Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avengers Chronicles Trailer!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    The Tables look freaking awesome and it appears there will be alot of interesting new gameplay mechanics in action so thats a plus. Only thing that could have been better is if we where given a release date
    We know it's coming out in May. That's good enough for me.

    I really wish they gave us screen shots of the playfields of all four tables. Trailers are good, but screen shots can be better.

    Comment


    • #32
      The tables all look very good and seem to play with various concepts.

      World War Hulk seems to be the most straight forward one of the tables with him fighting Iron Man, Wolverine, The Thing and Dr. Strange. So, gameplay wise this is my no.4 table of anticipation, regarding theme no.3

      Fear itself seems to use magnetics a lot. I don't know how I feel about this, cause up untill now things like magnetics and gravity felt soso to me on other tables, but let's see, what they are doing with it.
      So, gameplay anticipation no.3 and theme anticipation no.2. I'm just reading the Fear itself story arch, so I'm really in the mood for the table.

      Taken from the Infinity Gauntlet blurb under the video:
      "The intense pinball atmosphere heightens as each Infinity Gem produces a special effect on the table, such as literally flipping the table upside down with the Reality Gem."

      This sounds really interesting. With each gem something fundamental seems to change. This leads to a lot of different strategies and possible approaches. Infinity Gauntlet itself is maybe the trademark Marvel crossover of all time, so this is very exciting.
      Gameplay anticipation no. 2 and theme anticipation no. 1.

      Which leaves theme anticipation no.4, the new Avengers movie. No.4 only cause I have not seen the movie obviously and have stronger ties to the other themes at the moment.
      But my gameplay anticipation's no.1 table, due to the different balls. Another qoute from the video:

      "...each character represented by a customized ball that echoes his or her own appearance and power set"

      In the Pinball ideas thread I posted a suggestion a few months back for a system, where diffeent balls are able to do different things on the table. I used pokemon as an example, but this seems very close to the idea I was thinking about.
      So, this is by far the most intriguing gameplay decision for me. It seems that you have the balls on the bottom right in a sort of hangar. Hopefully you are able to switch somehow between team members. It would be a shame, if the balls would only do something in multiball, but with different abilities it seems more likely that you're able to activte each team member and then somehow use the ones, you already have.
      This is really something I was looking forward to and I can't wait to see how it works.

      All in all, great themes, unique ideas wonderful optics. I'm really looking forward to this set.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by shogun00 View Post

        I really wish they gave us screen shots of the playfields of all four tables. Trailers are good, but screen shots can be better.
        I forgot to mention there are screenshots up on our Facebook page, go check them out!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
          I forgot to mention there are screenshots up on our Facebook page, go check them out!
          When I say a "screen shot of the playfield," I mean something like this. I like to have a screen shot of the whole table, so I can get a good idea on how they will operate.

          Comment


          • #35
            Cannot fault production values but too much repetition with IronMan, CaptainAmerica, Thor, Thing and now after watching the video, Wolverine.

            Out of the pack Infinity Gauntlet appeals to me most, least would have to be the Avengers table. Movie tie-ins and games never work out.
            Last edited by Casio; 03-16-2012, 07:09 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Madman View Post
              *Spoilers*

              Technically no. But he's pretty pissed off after being banished from Earth by Reed Richards, Dr. Strange and Iron Man. Ending up on a savage planet where he is forced to fight for his life in gladiatorial games, and finally after rising up, defeating his oppressors and becoming their planet's King (see Planet Hulk) and settling down with a Queen (who is carrying his child), the g-damn spaceship that took him to the planet in the first place, blows up and kills almost everyone on the planet (wife included).

