Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more (Marvel) Superhero tables. Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
    If you don't want anymore Marvel tables... then don't buy anymore Marvel tables. It is as simple as that. Also, Zen has stated this Avengers pack is their last big Marvel push for the foreseeable future... so I don't understand all the whining.

Criticizing new tables based solely on theme is foolish. How do you know you are going to dislike them just because they are Marvel?

I'm not really a comic fan, yet I have enjoyed the Marvel tables a lot. I could care less if they release more Marvel or more originals... I just want new tables.

Keep em coming Zen, whatever they may be.
    We don't really see this as whining, I'm actually really glad people are saying what they like and what they don't like, otherwise, how would we know what our fans want? While we do have more people that want Marvel tables (or just any tables), we still care about the opinion of those who would rather see us work on something else. Personally, I love the new tables, and I've never read any of the comics. I had to look up most of the characters because I had never heard of many of them until I played. I think Infinity Gauntlet is one of the best tables we've made so far (but I have yet to play the Avengers table, so that may change!). I know a lot of people don't care about the theme as much as the overall feel and playability, but if you don't like the way it looks/sounds, why should you feel obligated to buy it and stare at it for hours while you play? You shouldn't.

For the most part, people have been respectful when they say they don't want any more Marvel tables, and I hope it stays that way. The one thing I would like to see alongside the "no more Marvel" comments: suggestions! If you don't want more Marvel, what would you like instead? I know most say they want Zen originals, but what kind of themes would you like us to explore? I always send suggestions to the team, so let me know! Who knows, maybe you'll see one of your table requests come to life

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
      For the most part, people have been respectful when they say they don't want any more Marvel tables, and I hope it stays that way. The one thing I would like to see alongside the "no more Marvel" comments: suggestions! If you don't want more Marvel, what would you like instead? I know most say they want Zen originals, but what kind of themes would you like us to explore? I always send suggestions to the team, so let me know! Who knows, maybe you'll see one of your table requests come to life
      Genuine, not funny good old horror (of course meeting the PG-13 criteria) will do.

I explained it in more detail in this thread My Pinball Top 5 Wish Lists

Of all the horror/mystery tables Zen has made so far only Paranormal and Blade don't fall in the childish disney lala category. Table design and gameplay aside, theme and art design is very important for my enjoyment of a table. All I am asking for is true, genuine horror/mystery tables.

For Original tables: anything sincere horror/mystery
      For existing IPs: Silent Hill, Castlevania, Resident Evil

Comment

i want to see more marvel. , where did i read about nova table and other unrealeased ? i know for sure i read about dr strange and civil war.
        i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

A, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly table would be pretty damn cool.
          http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by maink View Post
            i want to see more marvel. , where did i read about nova table and other unrealeased ? i know for sure i read about dr strange and civil war.
            Nova Table? I did read about Dr Strange and civil War in the game informer article but no mention of a Nova Table.

All in all any new table from Zen would be fantastic. Marvel or some original IP. Something from Popcap is supposed to be announced in the coming months.

Comment

Lots of good posts

I have finally got just about every table for 360 and i have to say...

most of them are pretty damned great. I agree that there are lots of Marvel tables coming out, but you can not deny how fun these tables are. True, I would like more original tables, but they are coming eventually. The most important thing to me is not what new tables are coming out, but how often. Judging from the 20 odd tables I now have, it's a safe bet to say any new table will be good.

That's just my opinion, but even tables I think are the worst of the bunch, like earth defense, are fun to play just because i hate it so much. And I mean that in a good way. I have a lot of problems with this table. The ball speed seems like the fast ball special from wolverine, and the ball lock and the whole top left corner drives me nuts, but that's why I keep playing. Because It's funny to try and destroy a virtual pinball table. The theme is good and it's not so unfair that its unplayable.

These new tables may be more Marvel, but look at how great the "gimmicks" of these tables are. Magnets and orbits that play out below the flippers. I have never seen a table that does that. 5 unique balls on one table! Think of how multiball modes could play out like that! Tons of new mini playfields, which is one of my favorite features.
              "Cynics regard everyone as equally corrupt. Idealists regard everyone as equally corrupt, except themselves." - Robert Anton Wilson

Comment

I've bought every table that came out so far and more or less, I like them all. But I enjoy the Marvel tables alot more than the others and they keep me motivated for a much longer time. I think there are still enough "untouched" heros that would be great themes for a unique table (Dr. Strange, Punisher, Cloak & Dagger.. for example). So I'm hoping that Zen continious to create some Marvel tables besides some other themed ones. Of course Tron and Castlevania would be tables that i'm definitly looking forward to.
                Just keep up the great work and quality Zen!

Comment

same here , i love playing the Marveltables for hours & not becaues of the Theme or Hereo
                  they just make me more addicted then the other Zen Tables

Comment

Originally posted by mawah View Post
                    I've bought every table that came out so far and more or less, I like them all. But I enjoy the Marvel tables alot more than the others and they keep me motivated for a much longer time. I think there are still enough "untouched" heros that would be great themes for a unique table (Dr. Strange, Punisher, Cloak & Dagger.. for example). So I'm hoping that Zen continious to create some Marvel tables besides some other themed ones. Of course Tron and Castlevania would be tables that i'm definitly looking forward to.
                    Just keep up the great work and quality Zen!
                    Thanks! We're actually planning on doing a Dr. Strange table! Among so many others

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                      A, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly table would be pretty damn cool.
                      Hells Yeah

Aside from the greatest spaghetti western ever (Fistful of Dollars is close).... the real reason I'm speaking up is just to reiterate something:

The only reason I got into Zen pinball was the original Marvel tables. I've been hooked ever since, and will purchase all tables no matter the theme anyway, but as a true Marvel fan I will love any and all new Marvel tables.

That said, the overall "theme" of superhero vs. villain could get to be a bit "long-in-the-tooth". There is no other theme that comes close to being as heavily represented as the Marvel theme so its understandable for fans of the PINBALL to grow weary.

(no stamford multiball for civil war table; its a solomn event)

Comment

Thanks! We're actually planning on doing a Dr. Strange table! Among so many others
                        Sorry Barbie, you meant to say a Doctor Who table...right?!?!

Daleks, Cybermen,Weeping Angels, oh my!

Comment

This table is gonna rock! Just bought several old issues of Strange today. a couple off shoots and variants from the last couple of years as well! Scored s pretty cool Infinity Gauntlet too!!
                          http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Cool! Great to hear that!!

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                              This table is gonna rock! Just bought several old issues of Strange today. a couple off shoots and variants from the last couple of years as well! Scored s pretty cool Infinity Gauntlet too!!
                              It may help you find good Dr Strange titles by looking for "Strange Tales" which was the title that first introduced Stephen Strange. He didn't get his own title for a long time, and that had a short run. The best were from the early eighties/late seventies; thick on story and colorful splashes, although a little light on action.

Comment

I agree with TC. The Marvel theme has been done to death. If Zen wants to continue with big name comic book characters, they should acquire an Image Comics or DC license and give us a Spawn table or Superman table (a Justice League task force theme would be so much more preferable to an Avengers theme). They should acquire some more video game franchise licenses too, and give us more tables based on popular fighting games like Mortal Kombat. It's been a long time since that Street Fighter table was made.

Comment

Working...
                                X