are all pretty much the same. I tend to just stick to the Crane and Joker multiballs. Normally get the Crane going then use the extra balls on the tables to take the risky shot at the Joker's ball lock. This table really comes alive when both multiballs are in play at the same time. You also mention outlane posts, I know the machine I play on has no kickbacks at all and the outlane drains are pretty brutal. The inlane just have lights for the random reward.

Comment

Welcome Roy, of course with real World experience in Pinball you should be able to jump onto Zens sim in no time... Like riding a Bike, once you start it just flows back into your Mind.

Those scores defo show alot of potential, keep at it and you will no doubt be a reg' up there at the top of the Leaderboards m8.
        Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-13-2011, 02:25 PM.
        sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
        *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by DutchTommy View Post
          a bit offtopic.. but i wanna tell you guys,. that i recently did an review for an scientific/fun cool to read magazine company called Quest about an Xbox360 PinballGame,. i as an expert of pinball did my experience of another pinballgame called PinballClassics "TheWilliamsEdition" for the interested people they can look that up down here.
          Yeah! Most of us here have played the game. In the US it's called "Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection". Currently Farsight is making a new digital pinball game called "Arcade Pinball", which will be available for all major platforms early next year.

If you ever buy a PS3, I would love to hear your opinion on Pinballistik. Another unique pinball title that has some interesting ball physics and a very unique multiplayer concept.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchTommy View Post

http://www.fixxbox.nl/index.php?opti...d=50&Itemid=60

if there are people who likes to play with me,. add me with the nick beneath

TommyCyBeRRoy
            People might be interested but I don't think many of them will understand it I could read it quite well as it is very similar to Afrikaans my first language. So basically you also felt that even though the tables are quite a good representation of the real life tables, the physics just doesn't feel right... as if gravity is just not having the effect on the ball as it should. I agree... for meet it feels like the ball floats across the screen rather than roll.

Anders gestel: die effek van swaartekrag op die bal voel net nie reg nie
            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Hi all. So been progressing well with my goal. Just struck off Rome after activating a multiball up the top of the right ramp. All the lights started flashing and 10 seconds later I land a ball in the back of that revolving head and I have 100mil on the scoreboard. No idea how I unlocked it. no idea what i was supposed to do, but, 3balls and 125mil later .... i'm a happy chappy.

Anyway, just got Blade to beat now and got 15.5mil on the first proper try so probably wont take too long. So the only thing now is to buy more tables. Going to start with the dlc from pinball fx1. So could anybody tell me what order they were released please as I want to play them in chronological order if poss.

Just to be clear, talking about earth defence, rocky, haunted mansion, street fighter and excalibur. Thanks for help.
              I'm Sanity Impaired

Comment

Well, when I first got the Core Pack myself I decided to lookup both Pinball FX2 and Pinball FX on Wikipedia, and I did find out when the tables were released according to information there. But rather than saying "Check Wikipedia" I'll just link it and post the information below:
                Oct/31/2007 - Buccaneer
                Jan/16/2008 - Nightmare Mansion
                Apr/02/2008 - Rocky and Bullwinkle
                Nov/12/2008 - Street Fighter II Turbo
                Sep/21/2009 - Earth Defense
                Jan/27/2010 - Excalibur

Hope that helps
                Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
                Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

thanks for the info. Now bought the ones I wanted.
                  I'm Sanity Impaired

Comment

"The other biggest thing is the nudging. Even if I could nudge this machine it wouldn't be enough to pass a stop ball from flipper to flipper. Nudging is more for outlane saves and combined with emergency slap saves for SDTM. This thing alone make FX 2 very different to real machines. The control is just alot easier. Also the middle gap is larger on a real machine and not all machines have kickbacks so outlanes are always exposed."

Agreed! Real machine ball passing usually involves quick flipping the ball so that it spanks off the lower corner of the slingshot and gets tossed to the opposite flipper. A nudge strong enough to pass the ball like we do in FX 2 would most likely tilt the machine. ;P

Comment

Originally posted by SBVIPER View Post
                      "The other biggest thing is the nudging. Even if I could nudge this machine it wouldn't be enough to pass a stop ball from flipper to flipper. Nudging is more for outlane saves and combined with emergency slap saves for SDTM. This thing alone make FX 2 very different to real machines. The control is just alot easier. Also the middle gap is larger on a real machine and not all machines have kickbacks so outlanes are always exposed."

Agreed! Real machine ball passing usually involves quick flipping the ball so that it spanks off the lower corner of the slingshot and gets tossed to the opposite flipper. A nudge strong enough to pass the ball like we do in FX 2 would most likely tilt the machine. ;P
                      LOL
                      tilt the machine, I'm pretty sure you'd push it through a wall!
                      Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

As posted in the intros thread, Roy in action:

http://papa.org/blog/2012/01/papa-14...100-challenge/

Comment

lol yeah that is me playing... next time i should take the cap on backwards to see more of the flippers haha

but i won 100 bucks by getting the hard to make 1 Billion

the year before that i did the same on Twilight Zone.. making 1 Billion at Twilight Zone.. on the hardest twilight zone pinball you could ever play

my good friend bowen kerins mentioned me on the twilight zone video as well.

http://pinball.org/videos/tutorials/twilight-zone/

greetz Roy

Comment

Tron Pro

Hello People iam TommyCyBeRRoy,. aka Roy Wils.. im an Pro Pinball Player

those guys from PAPA14 recently uploaded my second monstrous good game at Papa 14 held in pittsburgh..

i have managed to get the highest score also known as the Grand Champion

aside of that,. i have reached the pre Wizard mode called the Sea of Simulation.. and if you complete that you get the Real Wizard,.

its been called Portal Multiball

http://pinball.org/videos/tournament...tron-roy-wils/

click on the link above and watch and see me flippin the way towards it, narrated by former World Champion and Good Friend of mine.. Bowen Kerins

PS: i know about the cap,. but fortunally on this video.. it didnt blocked the sight of the flippers much
                            Last edited by DutchTommy; 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Take that cap off, dude.

Comment

Dude... You make it look so easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X