No announcement yet.

Thornament 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Battle is on. Heck im still to reg' a Billion on this Table lol.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by DutchTommy View Post
      you did an excellent job wims, i gotta tell you that, by getting 24billion points!

but about that bragging against me at the quote above.. im not so sure..

therefore i would love to play some real pinball against you wims.. an 1 on 1 battle then we see who is the real pinballchamp

you may however pick any modern day pinball machine to battle onto

if it were possibly offcourse,. i always like some good competition like that!

but about zen pinball,. i would do my best this week to get real close to yours or even higher..
      Huhu, thanks Tommy !

You also know, by presenting yourself as a champion of pinball in your first message, hard gamers from PFX will have only one idea in mind : to kick your ass !! This is the game !

On real machines I have no chance to beat you. Pinball FX is primarily an arcade and reflexes game, this is so different. And I don't know enough about real pinball, this request a year of training.

It's already good for me to have a tight game with a champion... I'm just a little person you know, I play for fun.

So good luck ! I will try this week to go higher too. Odin bless me.
      French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by wims View Post
        Huhu, thanks Tommy !

You also know, by presenting yourself as a champion of pinball in your first message, hard gamers from PFX will have only one idea in mind : to kick your ass !! This is the game !

On real machines I have no chance to beat you. Pinball FX is primarily an arcade and reflexes game, this is so different. And I don't know enough about real pinball, this request a year of training.

It's already good for me to have a tight game with a champion... I'm just a little person you know, I play for fun.

So good luck ! I will try this week to go higher too. Odin bless me.
        you think 1 year of training will cut it wims? to beat me down on a constant base? well incidental you may win a game.. but lets say having a best out of 5 little game tournament to see who is the best.. im not sure that will help you enough with 1 year of practice,.

and no we dont play at pingames we both know.. we seek out for any particular games we both dont ever played on.. it is not fair of having an advantage of knowing an particular game.

real pinball is a way more about reflexes and the complexity of rules and strategy reaches further then pbfx,

you cant count on fixed ball trails which are at pbfx2, and a narrow middle gap is not on real pinball,. its an whole different ball game..

i started playing real pinball when i was 6 years old for the first time,. my folks had an pingame at their own pub at that time.. i was hooked,.

and now i got more then 25 years ball playing time on my back, and i started to play competitive pinball around 1998.. which i feel was a tad late in my believing.. anyway i won the European Championships in 2005 and dutch crown in 2007.. became the best qualifier at papa pittsburgh in 2011.. ended unfortunally 9th.. at the end,.

last month ive won the 'battle for the kingdom' tournament..its an private tournament among the 12 best players of this country.. it was tough!! but beated them all even the worldchampion of 1998 (albert nomden) in a 1 on 1 match..

and next sunday i am in for an local tournament with players from the dutch pinball association.. the guy have more then 10 pinballmachines in his house,. i dont play a lot of real pinball anymore as i used to due to the fact they are not much around in the wild anymore,.. anyway last year i went to 5 of the same kind of tournaments during the year.. over the year i won 3 times the first place.. 1x 2nd place. and the other was an total waste,. i didnt reached the final four,. can happen.

but i will love to play the real game with you wims.. in 1 year from now..
        offcourse people wanna to kick my ass,. wims. i love the mentality i truly understand that, i mean yeah thats the game right its like tennis / darts or any other sport.. competition is cool.

i am not an bad person at all. and i dont think you are wims.. i actually like your mentality thats what you need to win tournaments in general.

wims if you think you can beat my score down here on tron for example on A division level setuped game your basically ready for the competition..

http://vimeo.com/35206507

Comment

I hate how you can get like 15 extra balls on Ghost Rider, but usually can't even get one on Thor. Ugh.
          http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Yeah, those golden apples are way too tedius for me.......I just try for Odin's gift - a rolling shot from the right flipper isn't too hard to make the target when exposed.........

