No announcement yet.

Epic Quest tournament 3/23-3/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a bittersweet game. On one had, I got a great score and I'm currently 2nd in the tournament. I know I'll end up dropping several spots by the end but it's still nice. However, it could have been a lot better because I choked by losing my last ball when I still hadn't got my last 2 extra balls yet. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
      Number 3 on the tourney at the moment!
      Not for long lol.
      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

LOL, nope.
        http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

I'm #351! Only 348 away from the top 3! I'm gonna win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kinkimono View Post
            haha yea the wizard score bump is a nice reason ^^

The one i'm worried about is that it's the most "unfair" table especially at this time. Some people have had their level reset and there could be plenty of new players who haven't had the time yet. While someone who have put more time into a table usually have some advantage when it comes to knowledge this time in theory two people could play just as good and still end up with different scores. Which i feel is a really bad way to go about having a tournament. Kind of a slap in the face to new people and people with bad luck = bad for community and growth? May not be a big deal in itself and the actual outcome in the tournament. But the mentality behind it is still "wrong" the way i see it.

It may seem like i'm just crying about it? I haven't had my level reset and at this point i happen to have a lot of time to play if i want to. So for me it's not about where it puts me in it all, I actually benefit from it. I just don't like seeing it beeing done this way.
            I don't see it as crying, they're all legitimate points. I don't agree with them all, but such is life. I don't think it's bad for the community, because I think more people will benefit from the Wizard score bump AND are more likely competing with their Friends List than the entire player pool. I know that even at Level 100 I have a 0.0000000001% chance of winning the whole thing, but I can possibly gloat over ~10 friends.

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
            I understand this is not everyone's favorite table, but a lot of people have been asking for more tournaments, so that is what we're trying to do. Each table has it's differences, which makes for variation within tournaments. There is a lot more work that goes into setting up a tournament than you probably think, but we're going to try to do them more often. This won't be the last, so if this table isn't your favorite, or you aren't going to be able to participate, don't worry, there will be more!
            Put me in the camp that would enjoy a tournament every week, even if it were just Spider-Man where the game is locked in Mysterio mode the entire game. Tourneys are 100% opt-in, and there's no impact on playing the table itself if you don't want to "join" the tourney (just don't look at the leaderboard).

I agree that there are improvements that can be made to the way Tourneys are run. Special tourney rules, for one. Maybe "normalizing" all players on Epic-Quest like tables so that everyone is the same level during the tourney. I dunno.

I do know that there's work involved in updating the game to allow for that, and even with them I still probably only have a 0.000001% chance of winning. So I'm okay with random chances to win free stuff while new tables get made and if they tourney world evolves at some point, it's an extra cherry on the sundae.

Comment

Almost made my first billion for this tournament, but had the weirdest issue -- all of a sudden the bottom of the table jumped to the top, and the top of the table was just below it.. like an old TV that lost its vertical hold. It was playing noises like the game was going on, but no ball was visible. After maybe ten seconds it went back to normal (but I lost the ball a fraction of a second later.. hence no billion). At least it didn't freeze completely, and let me finish the game.

Still grinding for XP over score, but at least the experience gave me hope that maybe I can make it not only to my first billion but possibly to 2+ billion once I get closer to level 100 and start optimizing my strategy for scoring rather than quick XP. Doubt I'll make Lv100 before the tournament ends, but I may make a run for it around level 85-90..

Comment

I had a brief moment of panic yesterday when I had a friend over, accidentally started a game of EQ under her profile, and found myself at level 1. After the reports here of progress resetting, I thought I had encountered that bug right in the middle of the tournament.

Fortunately, once I logged into the correct profile, my progress and saved game were intact.

My tournament (and all-time) top score is now 366M, which is a nice bump to my tournament bonus as well.

I've now encountered the dragon for the third time (and have been defeated for the third time). I think I don't get to the dragon very often just because I tend to avoid the cave shot. Usually I clear out both the Orcanium and the Forest without really trying to, and at that point I'm still left with all the Dungeon monsters to complete.

Comment

epic quest major glitch

yesterday i played epic quest.. and while i was in the skeleton 'swarm' multiball round..

the scoop <> devil glitched on a sudden.. i have captured it on video. to see what i mean about this, never had this before. but i took advantage of it i increased 4 levels because of it

i dropped the second ball on the flipper by accident while i was trying to make the left button on the controller to stick.. to walk out of the room.. leaving the game racking up some skeleton's aka XP points (which a player get from it)

i cannot simulate it all thou,. but it was an huge glitch. is this perhaps the reason i see people on the top 10 which they were never been there before on an other tournament??

watch the footage after the following link to see what i mean about it. and by the way, i was talking with nick 'ihearawitch' at that time.. on xboxlive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehphsdPqKnI

Comment

This glitsh during a multiball and it is a carnage ...

Comment

As one of the players in the top 10 during the tournament for the first time, I resent the implication that I cheated by using some glitch to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchTommy View Post
                        i cannot simulate it all thou,. but it was an huge glitch.

is this perhaps the reason i see people on the top 10 which they were never been there before on an other tournament??
                        I'm surprised a player of your caliber would suggest this, especially if you can't reproduce it. Everyone in the top ten earned his spot. The unfamiliar gamertags have more to do with the table's memory feature.

As for this bug, if you left it running seven days scoring 500 points a second, you would receive 302.4 million points. I doubt that will be enough to break the top 100 once the tournament is over.

Several other tables have similar bugs that are extremely difficult to reproduce. A player may experience them once for every hundred hours on a table. The points gained aren't worth the cost of electricity; it would take several months to break into the top ten.
                        They took our pinball machines!
                        Let's revolt, who's with me?
                        Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Just wanted to thank Zen for making EQ the tournament. I'd been frusterated trying to get the wiz mode on this table (couldn't get into the cave to save my life ), but with it being the tourny I got down on it all weekend, got my last cheevo and scored 336M (which is uber for me.) Grats to all you maniacs in the top 100 !

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Nation View Post
                            Just wanted to thank Zen for making EQ the tournament. I'd been frusterated trying to get the wiz mode on this table (couldn't get into the cave to save my life ), but with it being the tourny I got down on it all weekend, got my last cheevo and scored 336M (which is uber for me.) Grats to all you maniacs in the top 100 !
                            Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Nation View Post
                              Thank you buddy.
                              http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
                                As for this bug, if you left it running seven days scoring 500 points a second, you would receive 302.4 million points.
                                During multiball it's 2,5 million per second (with level 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X