'Force Close'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Force Close'?

Got Windows 8 installed and working nicely on an oldish laptop, click on Pinball FX2, opens up, waits at the splash screen for a little then just closes back to the start screen.

I can probably assume it suffered a critical error?

Originally posted by WoodlandSpirit View Post
    Got Windows 8 installed and working nicely on an oldish laptop, click on Pinball FX2, opens up, waits at the splash screen for a little then just closes back to the start screen.

I can probably assume it suffered a critical error?
    Yeah, it might be compatibility with the graphics card or something.

Comment

Bit of a bummer

Comment

Same here. Splash then back to start screen. Nvidia 460se is my vid card. Giant waste of time installing this pos OS. Microsoft is absolutely clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by robotwars View Post
          Same here. Splash then back to start screen. Nvidia 460se is my vid card. Giant waste of time installing this pos OS. Microsoft is absolutely clueless.
          That should be plenty powerful to run the program. Not sure what would be causing your issue.

Comment

Ooops. Sorry, I didn't notice this thread. I opened a similar one for nothing. I have the same issue. Intel GMA 950. It moved on before installing the graphics drivers (64 bits from Intel). Then like the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelasso View Post
              Ooops. Sorry, I didn't notice this thread. I opened a similar one for nothing. I have the same issue. Intel GMA 950. It moved on before installing the graphics drivers (64 bits from Intel). Then like the others.
              I highly doubt the Intel GMA 950 will be able to play this game..

Comment

I'll try to get a list of hardware specs. It might require a DirectX 10 or 11 card, if I remember correctly, and the GMA950 is a DirectX 9 card.

Comment

by any chance, can a complete list of hardware requirements be listed to play the game?

like minimum requirements to the recommended requirements?

i doubt my computer could run it though...

Comment

Originally posted by LeafsNation View Post
                    I highly doubt the Intel GMA 950 will be able to play this game..
                    Sure, it won't be playable. But it did run without the drivers installed (using the SVGA ones I suppose). 1 frame per second!!

I am just checking it for testing purposes (I obviously have it for PS3 already. All of them!). FX2 should use DirectX 9 anyway for the reason above.

Comment

From what I understand, dx9 support isn't in the sdk yet, so only dx10+ works for the moment, and dx9 will be added before launch.

Comment

I was getting just the splash screen to begin with then back to desktop. I've just installed the sound card drivers.
                        Working fine now, and playing great.
                        Looking forward to the full release.

Comment

Working...
                        X