Pinball FX2 Upcoming Tables List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinball FX2 Upcoming Tables List

I noticed the home page doesn't really have any information about upcoming tables. Is there a place I'm not aware that has a list of tables/DLC coming over the next three months? If not, why are you being so secretive about it Zen? I'm new to PinballFX, but I know with FarSight they are more than happy to tell everyone what their plans are over the summer. So this lack of info is kinda strange to me. Any thoughts on this BarbieBobomb?

Edit: I realize giving the name of a table in some cases for a DLC list may not be terribly helpful, but on the other hand in other cases it most definitely would. Screenshots would be even better with the list, but whatever. Either way it'd be better than finding out a week before hand. It might even provoke people to save MSP if they knew plenty of time in advance.
    Last edited by Frostyglitch; 05-01-2012, 07:42 PM.

Barbie pretty much keeps us up to date on whatever she's allowed to tell us. The only info (that I'm aware of) she was allowed to give about upcoming tables so far is the Avengers Chronicles (Marvel 4-pack) info that Game Informer already did a spread on, and that they're working with Popcap on an upcoming table. The Popcap table was also covered in the above mentioned Game Informer issue.

I don't think its even Zen trying to be secretive. They're working with big name IPs now. I'm sure Popcap, Marvel and whoever the other 2 "big name" companies Zen has lined up don't want Zen leaking info too soon. Chances are they're still negotiating contracts, therefore Zen can only release the info these "big name" companies allow them to release. Don't always be so quick to kill the messenger. Pinball FX2 is Zen's product, but if (for example) they're working on an Aladdin table due for release around Christmas this year, I'm sure Disney wouldn't want them leaking info too early. Its all politics, that's how major corporations work.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Comment

Originally posted by Frostyglitch View Post
      If not, why are you being so secretive about it Zen? I'm new to PinballFX, but I know with FarSight they are more than happy to tell everyone what their plans are over the summer.
      You are comparing apples to oranges here.

There's a big difference between making stuff from scratch and making stuff for emulations.

FarSight is recreating existing tables for emulation. There's really no secret here, since the tables already exist and so FarSight has far more flexibility when announcing things.

Zen on the other hand are making original tables from scratch. Many of these tables are based off of famous properties. This makes it much harder for them to reveal things until the table is complete.

Comment

I noticed the home page doesn't really have any information about upcoming tables. Is there a place I'm not aware that has a list of tables/DLC coming over the next three months? If not, why are you being so secretive about it Zen? I'm new to PinballFX, but I know with FarSight they are more than happy to tell everyone what their plans are over the summer. So this lack of info is kinda strange to me. Any thoughts on this BarbieBobomb?

Edit: I realize giving the name of a table in some cases for a DLC list may not be terribly helpful, but on the other hand in other cases it most definitely would. Screenshots would be even better with the list, but whatever. Either way it'd be better than finding out a week before hand. It might even provoke people to save MSP if they knew plenty of time in advance.

I post all of our news here on the forums, Facebook and Twitter. I am as open with fans as I can be, like a couple of people have pointed out, we're not allowed to spill the beans just yet on what we're working on (due to licensing and contracts). As for a complete list of what we're working on at any given moment, we don't really have one. Most of what we're working on doesn't have any screenshots or trailers because we aren't that far along in the development process to have much worth showing off just yet. Another reason we don't say what we're working on day 1 is that people get antsy. We announced last year that we were working on our RPG table, Epic Quest, and when it took us longer to finish than we anticipated, people started getting upset, which is understandable. We've been developing for about 5 years now and it is still hard to judge how long any given table or pack will take to get through certification for any platform. Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Android and Nintendo all have vastly different ways of getting our games through cert. In any case, we give at least a month or so notice before we get our release date. Oh the joys of digital publishing!

As far as what we're working on for the summer, I'll just tell you right now what I have shared with everyone else

We have a deal with PopCap that we'll be announcing in a few weeks and releasing in the summer. We also have roughly a dozen tables in the works with the "huge iconic" brands you've been hearing people talk about. We also have a couple of non-pinball titles that we're announcing within the next month or so. Avengers Chronicles should (FINGERS CROSSED!) come out this month for XBLA, PS3 and Vita. As soon as we get our official release date, I will post it here in the Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball FX2 forums. I feel like I'm forgetting something... it'll come to me later I'm sure :P

Like I said, I always post news around here as soon I can, but the best place for screenshots and a bit more cohesive list would be our Facebook page, you can just scroll through the posts to see all of our news. Also if you are the Twitter type, I post there as well, but the Twitter and Facebook gets the same info, just depends on which format you prefer. Also, we have just recently started a blog, and we'll build it out more as time goes on.

Your question about upcoming DLC is an excellent one, and has made me think I should do regular blog posts to let people know what we're working on at any given time. Thanks for the idea! I think it would be immensely helpful to have an up to date post every couple of weeks or even once a month to let people how close we are to announcing/releasing projects.

I hope this helps! I just realized I wrote you a book-length reply Please let me know if you have any more questions, as you can see I try my best to answer them in as much detail as I can. Game development is so interesting and complex, I love talking about it!

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
          Your question about upcoming DLC is an excellent one, and has made me think I should do regular blog posts to let people know what we're working on at any given time. Thanks for the idea! I think it would be immensely helpful to have an up to date post every couple of weeks or even once a month to let people how close we are to announcing/releasing projects.