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
              I hate how you can get like 15 extra balls on Ghost Rider, but usually can't even get one on Thor. Ugh.
              i can get all 6 extra balls... means 9 ball a game.. still to get 24Billion requires an strategy!.. i am figuring out the best strategy still to make.. i am thinking of spamming the destroyer.. 2x playfield scoring.. strategy.. maybe those apples are bonus wise more then it will first appear.. i will play an good game tonight.. and i got to make an good notice about the end of ball bonus.. i have got an feeling.. there is something in the table which creates anomalies which results very high scores.. that is still to figure out by myself.. i am guessing that wims has exploiting the element allready.. i am still searching for that element.

grtz DT

Comment

Originally posted by Postman View Post
                Yeah, those golden apples are way too tedius for me.......I just try for Odin's gift - a rolling shot from the right flipper isn't too hard to make the target when exposed.........
                Yeah who came up with the idea of collecting SIXTY apples?? Really?? Plus Odins Gift rarely gives out an extra ball. Usually you get like a million pints or even lower. Why such craptastic gifts? Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                  Yeah who came up with the idea of collecting SIXTY apples?? Really?? Plus Odins Gift rarely gives out an extra ball. Usually you get like a million pints or even lower. Why such craptastic gifts? Ugh.
                  The one thing I'd like to see for Odins Gift is Multipliers Held. The 60 Golden Apples wouldn't be so bad if the option for Multipliers Held were available. I like to have a 10x bonus and having to collect the apples for every ball is tedious.

Comment

Oddly enough even though I said I wasn't gonna play Thor much during the tourney, I have played the occasional game after a few rounds of Epic Quest and Ghost Rider just for kicks. Anyways, Yesterday or the day before I slept for 24 hours I did actually manage to get 2 extra balls and got my score up to like 10 mil. I don't even understand how I got the extra balls and that is why I don't think I can manage a good score on Thor. Because I somehow just Do Not understand the table, it's too confusing for me. But hey my guy on Epic Quest is level 23 and I seem to be averaging 20 mil a play on that table. Hopefully next month's Tournament is something I understand better.

Edit: oh and I don't remember exactly when it was that I slept for 24 hours...
                    Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
                    Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

Slept for 24 hours jeez thats Hardcore, im not playing Thor much because im hooked on Epic Quest.
                      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

I agree the frost monster missions are frustratingly complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by PSKay View Post
                          The way the tournament score works is that it uses your highest score in a tournament. So in order for the Thor score to be added it would have to be higher than your Mars tournament score or any other tournament you participated in.
                          Oh yeah. Thanx!

I just found that out myself by besting my Mars tournament score.

I raised my Thor score by over 100.000.000 and am now #165 on the leaderboard too--which is very good!
                          --for me!
                          Last edited by _Mr.E_; 02-29-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Mr.E_ View Post
                            I raised my Thor score by over 100.000.000 and am now #165 on the leaderboard too--which is very good!
                            --for me!
                            Nicely done! I'm scared to look at where I am on the leaderboard at this point. I believe on my third (and best) game of the tournament I was briefly in #27th place; but that was a little before peloquin17 posted here about a #23 and later mentioned it had dropped to #150.

I'm just aiming for good personal progress on these things, I don't have a hope of touching the scores of many of the players here.

I'm extremely pleased to have posted a 114M score, also my best tournament score to date. I'm a long time fan of pinball (30+ years now), but it's only recently that I've gotten more into the actual gameplay side at all seriously. (I remember when I was young and I rarely had any pocket money, just staring at the games for as long as I could, admiring the electro-mechanical mechanisms.)

Comment

Oh I also managed to hit the bottom of the tournament leaderboard the other day with one of my alternate gamertags, prolly still there.

But yeah I dunno what it was, I was just extremely tired last weekend and prolly woulda slept longer if I didn't struggle to get out of bed. Prolly sick or something...
                              Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
                              Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

Nicely done! I'm scared to look at where I am on the leaderboard at this point. I believe on my third (and best) game of the tournament I was briefly in #27th place; but that was a little before peloquin17 posted here about a #23 and later mentioned it had dropped to #150.

I'm just aiming for good personal progress on these things, I don't have a hope of touching the scores of many of the players here.

I'm extremely pleased to have posted a 114M score, also my best tournament score to date. I'm a long time fan of pinball (30+ years now), but it's only recently that I've gotten more into the actual gameplay side at all seriously. (I remember when I was young and I rarely had any pocket money, just staring at the games for as long as I could, admiring the electro-mechanical mechanisms.)
                                Thanx bclewis! I know I'm not good enough to ever win a tournament, but I'm very happy to have gotten as high on the leaderboard as I have.

I just wish I could ever have more than one killer ball per game . . . hehehe!
                                I got almost all of the points in that game on ball one.

Comment

Working...
                                X