Game Informer Shows Some Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whinners

You know, it really does take one visit to a game forum to ruin everything you love about the game. I came to this thread hoping for some insightful info on the upcoming Hulk table and the majority of things being posted here is straight up hate towards Zen. I may have come to the pinball party late (downloaded the free Paranormal table in October and now own every table on the XBOX), but I am here to stay now thanks to Zen's awesome quality. Sure, I have some least favorite tables, but I realize that it would be impossible to create ONE table with something for EVERYONE on it. Epic Quest wasn't a good table?! Really? REALLY?! It was a phenomenal leap forward for pinball, just on pure mechanics alone! Loot, leveling up, fighting system.....not to mention the humor and 'cut scenes'. I kindly submit that we stop all the hate and the butt hurt and realize Zen is the ONLY company out there making a quality pinball game and we should all be thankful that they are! Obviously you are into the game, that is why you signed up on the official forums right?

Comment

Originally posted by DugDigger View Post
      You know, it really does take one visit to a game forum to ruin everything you love about the game. I came to this thread hoping for some insightful info on the upcoming Hulk table and the majority of things being posted here is straight up hate towards Zen. I may have come to the pinball party late (downloaded the free Paranormal table in October and now own every table on the XBOX), but I am here to stay now thanks to Zen's awesome quality. Sure, I have some least favorite tables, but I realize that it would be impossible to create ONE table with something for EVERYONE on it. Epic Quest wasn't a good table?! Really? REALLY?! It was a phenomenal leap forward for pinball, just on pure mechanics alone! Loot, leveling up, fighting system.....not to mention the humor and 'cut scenes'. I kindly submit that we stop all the hate and the butt hurt and realize Zen is the ONLY company out there making a quality pinball game and we should all be thankful that they are! Obviously you are into the game, that is why you signed up on the official forums right?

Let me ask you this: For any game company that makes games that you love, do you sucker in to buy and love everything that the game company makes and sells, and not to question or criticize their decision making?

We, as the consumers, have a right to agree or disagree on the direction that Zen is headed toward. Some of our opinions aren't positive, or negative, but others have to respect what other people think and say. To give feedback on what Zen has done. To label other people as 'whinners', all i can do is smh at that.

I understand what you are saying, but you gotta realize people won't agree on everything Zen does, and sometimes it leads to negative criticism. This is good for Zen, to listen what part of the community agrees, and disagrees. Calling other people names just doesn't work, everyone here should be mature on what they say, but who am i to say that? It is the internet afterall.

It's good that you have a strong positive opinion on EQ. Here is what I think about Epic Quest:

Epic Quest I believe was nothing more than a experiment, pinball with RPG elements. Epic quest looked marvelous, but the gameplay I wasn't too much of a fan of. It requires a large amount of time and repetition to level your character up and increasing the princess multiball jackpot to actually get a high score. After awhile, it gets bland and boring, unlike other tables Zen has put out.

Comment

Cheers!

This may only be your 3rd post Digger, but if you've been reading the threads, you should know by now that Zen Studios openly and willingly asks for the players input, opinions and suggestions.

They Want to here our gripes and likes on current and past tables becuase this bombardment of info helps them become a stronger company. They also like hearing what we would do on future tables and most definitely report and bugs or annoyances in their current releases.

As for Zen being the ONLY company making a good pinball game, even ZEN has acknowledged their excitement for The Pinball Arcade coming on the 28th. I look forward to both companies pumping out great tables over the next year.

In one way I see your side, game creation is an artform so how could we tell the artist not to express themselves their way, but our way. Answer, when the artist asks how we the players would do or change things, then let the people have thier input.

Finally, no one's hating on ZEN, If we weren't so passionately in love with Zen's product, we probably would be here to begin with! Amen!

Comment

To all those hating on world war hulk not being classic hulk:

Would you rather see hulk fighting the abomination/leader/thunderbolt Ross and army OR beating the crap out of other superheroes??

Yeah, coz that's the difference.

Is that iron fist on the table art, and Ben Grimm on right? Or is it one of his war bound brothers, like the grey dude?

Comment

Originally posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
            With all these marvels table to come out. Will we see anymore classic license tables like Ms. Splosion, Street Fighter II, and Rocky and Bullwinkle? Just a variety of different licenses is a breathe of fresh air then focusing all on one big license, as in my opinion, the Marvel brand has been exhausted.
            There's a big hint dropped in the Game Informer story.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
              *Raises eyebrows* Hmmm hint you say, somehow need to get that Mag. When does it come out, the issue that is.
              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                *Raises eyebrows* Hmmm hint you say, somehow need to get that Mag. When does it come out, the issue that is.
                Barbiebobomb has a link to the article in the first post of this thread! Hope it works for you!

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                  So, we're either going to get an Assassin's Creed table, or...

Hmm, Bugs Bunny and Gremlins.

Don't feed them after midnight (madness).

Mogwai Multiball

Comment

Whenever the magazine issue releases, i'll try to get my hands on it, and scan the story.

Comment

Wow... my first impression of the screen shot is that the table looks great! I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but have always loved The Hulk. Thanks for bringing this table to life. I'm psyched to learn about the other tables. Thanks Zen!

Comment

Originally posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
                        Whenever the magazine issue releases, i'll try to get my hands on it, and scan the story.
                        Oh dude that would be awesome as Ive not come across GameInformer in the UK highstreets ever, used to get Gamesmaster its a UK based Mag.
                        sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                        *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

GameInformer is a Gamestop magazine
                          Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
                          Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

Oh dude that would be awesome as Ive not come across GameInformer in the UK highstreets ever, used to get Gamesmaster its a UK based Mag.
                            The Gameinformer article is very nice. The next set of tables will be Marvel events not characters. The pack available in May is The Infinity Gauntlet, World War Hulk, and Fear Itself the forth is based on the upcoming Avengers film. Zen is also working on Dr. Strange and a Marvel Civil War table. This is all from the article

Comment

Originally posted by heavydskipp View Post
                              The pack available in May is The Infinity Gauntlet, World War Hulk, and Fear Itself the forth is based on the upcoming Avengers film.
                              Another 4 pack in May? Cool!

Zen is also working on Dr. Strange and a Marvel Civil War table.
                              The Dr. Strange fans are going to be happy.

Comment

A Marvel Civil War table? Yikes. Everything else sounds great though. Especially DR.STRANGE!!!
                                And keep the four packs coming! Hopefully we will see a four pack of original tables this year too!!!
                                Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 03-09-2012, 05:14 PM.
                                http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Working...
                                X