Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more (Marvel) Superhero tables. Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hermit Shark
    replied
    Fantastic! Cant wait to see what they have come up with.

Leave a comment:

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
    replied
    Don't worry Zen has a bunch of non - Marvel stuff coming.

Leave a comment:

• Hermit Shark
    replied
    We've had ten "superheros fighting supervillains" tables already with another 4 to come...that is the same theme with different outfits over and over
    again. I dont hate the tables or anything, and the theme was great fun to begin with but its getting pretty stale for those of us who arent particularly
    into comic books. For me a good theme will keep me going back to a table even if I am really struggling with it. I'm not saying 'please stop doing superhero tables' cos there are obviously a lot of people that like them. I'm just asking if we can have a more varied mix of themes - around 40% of all
    tables having the same theme seems a bit much to me.

Leave a comment:

• Rafie
    replied
    Originally posted by mawah View Post
    Spawn would have been very cool but for the rest: Marvel >> DC, so thats ok.
    I'm hoping one of your next big license(s) is DRAGONBALL, that would be awesome!!
    Did...*gulp*...you say DRAGONBALL!!!

^^^
    You can tell I'm a fan! I want one SOOOOOOOOOOO badly! KamehameHA!!!!

P.S. My cousins went to Kamehameha High School in Hawaii!

Leave a comment:

• mawah
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We don't have plans to work with any other comic book companies, but I think you'll be happy with our next big license(s) we are working on this year.
    Spawn would have been very cool but for the rest: Marvel >> DC, so thats ok.
    I'm hoping one of your next big license(s) is DRAGONBALL, that would be awesome!!
    Edit: Or does that count under "comic book companie"?
    Last edited by mawah; 05-17-2012, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by ammonitida View Post
    I agree with TC. The Marvel theme has been done to death. If Zen wants to continue with big name comic book characters, they should acquire an Image Comics or DC license and give us a Spawn table or Superman table (a Justice League task force theme would be so much more preferable to an Avengers theme). They should acquire some more video game franchise licenses too, and give us more tables based on popular fighting games like Mortal Kombat. It's been a long time since that Street Fighter table was made.
    We don't have plans to work with any other comic book companies, but I think you'll be happy with our next big license(s) we are working on this year.

Leave a comment:

• ammonitida
    replied
    I agree with TC. The Marvel theme has been done to death. If Zen wants to continue with big name comic book characters, they should acquire an Image Comics or DC license and give us a Spawn table or Superman table (a Justice League task force theme would be so much more preferable to an Avengers theme). They should acquire some more video game franchise licenses too, and give us more tables based on popular fighting games like Mortal Kombat. It's been a long time since that Street Fighter table was made.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Nation
    replied
    Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    This table is gonna rock! Just bought several old issues of Strange today. a couple off shoots and variants from the last couple of years as well! Scored s pretty cool Infinity Gauntlet too!!
    It may help you find good Dr Strange titles by looking for "Strange Tales" which was the title that first introduced Stephen Strange. He didn't get his own title for a long time, and that had a short run. The best were from the early eighties/late seventies; thick on story and colorful splashes, although a little light on action.

Leave a comment:

• mawah
    replied
    Thanks! We're actually planning on doing a Dr. Strange table! Among so many others
    Cool! Great to hear that!!

Leave a comment:

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
    replied
    Thanks! We're actually planning on doing a Dr. Strange table! Among so many others
    This table is gonna rock! Just bought several old issues of Strange today. a couple off shoots and variants from the last couple of years as well! Scored s pretty cool Infinity Gauntlet too!!

Leave a comment:

• rapierdwit
    replied
    Sorry Barbie, you meant to say a Doctor Who table...right?!?!

Daleks, Cybermen,Weeping Angels, oh my!

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Nation
    replied
    Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    A, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly table would be pretty damn cool.
    Hells Yeah

Aside from the greatest spaghetti western ever (Fistful of Dollars is close).... the real reason I'm speaking up is just to reiterate something:

The only reason I got into Zen pinball was the original Marvel tables. I've been hooked ever since, and will purchase all tables no matter the theme anyway, but as a true Marvel fan I will love any and all new Marvel tables.

That said, the overall "theme" of superhero vs. villain could get to be a bit "long-in-the-tooth". There is no other theme that comes close to being as heavily represented as the Marvel theme so its understandable for fans of the PINBALL to grow weary.

(no stamford multiball for civil war table; its a solomn event)

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by mawah View Post
    I've bought every table that came out so far and more or less, I like them all. But I enjoy the Marvel tables alot more than the others and they keep me motivated for a much longer time. I think there are still enough "untouched" heros that would be great themes for a unique table (Dr. Strange, Punisher, Cloak & Dagger.. for example). So I'm hoping that Zen continious to create some Marvel tables besides some other themed ones. Of course Tron and Castlevania would be tables that i'm definitly looking forward to.
    Just keep up the great work and quality Zen!

Leave a comment:

• Dicepticon79
    replied
    same here , i love playing the Marveltables for hours & not becaues of the Theme or Hereo
    they just make me more addicted then the other Zen Tables

Leave a comment:

• mawah
    replied
    I've bought every table that came out so far and more or less, I like them all. But I enjoy the Marvel tables alot more than the others and they keep me motivated for a much longer time. I think there are still enough "untouched" heros that would be great themes for a unique table (Dr. Strange, Punisher, Cloak & Dagger.. for example). So I'm hoping that Zen continious to create some Marvel tables besides some other themed ones. Of course Tron and Castlevania would be tables that i'm definitly looking forward to.
    Just keep up the great work and quality Zen!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X