Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more (Marvel) Superhero tables. Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipan View Post
    [QUOTE[/IMG]
    No sign of them? How many times does Zen have to say it? They are working on many tables other than Marvel that will hopefully come out this year. What more do you want to hear?
    Well its just that (good marketing men that they are) the mods on this forum tend to overcrank the hype machine from time to time. Ill wait for more firm details before I get excited.

Better to under promise and over deliver imo. At this moment in time Id happlily settle for a good quality 4 pack of original tables and a bugs fix. See I dont ask for much![/QUOTE]

It's better to be excited now than start becoming excited later. IMO. The news of a dozen tables is more then we could all be asking for; then again, I don't speak for everyone. Since there are particular people (i wont name) on these boards who think their wants are needs, and that a dozen tables aren't enough to satisfy them.

Comment

I don’t think anyone wants Zen to die – that’s a bit extreme.
      LOL! It's just an old saying that my old boss told me. "If you kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, then the company is going to die." It's just that simple.

You and Haomaru are demanding Zen to kill their goose with saying "no more Marvel tables". There's enough room for both Marvel tables (which pay the bills and R&D costs) and original tables. They have plenty of non-Marvel tables in the pipeline (12 to be precise), so we just need to be patient.

All I'm saying is "be careful what you wish for". You may just get it, along with the consequences that could come with it.
      Last edited by shogun00; 04-30-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

The great thing about Pinball FX 2 is you can pick and choose which tables you want. You don't want any more Marvel tables? Vote with your wallet.

Personally though, I'll keep on buying them as long as the tables offered are a diverse experience.

Comment

Freak out freak out freak out freak out freak out freak out
          i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

After watching the Avengers Assemble movie im actually pumped for more superhero tables especially as they are themed around characters of the movie. Cant think i will be the only one feeling this.

Im also super excited for the Civil War table but the negativity to marvel tables will extremely annoying by then from the pinball masses because the likes of that table is themed from one of the best comic series ever made but thats just its biggest drawback as well - Avengers movie will sell the Avengers themed pack but only comic book buffs will care for CW unless Zen overplay (i hope they dont) Iron Man Vs Cap America because the likes of Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Yellowjacket etc are nowhere near being exposed in the same degree to this new era of fans from the movies which Zen is doing so well catering for (with a sneaky fanservice table thrown in the packs in the shape of Moonknight and Blade).

Comment

Like you guys; I am feeling the Marvel burn; and Epic Quest was a bit too easy for me personally (though it was a fun table; no issues there; just easy).

But I do like the format of the next few Marvel tables we know about. Tables based on story lines rather than straight up single heroes are a really great way to mix it up.

I personally can't wait to see how Zen handle the civil war; they better get it right damn it! xD. I'd also like them to do the secret war but that's far less popular (not sure if many people have read that series).

So I think Zen as a company are trying to mix up the Marvel tables now to be more unique. Maybe I'm wrong though; but that's how it seems to me.

Comment

As long as I keep getting enjoyment out of these Tables im sold, thats really the only thing that matters for me.... well I am a Marvel Fan so....
                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                  On that note... You guys are going to FREAK OUT when you finally see what we've been up to
                  Could we have a hint please!

Comment

I watched some clips of the new tables for the first time this weekend and I must admit my heart sank.
                    Models jumping around the tables, bombastic voice clips, – just like nearly every other Marvel table that exists.
                    These tables look so identikit now I find it really hard to gather much enthusiasm for them.
                    Hi Alex, just wanted to chime in here. I was actually very excited about the new tables. Of course, I'm a huge Marvel fan, so I'm a bit biased, but I also had the feeling that Zen wanted to try new things with the tables.

Regarding World War Hulk, I had the same feelings you had. It looks like a very typical table, without something special.

But of the other three each seems to have it's own theme. Fear Itself wants to mess with magnetics, on Infinity Gauntlet the rules change according to the gems you collected (upside down field etc.) and on the Avengers movie table each hero has his/her own ball with specific criterias.
                    Taking this into consideration, I wouldn't say "same old, same old" and I expect that the new tables play very differently from Wolverine or Spiderman.
                    Of course, we'll have to see how this works all out in the end, but I honestly think that there is some effort at Zen to create something new with this new set.
                    Last edited by Verjigorm; 05-01-2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Be4u View Post
                      Could we have a hint please!
                      Sorry... not yet!

Comment

... Let it be TRON in all its neon glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Casio View Post
                          ... Let it be TRON in all its neon glory.
                          Tron Table with Daft Punk doing the Background Music would be fricking dope.
                          sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                          *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Zen please tell me that we will see Dr.Strange this year??!!
                            http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Count me in among those that are just plain burned out on Marvel. If I was a comics nerd it'd be one thing. As it is, I'm far from. That said, I still enjoy a lot of the tables without having much background experience on them. Still, I can't help but yearn for more Zen original IP's. The 4-pack that included SotD, Rome, Pasha, and Biolab was outstanding....and there's been nothing like it since. Since the release of those tables, it's been a heaping pile of Marvel, ports from Zen Pinball (which I enjoyed because they're still Zen original works) and Epic Quest...which I also enjoyed, because of it's complete lack of association with any other franchise. I think they put a lot into these tables, and for the most part, I enjoy them. However, my enthusiasm for pending releases, quite frankly, simply isn't what it used to be. You get all pumped up...and Marvel. Pumped up again...and Marvel. I feel like I've been bludgeoned to death with Thor's hammer. I'm waving the white flag. I can't take any more Marvel. I won't buy anymore, at any rate.

By the way...I want it to be known I love PBFX2...and I think Zen does a bang up job and I'll continue to support their product and recommend it to others. At this point however, I simply have enough Marvel tables to choke a dozen donkeys, and just do not feel inclined to purchase more in the Marvel lineup, however many more that may be. It's not Pokemon. I don't have to have 'em all.
                              Last edited by UranusIsBroken; 05-02-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

If you don't want anymore Marvel tables... then don't buy anymore Marvel tables. It is as simple as that. Also, Zen has stated this Avengers pack is their last big Marvel push for the foreseeable future... so I don't understand all the whining.

Criticizing new tables based solely on theme is foolish. How do you know you are going to dislike them just because they are Marvel?

I'm not really a comic fan, yet I have enjoyed the Marvel tables a lot. I could care less if they release more Marvel or more originals... I just want new tables.

Keep em coming Zen, whatever they may be.

Comment

Working...
                                X