Epic Quest tournament 3/23-3/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Quest tournament 3/23-3/30

Zen Pinball already has this listed. I am not sure about FX 2 though. Throwing this out there though.

SWEET. Was tired of Marvel tourneys.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

That doesn't leave me much time to level up to 100 before the tournament. And I'd prefer to finish Mass Effect 3 before I get sidetracked on pinball. I do like the idea of an Epic Quest tournament, though. One of the few tables I actually think I can beat my Ghost Rider tournament score on.

Comment

Cool, haven't played Epic Quest since getting all the acheivements. A good excuse to have another run on this one!

Thanks Zen!

Comment

I usually don't like to complain but this has to be the worst possible table to have a tournament on? Guessing it's chosen cause it's the latest tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinkimono View Post
            I usually don't like to complain but this has to be the worst possible table to have a tournament on? Guessing it's chosen cause it's the latest tho.
            I get your point, but from a non-hardcore player's POV I'm kind of happy with it. There's 0.00% chance I'll be top 100 in ANY tournament, but this table is easy enough (only one I've gotten to wizard mode on so far) that I can blow by my tournament high and get an easy Wizard Score bump.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdannimal View Post
              I get your point, but from a non-hardcore player's POV I'm kind of happy with it. There's 0.00% chance I'll be top 100 in ANY tournament, but this table is easy enough (only one I've gotten to wizard mode on so far) that I can blow by my tournament high and get an easy Wizard Score bump.
              haha yea the wizard score bump is a nice reason ^^

The one i'm worried about is that it's the most "unfair" table especially at this time. Some people have had their level reset and there could be plenty of new players who haven't had the time yet. While someone who have put more time into a table usually have some advantage when it comes to knowledge this time in theory two people could play just as good and still end up with different scores. Which i feel is a really bad way to go about having a tournament. Kind of a slap in the face to new people and people with bad luck = bad for community and growth? May not be a big deal in itself and the actual outcome in the tournament. But the mentality behind it is still "wrong" the way i see it.

It may seem like i'm just crying about it? I haven't had my level reset and at this point i happen to have a lot of time to play if i want to. So for me it's not about where it puts me in it all, I actually benefit from it. I just don't like seeing it beeing done this way.

Comment

You could make the same argument about the Spiderman tourney, only that one doesn't level cap, so whoever played it the most prior to the starting date has the best advantage.......

But if you bought EQ on day one, there has been plenty of time to reach level 100 (not counting a reset). It only took me about a week of moderate playing.

I wouldn't even make an attempt at the tourney unless you are at 100 though, if you are in it to win it. This one basically comes down to who can squeeze the most points out of princess multiball.

Comment

Ah poo.. I've got 65 more levels to go to max out and I'm out of town this week. Does anyone know a fast way to grind XP other than constantly slaying monsters? I saw something about dodges increasing XP, but the XP granted post-battle doesn't seem to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Postman View Post
                    You could make the same argument about the Spiderman tourney, only that one doesn't level cap, so whoever played it the most prior to the starting date has the best advantage.......
                    A lot of people agreed that it was a really bad thing with spider-man working like that. But again they can't please everyone it just feels like a odd way to go about such a social event as a tournament. The good thing about EQ is that they tried something new and that they should get cred for.

Comment

Originally posted by duwease View Post
                      Ah poo.. I've got 65 more levels to go to max out and I'm out of town this week. Does anyone know a fast way to grind XP other than constantly slaying monsters? I saw something about dodges increasing XP, but the XP granted post-battle doesn't seem to change.
                      Bat frenzy can rack up a lot of XP if you can consistently hit the forest shot to hit the bumpers and increase your time limit. I once gained like 4 levels during a single bat frenzy. I defeated almost 200 bats, though. That's nowhere near typical for me. But even 15+ bats will be worth as much XP as multiple monster fights depending on your level. Unfortunately, I don't think bat frenzy or skeleton swarm scale with your level. It seems you get the same XP per bat or skeleton defeated no matter your level. Monster fights appear to give more XP at higher levels.

Comment

I agree with PSKay, bat/skeleton is great if you can hit high numbers, if you get tired of doing those, I started princess multiball and just kept aiming for the smash panel - hitting it a few times rewards you with exp, and you'll find gaining levels quicker than expected.

Comment

I understand this is not everyone's favorite table, but a lot of people have been asking for more tournaments, so that is what we're trying to do. Each table has it's differences, which makes for variation within tournaments. There is a lot more work that goes into setting up a tournament than you probably think, but we're going to try to do them more often. This won't be the last, so if this table isn't your favorite, or you aren't going to be able to participate, don't worry, there will be more!

Comment

It'd be nice to see a tournament on the lesser liked tables such as Iron Man or Ms Splodion-Man.

Or Rocky & Bullwinkle >.>
                            Beat Ms Splosion-Man Wizard Mode on 12/15/2011
                            Beat Sorcerer's Lair Wizard Mode on 12/17/2011

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                              Each table has it's differences, which makes for variation within tournaments. There is a lot more work that goes into setting up a tournament than you probably think, but we're going to try to do them more often.
                              Part of the issue is that some tables do not lend themselves to tournaments. Spiderman, for example, was a huge mistake. If it endeared anyone to the game, after grinding it for billions, I'd be very surprised. I certainly do not want to ever play it again.

Another issue is the tournament structure itself. This is where we need that major update that's been talked about for a long time. i.e. Pinball FX 2.5. An update that not only fixes all those long-standing table bugs and mis-features, but also adds tournament rules.

Pinball tournaments use tournament rules for very good reasons. Zen should be doing the same, and, IMO, should hold off on the tournaments until they have the infrastructure in place to do them properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X