Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Infinity Gauntlet Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by deep View Post
    Cheers mate I finally have been able to beat it last weekend. Twice in one game It was good for the third place on the leaderboards. I lost the last 3 balls in like 5 mins though, so it could have been much better.
    Wow, that's impressive! I actually have my game paused on ball 3 with 2 extra balls right now because it got late last night and I had to get to bed, lol.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by deep View Post
      Cheers mate I finally have been able to beat it last weekend. Twice in one game It was good for the third place on the leaderboards. I lost the last 3 balls in like 5 mins though, so it could have been much better.
      Funny enough it seems I did the exact same thing you did, Im 6th in the Leaderboards right now.
      sigpic

      Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

      PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

      Comment


      • Originally posted by deep View Post
        Cheers mate I finally have been able to beat it last weekend. Twice in one game It was good for the third place on the leaderboards. I lost the last 3 balls in like 5 mins though, so it could have been much better.
        Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
        Funny enough it seems I did the exact same thing you did, Im 6th in the Leaderboards right now.
        last night I hit 11th. Don't know if that's dropped a spot or three since then. Was pretty close to cracking the top 10 as well
        had 4 gems on my second run after the warlock frenzy.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bazz View Post
          mind gem and reality gem
          also i would like to know how to activate the ball saver
          Ball save tends to activate itself whenever a multiball starts up. As for the gauntlet saver I'm not exactly sure how you activate it. For the givebacks, that's easy. Just make a shot to the right off a combo with the upper left flipper when you see the "Give back" light light up. Usually do this right after the ball drops off from upper bumper area.

          As for the reality gem, like i said. Make sure you're close to starting a multiball; Gauntlet or Monument (or both!). When the reality mode starts up all you've gotta do is just make a couple shots to start multiball. That mode can be finished really really fast that way.

          For me the first thing i tend to do in the game is take down the monument gate and make shots into the bumpers to start working my way to getting these modes going. If something pops up first like the reality, space, or time gem, then I'm in good shape if one of those modes starts up before i bring the monument to 100% or have a couple balls locked already. Honestly I find space and time gems easier with just 1 ball just so I can make precise shots.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
            last night I hit 11th. Don't know if that's dropped a spot or three since then. Was pretty close to cracking the top 10 as well
            had 4 gems on my second run after the warlock frenzy.
            Awesome m8, yh once I get the hang of the Mind Gem il increase my high even more.

            Originally posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
            Ball save tends to activate itself whenever a multiball starts up. As for the gauntlet saver I'm not exactly sure how you activate it. For the givebacks, that's easy. Just make a shot to the right off a combo with the upper left flipper when you see the "Give back" light light up. Usually do this right after the ball drops off from upper bumper area.

            As for the reality gem, like i said. Make sure you're close to starting a multiball; Gauntlet or Monument (or both!). When the reality mode starts up all you've gotta do is just make a couple shots to start multiball. That mode can be finished really really fast that way.

            For me the first thing i tend to do in the game is take down the monument gate and make shots into the bumpers to start working my way to getting these modes going. If something pops up first like the reality, space, or time gem, then I'm in good shape if one of those modes starts up before i bring the monument to 100% or have a couple balls locked already. Honestly I find space and time gems easier with just 1 ball just so I can make precise shots.
            Problem is the Gem modes randomly are chosen between the Gems you haven't acquired yet so the Multiball being ready isn't a sound tactic.

            Regarding Gauntlet Saver, I believe after you have Right & Left Kickbacks activated if you then repeat the process of activating them the Gauntlet Saver will instead activate. If think its an infinite Ball Saver until you drain, confirm anyone?
            sigpic

            Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

            PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
              Awesome m8, yh once I get the hang of the Mind Gem il increase my high even more.

              Problem is the Gem modes randomly are chosen between the Gems you haven't acquired yet so the Multiball being ready isn't a sound tactic.

              Regarding Gauntlet Saver, I believe after you have Right & Left Kickbacks activated if you then repeat the process of activating them the Gauntlet Saver will instead activate. If think its an infinite Ball Saver until you drain, confirm anyone?
              That's exactly it. It's not a sound or absolutely guaranteed tactic. But having the option for your to engage the multiball during one of the modes where it's available to you certainly is.

              For me it's only the 2 modes where I like to have multiball: Reality Gem, and Time Gem. Time gem is stupidly easy to finish with just 1 single ball. But, it's absolutely not difficult to finish that mode with a multiball going on. With reality gem..... I VERY much want a multiball option available to me, because i know it's 10x easier to finish that gem with a few extra balls flying around.

              For the space gem. Much prefer to have 1 ball going on. If the multiball engages when i have 1 portal left to destroy. Not that much of a big deal to me. I would rather have that certain mode with just 1 ball because it's much easier to trap the ball on the flipper and just aim your shots.

              But those are the 3 modes where gauntlet/monument multiball are available to stack on top of for all 6 gems. Two of which are good for multiball; time and reality gem. For space, like i said. Much more difficult with multiple balls flying around.