I hope this helps! I just realized I wrote you a book-length reply Please let me know if you have any more questions, as you can see I try my best to answer them in as much detail as I can. Game development is so interesting and complex, I love talking about it!
          Thanks so much for the lengthy response. This is what I call my fellow gamers, great customer relations!

I can appreciate not wanting to disappoint fans with missed deadlines. But, at the same time information about future DLC is like feeding an addiction..it helps. =) Also thanks for taking my question and using it as an idea. I think any information on a blog from you about future DLC is a great idea! Is there a link on the home page to that blog? I didn't see one.

It would be pretty wild to get feedback from the community about a non-IP table Zen is working on, then maybe implement ideas that the fans come up with. I know that's probably a stretch, but maybe we could just focus on one part of the table or something. We could gather up all the best ideas, create a top five list and take a vote on what the plunger should look like for example. =D
          Last edited by Frostyglitch; 05-01-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the lengthy response. This is what I call my fellow gamers, great customer relations!

I can appreciate not wanting to disappoint fans with missed deadlines. But, at the same time information about future DLC is like feeding an addiction..it helps. =) Also thanks for taking my question and using it as an idea. I think any information on a blog from you about future projects is a great idea!

It would be pretty wild to get feedback from the community about a table Zen is working on, then maybe implement ideas that the fans come up with. I know that's probably a stretch, but maybe we could just focus on one part of the table or something. Maybe we could take a vote on what the plunger should look like. =D Be sure to leave a link here if you decide to go through with regular updates, I'll be bookmarking & reading.
            We have had requests for a "Zen Community" table, and I like the idea of voting on specific parts, that makes it feel more like you all helped put it together I will definitely forward this idea to the team.

Comment

I think we are getting a Jimi Hendrix or Michael Jackson table.
              http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                I think we are getting a Jimi Hendrix or Michael Jackson table.
                ZEN hired medium Derek Acorah to contact the spirit's of Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson to get their approval to make tables based on them

Comment

Lotr

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                  I post all of our news here on the forums, Facebook and Twitter. I am as open with fans as I can be, like a couple of people have pointed out, we're not allowed to spill the beans just yet on what we're working on (due to licensing and contracts). As for a complete list of what we're working on at any given moment, we don't really have one. Most of what we're working on doesn't have any screenshots or trailers because we aren't that far along in the development process to have much worth showing off just yet. Another reason we don't say what we're working on day 1 is that people get antsy. We announced last year that we were working on our RPG table, Epic Quest, and when it took us longer to finish than we anticipated, people started getting upset, which is understandable. We've been developing for about 5 years now and it is still hard to judge how long any given table or pack will take to get through certification for any platform. Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Android and Nintendo all have vastly different ways of getting our games through cert. In any case, we give at least a month or so notice before we get our release date. Oh the joys of digital publishing!

As far as what we're working on for the summer, I'll just tell you right now what I have shared with everyone else

We have a deal with PopCap that we'll be announcing in a few weeks and releasing in the summer. We also have roughly a dozen tables in the works with the "huge iconic" brands you've been hearing people talk about. We also have a couple of non-pinball titles that we're announcing within the next month or so. Avengers Chronicles should (FINGERS CROSSED!) come out this month for XBLA, PS3 and Vita. As soon as we get our official release date, I will post it here in the Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball FX2 forums. I feel like I'm forgetting something... it'll come to me later I'm sure :P

Like I said, I always post news around here as soon I can, but the best place for screenshots and a bit more cohesive list would be our Facebook page, you can just scroll through the posts to see all of our news. Also if you are the Twitter type, I post there as well, but the Twitter and Facebook gets the same info, just depends on which format you prefer. Also, we have just recently started a blog, and we'll build it out more as time goes on.

Hi, Can we expect some day Lord of the ring or Finding Nemo tables? Thanks

Comment

So there appears to be two more slots available for new tables. Unless Zen makes the pinball list smaller, or scrollable. Will there be more after Plants vs Zombies table? Are they working on an even better pinball simulation game for the next generation Xbox and PS?
                    PSN ID: mdh71

Comment

Originally posted by Warped Trekker View Post
                      Will there be more after Plants vs Zombies table?
                      Of course there is. There are two more Marvel tables (Dr. Strange and Civil War) in the works and 12 non-Marvel tables in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                        Of course there is. There are two more Marvel tables (Dr. Strange and Civil War) in the works and 12 non-Marvel tables in the works.
                        Holy crap!!! I was wondering if there was gonna be more tables or not. This is Awesome news! Is there any info whatsoever on the 12 non-Marvel tables that are to be released?

Comment

Originally posted by B0BBY B0ULDERS View Post
                          Holy crap!!! I was wondering if there was gonna be more tables or not. This is Awesome news! Is there any info whatsoever on the 12 non-Marvel tables that are to be released?
                          Afraid not! I had a hard time getting Mel (crackervizzo) to just reveal the number.

Comment

Man, we could approach 45-50 tables if some of those exclusive tables are brought over to the other console. That is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorktron2000 View Post
                              Man, we could approach 45-50 tables if some of those exclusive tables are brought over to the other console. That is crazy!
                              The more Pinball the better I say.
                              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Working...
                              X