No announcement yet.

Official World War Hulk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of the four this one definitely has a nice flow. I have only played this one a couple of times since I've been focusing on Avengers and Fear itself. (My favorites so far.)

I was hoping for a little more from the guy that made Thor/Iron Man as far as difficulty. Still though the table is great.

Still like the idea that you need accurate shots to do the missions though.

Right now I'm taking a break from AC tonight. Will continue another time. Let's hope they don't schedule a tourney next week. I'll be in Cali from the 25th to July 1st.

Comment

You can tell this was done by the Iron Man and Thor developers with the amount of ramps, even if it is on the easy side. This is definitely the most accessible of the four, and as people have said, a great flow. I find myself getting the max combos without even thinking. I haven't reached the wizard mode yet, but the mission modes are a lot of fun! All the tables have basic tutorials in the help menu that aren't in depth, but more than enough to get a grip on what does what then learn from there. Great 4-pack, thanks Barbie!

Comment

Originally posted by PSKay View Post
        Well, I beat it on my 2nd try and I still haven't beat Thor's. Granted, I haven't played Thor in awhile and maybe I've improved my pinball skills a little since then. But I think it's more likely that Hulk's Wizard mode just isn't very difficult. I know this is probably a disappointment to Thor/Ironman fans. If you fail it does reset your progress, though. You have to redo all of the missions to get back there.
        You're right! It is quite easy. I beat the wizard mode (and got the trophy) after my second attempt as well.

The missions aren't too bad (4 of them) and the side missions (3 of them) are really easy to complete.

The wizard mode is similar to Thor's without the difficult shots. You need to hit all of the orbits/ramps (10 in all) and then you sink the remaining balls into the Arena Hole.
        Last edited by shogun00; 06-20-2012, 03:56 AM.

Comment

I was close to getting to the wizard mode, but failed. Like you all said, the main missions aren't too hard at all.

Comment

this table is just so beautiful and the flow is pretty amazing. I love the bottom of the table with the water and Liberty head and ship... just breathtaking. The satellite bumpers are great too, I love that effect.

But best of all... Punisher War Journals on the hiveling ramp. Nice shadow artwork, but the dialogue is awesome "He calls himself Mung the Inconceivable. I call him... dead soon." Priceless..

Kudos, Mad Boy. Job well done. Your handle of flow is beyond compare. And Ata, just stunning, mate. Solitude, pass on the love.

Ok, back to it. Haven't tried Avengers yet, but not so keen on IG so far (f**cking mind gem!), and Fear Itself is going to prove itself to be the dark horse of this lot. That table is crazy good and that magna save is beyond cool, so powerful you can grab a centre drain and pull it to the side. If that was a real table your zipper and nuts would be stuck to the front of the cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolve or die View Post

Ok, back to it. Haven't tried Avengers yet, but not so keen on IG so far (f**cking mind gem!), and Fear Itself is going to prove itself to be the dark horse of this lot. That table is crazy good and that magna save is beyond cool, so powerful you can grab a centre drain and pull it to the side. If that was a real table your zipper and nuts would be stuck to the front of the cabinet.
              LOL last statement is hilarious. Didn't know that it could grab the center drain. I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Only given each table a single play so far (about to go do more, here in short order) -- and I must say first, well worth the purchase price, no dud amongst them so far, and that two, so far WWH is my hands-down favorite of the bunch, wizard-moded it and got the achievement for it, and it feels durned nice overall with yes, for some having complained over it pre-release, WWH is an absolutely gorgeous table that flows brilliantly.

Comment

Not really digging this table much, it makes me too angry (go figure)... I'm always one mission off before the wizard mode

Comment

Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
                    Not really digging this table much, it makes me too angry (go figure)... I'm always one mission off before the wizard mode
                    Which mission is giving you the most trouble?

Comment

better than was expecting

This table is fun and has a good flow - underestimated this one the most after watching the previews beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                        Which mission is giving you the most trouble?
                        None give me too much trouble, it's just the fact of always being one mission off before my 3rd ball drains. I suppose The Thing mission is annoying, that lower left ramp is hard to shoot. I don't know what's harder, that ramp, or the sink hole on The Avengers (probably the sink hole )

Comment

Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
                          None give me too much trouble, it's just the fact of always being one mission off before my 3rd ball drains. I suppose The Thing mission is annoying, that lower left ramp is hard to shoot.
                          I never have a problem making that shot.

My advice! Focus on The Thing and Wolverine (the one that gave me trouble) missions first, then focus on Iron Man and Dr Strange. I recommend doing Dr. Strange last, since you have the multiball to back you up if you fail the mission.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                            I never have a problem making that shot.

My advice! Focus on The Thing and Wolverine (the one that gave me trouble) missions first, then focus on Iron Man and Dr Strange. I recommend doing Dr. Strange last, since you have the multiball to back you up if you fail the mission.
                            Will do

Comment

I put up a decent score in my first game, but basically all with my last ball (and 2 extra balls) after I figured most of the table out. I'm glad I didn't make a billion because then I would most probably never have played it again... it is a bit monotonous (compared to Fearitself, Blade, F4 etc). On the other hand I botched the Wizard mode the two times I made it in the game so will definitely have played it again just to beat the wizard mode. Pity again that there is no achievement for the wizard mode... don't really feel like you achieve much compared to Blade or Ironman... seeing that achievement pop up once you finally beat the wizard mode is awesome.

Not my favourite of the bunch even though I haven't yet played Avengers or Infinity Gauntlet.
                              Last edited by Cloda; 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM.
                              XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

This for me seemed to be one of those tables where it was gonna take some working out, but after a dozen or so plays I feel I've gotten a v good grip on it. As others have said flows v well, feels like spidey to me in that respect v easy to get combos going,

The one thing I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of destruction on the table. I was really hoping we'd be able to smash certain parts of the table.

I enjoy the table but what with the easy loops and orbits and no real smashing going on I don't really find it v 'Hulky' feeling...

Comment

Working...
                                X