Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Rider Tournament

Ghost Rider Table Tournament January 20 – 27, 2012

To qualify, simply complete a full game on the Ghost Rider table during the tournament period, which will be open January 20 - 27, 2012 on Xbox LIVE® Arcade or PlayStation®Network.

Winners will be notified via Gamertag following the conclusion of the tournament, and also posted to this forum. We make every effort to get in touch with the winners, so please be on the lookout for a message if you want to redeem your prize.

Thanks to We Love Fine for providing these awesome Ghost Rider Vigilante tee shirts (http://www.welovefine.com/product.php?id_product=1478) for as prizes for winners! Also be sure to participate in the Marvel / We Love Fine Avengers Tee Design contest (https://www.welovefine.com/contest.php?id_contest=7), you could win up to $2,500!

Nice prize, shame its going to go to the same person who wins almost every tourney

In all seriousness though, I think it was a bad move to choose GR for the tourney. The table's "super extra ball" feature means that only pro players will be the only ones to have a real chance getting top score.

Imo Thor would have been the better choice, as its a much more well rounded table.

Comment

Originally posted by lexandro View Post
      Nice prize, shame its going to go to the same person who wins almost every tourney

In all seriousness though, I think it was a bad move to choose GR for the tourney. The table's "super extra ball" feature means that only pro players will be the only ones to have a real chance getting top score.

Imo Thor would have been the better choice, as its a much more well rounded table.
      I agree 100% any tournament is welcome imo but I feel like zen should just do a poll next time to see which table they should pick for the tourney.

Comment

i allready got 4Billion within my first ball.. saved my game,cuz i am currently at work. my goal is an 20 Billion score,. hopefully that will be enough to win the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by DutchTommy View Post
          i allready got 4Billion within my first ball.. saved my game,cuz i am currently at work. my goal is an 20 Billion score,. hopefully that will be enough to win the tournament
          Not enough, it will be at least 30 billion to win.

Comment

then my goal will be 30 no problem just 1 full day more playing pinball

Comment

Well guys, I'm going for 100b but Im sure I'll settle for around 400m

Comment

Originally posted by lexandro View Post

I agree with this. Im not sure why Zen seem to choose the 'grindy' tables for tournaments. Spiderman, Paranormal and now Ghost Rider.

The best players will always be top though, whatever table is chosen.

Thats why I think they should try something different like a time attack tournament. Biggest score you can get in 20 minutes or something like that.

Everyone knows the best players at the moment are all ultra cautious nudge passing grinders with too much time on their hands (joking, joking). It would be interesting to see who can put big scores together quickly under pressure.

Comment

Im very interested to see what score will take no1 at the end.
                  sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                  *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Im sure the new ghost rider movie releasing soon had something to do with the table
                    being picked for the tourney

Comment

Well I see Tommy drained at 12.4 bil, Top Score as of this post. Way to go!
                      Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
                      Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Lodan View Post
                        Well I see Tommy drained at 12.4 bil, Top Score as of this post. Way to go!
                        I think that was only his warm up round...LOL.

If people are willing, this will go into the hundreds of billions and maybe even the trillions. I'm a "hobbyist" pinballer based on another thread I saw (as far as my skill goes) and I'm at 1.8 billion with 4 extra balls on "ball 3". If little old me can pull this score off, the real players will do it 100 to 1000 times better.

You know why we haven't seen any scores more than 12B? The pros are staggering their time over the week. We probably have at least 10-20 scores over 100B right now, still in progress.

My initial goal was 1B, and I got that. After I calmed down by hitting my goal, and maxed out my extra balls on my last ball, I am now going for 2 billion.

I honestly don't know what to do now... Do I spam villains or do I spam 3 ball multiballs? Do I spend an hour just getting my mutiplier up?

All I know is that my superscore is going to be kinda nuts now compared to my friends, and that I will likely never beat this score.

EDIT:

I ground my way to a 500M score on Paranormal, but never really did all the missions. Is it a higher scoring table than this one?

My wild ass guess on the high scores is based on the absolute ease to get a 3 ball multiball, in which I've scored probably close to half of my overall score. It's 3 shots to start a 3 ball multiball. It's 3 shots to spam villains which can get you over 20 Million with about 1 minute invested.

I've faced Zadkeil about 6 or 7 times in this game and only won 3 times. 6 shots for 50+ million for the pros. My goal for this tournament is a top 100 score. I'm close to top 20 now, but I expect that to drop fast within the next few days.
                        Last edited by Numanoid; 01-22-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I posted a score of about 1.7 billion. I could have done better as I missed out on getting 3 of my extra balls, but I'm happy enough. And I don't want to get completely burn out on the table by playing it even more. I still don't like Mars and Spider-Man as much as I used to because of overplaying them during their respective tournaments.

Comment

You have 8 days for the tournament, 8 days have 8X24 hours = 192 hours. But dont forget to sleep, say 5 hours per day, so you have 192-40 = 152 hours to play. If you are a good player, you can make 1 billion per hour. So you can only reach about 150 billion in 8 days, if you have no work, school, girlfriend or other things taking time. Eat while sitting on the toilette, otherwise you waste too much time, or put a potty infront of the TV.

Comment

1 Billion a hour is not that good though.. i can make 1.5Billion in 1 hour approximaly.. i am currently sitting at 12Billion with my 2nd ball.. having 4 Extraballs remaining.. tonight i will make an 3 hour session after my worktime..

i am aiming for an + 30Billion Score.. if i got beaten then i just got indeed time to less to play for more billions.. then it will be that.

Comment

Working...
                              X