              Hulk thinks that Tony Stark and the Illuminati (Reed Richards, Professor X & Dr. Strange) deliberately caused the spaceship to explode and now he wants his pound of flesh from each of them, literally. So with what few survivors of the planet there are left, he heads to Earth and NYC to take down those he feels were responsible. Is his cause just? That remains to be seen.
              Thanks a lot. Sounds very cool. Looking very forward to this one. Also, maybe IG will be on par with Moon Knight. The table gets flipped upside down?? Holy crap balls!! Plus, Silver Surfer FTW all day long. Glad to see him appear.
              http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Madman View Post
                Hulk thinks that Tony Stark and the Illuminati (Reed Richards, Professor X & Dr. Strange) deliberately caused the spaceship to explode and now he wants his pound of flesh from each of them, literally.
                I Caaaan't wait to kick Iron Man's ass off! I have so bad memories from his own table...
                PINBALL4EVER!!!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Yeah, death to Iron Man. Mad Man, could you supply a brief summary on the Infinity Gauntlet? I think that's gonna be my favorite.
                  Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 03-16-2012, 07:27 PM.
                  http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Can honestly say ive never read "The Fear Itself" but looking forward to the other two tables for the familiarity with the source material (the Avengers table included as ill have seen the movie its based on by the time its released). As such is it worth checking it out for a read?

                    The tables sound awesome... some new mechanics coming from the descriptions such as a flipped over table and the likes which excited. People saying the Marvel tables are too "samey" are only half right - the themes are similar with good guy beating some bad guys but the tables are often very different in my opinion when Zen hits the ground running with Blade and Fantastic Four still favourites of mine despite being amongst the older released marvel tables.

                    Thing is im not burned out by Marvel tables yet... they just need more balance between original and Marvel released and am especially pumped for the Civil War table, if they get it right it should be the best yet (wont be easy getting it right allowing pro and anti reg fans to both get the experience they seek from it) but am concerned actually at the direction of being around events now instead of characters - The Punisher and Daredevil are favourites of mine and have been for a looooong time but they are the kind of lower priority call in such a diverse roster of characters that makes me wonder if i will ever see them get a table in their honour. Doesnt help by the time this pack is released the likes of Hulk, Iron Man, Wolverine and Thor etc will have featured in at least two table each.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                      We know it's coming out in May. That's good enough for me.

                      I really wish they gave us screen shots of the playfields of all four tables. Trailers are good, but screen shots can be better.
                      Yeh full Table Overhead Screens are awesome, yeh I heard May in that GameInformer article was thinking maybe it was changed since at the end of the Trailer it just said coming soon. Sometimes Im a bit greedy when it comes to infom
                      sigpic

                      Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                      PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                        Yeh full Table Overhead Screens are awesome, yeh I heard May in that GameInformer article was thinking maybe it was changed since at the end of the Trailer it just said coming soon. Sometimes Im a bit greedy when it comes to infom
                        Nope, we're still scheduled for May

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                          Nope, we're still scheduled for May
                          Cool ive marked my Calender, well at least over here in the UK we get The Avengers film on the 26th April so I have no right to ask for it earlier

                          Oh do you think will see character specific trailers; like a trailer just to show The Infinity Gauntlet gameplay, similiar to know Marvel VV had trailers for each of the 4 Themes in the Pack?
                          sigpic

                          Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                          PSN = SrkToTheChin
                          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                          *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Yes! We'll have a trailer for each table.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                              Yes! We'll have a trailer for each table.
                              Great news thanks for the reply
                              sigpic

                              Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                              PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Skode View Post
                                Can honestly say ive never read "The Fear Itself" but looking forward to the other two tables for the familiarity with the source material (the Avengers table included as ill have seen the movie its based on by the time its released). As such is it worth checking it out for a read?

                                The tables sound awesome... some new mechanics coming from the descriptions such as a flipped over table and the likes which excited. People saying the Marvel tables are too "samey" are only half right - the themes are similar with good guy beating some bad guys but the tables are often very different in my opinion when Zen hits the ground running with Blade and Fantastic Four still favourites of mine despite being amongst the older released marvel tables.

                                Thing is im not burned out by Marvel tables yet... they just need more balance between original and Marvel released and am especially pumped for the Civil War table, if they get it right it should be the best yet (wont be easy getting it right allowing pro and anti reg fans to both get the experience they seek from it) but am concerned actually at the direction of being around events now instead of characters - The Punisher and Daredevil are favourites of mine and have been for a looooong time but they are the kind of lower priority call in such a diverse roster of characters that makes me wonder if i will ever see them get a table in their honour. Doesnt help by the time this pack is released the likes of Hulk, Iron Man, Wolverine and Thor etc will have featured in at least two table each.
                                A section of WWH deals with a Punisher comic.
                                http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X