Official World War Hulk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corpsesmith View Post
    This for me seemed to be one of those tables where it was gonna take some working out, but after a dozen or so plays I feel I've gotten a v good grip on it. As others have said flows v well, feels like spidey to me in that respect v easy to get combos going,

The one thing I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of destruction on the table. I was really hoping we'd be able to smash certain parts of the table.

I enjoy the table but what with the easy loops and orbits and no real smashing going on I don't really find it v 'Hulky' feeling...
    I have the same feeling. Although I think the table does, in some way, depict the character though. to me it feels like ramp/loop/orbit spam. In some way most of the mutiballs have that feeling. In the evacuate civilian mission if you repeat it several times each consecutive time they add a ball. I'm not sure what the max is but I have got to 3. I think the same thing happens on the ARENA mission too.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 06-21-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
      I have the same feeling. Although I think the table does, in some way, depict the character though. to me it feels like ramp/loop/orbit spam. In some way most of the mutiballs have that feeling. In the evacuate civilian mission if you repeat it several times each consecutive time they add a ball. I'm not sure what the max is but I have got to 3. I think the same thing happens on the ARENA mission too.
      Yeah, max is three balls. It loops back to one ball again if you start evac again after the three ball.

One word of advice on the multi ball on this mission. The table releases the balls onto the right flipper, if you do what I did and shoot tthe ball up the table before the second is released the camera will pan up as usual and when the second ball is released you don't see it as the table takes a moment to tilt back down into multi ball view. Ball simply rolls off the flipper SDTM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsesmith View Post
        Yeah, max is three balls. It loops back to one ball again if you start evac again after the three ball.

One word of advice on the multi ball on this mission. The table releases the balls onto the right flipper, if you do what I did and shoot tthe ball up the table before the second is released the camera will pan up as usual and when the second ball is released you don't see it as the table takes a moment to tilt back down into multi ball view. Ball simply rolls off the flipper SDTM.

Hmm I don't have that problem. I know they release on the right flipper for most of the Multiball modes do so I'm prepared for it.

Comment

Tip of the day... start your game (and any ball) off by going for the right ramp so that you can build up your strength and play the maximum strength multi-ball where your goal is to shoot into the bumpers. In double quick time you build up your multipliers to 10x and hit the bumpers 200 times to get an extra ball, if you play well you can also manage to have both kickbacks activated by the end and finally you can build up a pretty decent score as well (20mil+) by the time you are done.

Can somebody confirm how the extra balls work... Initially I though you can get 5 per ball as I got 5 for my first ball (I think... lost some on the way) but when I got to my second ball I managed to only get an additional one. After that I could not get any more extra balls for the rest of the second ball and the third ball. Is it possible that you can get 6 extra balls per game but that they are not restricted to 2 a game ball?
          Last edited by Cloda; 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM. Reason: Spelling and added last bit
          XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

You can actually get 5 extra balls per game. You must have miscounted. As shogun informed me, you can go to the Operator's Menu and check the adjustments settings. It tells you the factory setting for how many extra balls are available.

Comment

I'm sorry, but this table is lame...I get all the missions/side missions done, have one more hit to open the gate and start wizard mode, and what does it do? Drain my ball down the middle after hitting the gate the last time, OF COURSE!

Comment

I tend to find backhand shots with the right flipper are safer for shooting the gate. Shooting from the left flipper definitely caused a couple of drains for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PSKay View Post
                  I tend to find backhand shots with the right flipper are safer for shooting the gate. Shooting from the left flipper definitely caused a couple of drains for me.
                  Yeah that method is definitely more safe.

So I got to the wizard mode after that horrible game, but I choked on it... Oh well, it's definitely one of the easier tables, but it's just annoying to me, and here I thought I'd love this table

Comment

Just repeating what everyone else has said.

The 'flow' to this table is amazing. Personally I've always loved fast playing, ramp combo heavy tables. Hulk does not disappoint. Only have a piddly 220 mil score on it though. But abusing the hulk "power" multiball seems quite easy to do, and by the time that mode ends, you can go into the Skar multiball right away as well. Haven't made the wiz mode yet, but it's only a matter of time.

This seems like yet another great table to hone your multiball skills on.

Comment

Got a new high score on pause, over 500 M. I just absolutely LOVE the flow on this table.
                      And yes Dark, this is a good table to practice multiball on.
                      http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Oh, when the DMD says "Drop Down Active, press launch", what exactly does this mean? I'm pretty sure I hit it at the right time and the ramp just plopped the ball lazily back onto the table.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                          Oh, when the DMD says "Drop Down Active, press launch", what exactly does this mean? I'm pretty sure I hit it at the right time and the ramp just plopped the ball lazily back onto the table.
                          I'm pretty sure it drops it right in front of the upper right flipper.

Comment

Yeah I think it does too. Ended up with 776 M on Hulk, good enough to be ranked 19th in the world right now.

Comment

Well, I was briefly ahead of you at least. Regardless, I, like many others, love how easy it is to hit a majority of these ramps. I'm thinking the STRENGTH multi-ball can be a somewhat reliable scoring strategy. You only have to hit the ramp a couple of times to activate it. I managed score 500+ million on this table and only completed 3 missions.

Comment

I concure with most peeps, this table has a fantastic flow to it its defo up there for me along side THOR for sheer ramp-tasticness. My first show at the table I was a little iffy trying to get a feel for it, but I seem to be getting there. Second game at it and Ive hit 110m after defeating Strange and Stark and doing a decent strength MB mode. Looks like this puppy could be a high scoring table.

Comment

Working...
                                X