              When you think about it, while you're playing wouldn't it be a good idea regardless to complete the vast majority of the % for both gauntlet/monument multiball before you start a gem mode??? If reality or time gem pops up, to me that's an extreme bonus, because I damn well know that guarantees me a gem in either of those modes.

              If it don't happen, you get one of the multiball options, which then gives you the option to unlock the other... and you can just ride it out for points grinding. Not a bad way to go about it if you ask me.

              It certainly forces you to be better when those multiball options pop up, and it absolutely helps you when certain gem modes pop up.

              I dunno about you, but i absolutely HATE when the monument gate is there. I destroy that ASAP personally, because with that gate up, it closes my ramp combo options, and with it up it certainly closes my options to start a gem mode. With that gate up, you only have the left ramp, and right ramp to bumpers (upper right flipper) to start gem modes. With that gate down in the center, those options open up and make it MUCH easier (at least for me) to combo.

              I dunno. Guess I've got a different perspective on this board than others. But I fucking hate that middle gate... I never want it to be closed. It's my #1 priority to get rid of ASAP whenever i play the table, and certainly my #1 priority to get rid of after i complete every successive monument multiball. It's never any fun when you have 7+ hits to get rid of that gate. The way I see it.... that's 7 chances of me hitting that gate with the bottom flippers and the ball draining STRAIGHT down the pipe. Hint... use the upper left flipper to hit the gate
              Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 07-04-2012, 01:20 AM. Reason: derp!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                Awesome m8, yh once I get the hang of the Mind Gem il increase my high even more.

                Problem is the Gem modes randomly are chosen between the Gems you haven't acquired yet so the Multiball being ready isn't a sound tactic.

                Regarding Gauntlet Saver, I believe after you have Right & Left Kickbacks activated if you then repeat the process of activating them the Gauntlet Saver will instead activate. If think its an infinite Ball Saver until you drain, confirm anyone?
                Mind gem use to be a problem for me, but now I have no problem completing that mode. Space gem was my main pain in the butt to complete. Even on the past 2 big games i had where i hit big on the leader boards, I had to start the space gem mode 3 times before I got the gem. Once was from half of the universe mode, other time I just had to flat out do it.

                It's much easier to get when the "random" shots are the more easier shots. Like the left gauntlet shot, then hit a spinner to open the gate. Or shoot straight up the middle, hit the left orbit to open the gate. Where I get into trouble is when they make you open the gate with the shot into the mistress hole.

                But now I'm much better at hitting those shots for the space gem. Now for me all the gem modes are pretty easy once you know what to do. Space gem still snags me from time to time, and once in a while the mind gem screws me up...but that's just to due to me being a bit dumb and trying to make impossible shots and then draining a ball, which then another ball drains and the mode ends quickly.

                Either way.

                This table is bar none my favorite table in the entire game.. Also, I think you're right. Once you get both giveback lanes, then you activate the gauntlet saver. It stays there until you use it.... With that said, I make every bounceback available to me, even in multiball.... so I dunno.

                Comment


                • Managed to complete my Guide btw just over 4000 words, should help those you haven't got to grips with Infinity Gauntlet etc.
                  sigpic

                  Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                  PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                  *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                  Comment


                  • I was wondering why the guides are never posted in the forums as the community used to do, allowing for corrections and additions by the rest of the users.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rapierdwit View Post
                      I was wondering why the guides are never posted in the forums as the community used to do, allowing for corrections and additions by the rest of the users.
                      Well I write 'em out in word then convert them to PDF. It makes it easier if the viewer wants to Download or Print, doh this idea is interesting.
                      sigpic

                      Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                      PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                      Comment


                      • Like this table!!

                        Hey I just wanted to register and say that while the review I read said that this table was gimmicky I really like it. I really can't believe that this table is designed by the FF table as I loathe that one. (Hitting the Baxter building and the mission hole is too hard). Anyways, I was able to get #137 on the 360 version with 147m. Ok maybe I just came here to gloat, but looking at these other scores posted make me feel insecure! Ok ramblings aside, this is a great table, and I just wanted to say thanks!

                        Edit: I just want to also say the only thing I was missing on the table was Mephisto did I not get far enough or was the character not seen as important enough to put on the board somehow?
                        Last edited by Ferazel; 07-05-2012, 04:35 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Wizard mode scoring

                          What exactly effects the scoring in wizard mode if anything does? It seems like some jackpots will display in different ways than others. I have done the wizard mode a few times and it seems like the points available have been different. With the jackpots sometimes it will display a value over every ball and sometimes only on the ball that hit the jackpot I think. I need to go check YouTube I guess to see if someone has done a video.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BPestZ View Post
                            What exactly effects the scoring in wizard mode if anything does? It seems like some jackpots will display in different ways than others. I have done the wizard mode a few times and it seems like the points available have been different. With the jackpots sometimes it will display a value over every ball and sometimes only on the ball that hit the jackpot I think. I need to go check YouTube I guess to see if someone has done a video.
                            The scores are time related in the wizard mode. The quicker you are, the higher the points you get

                            Comment


                            • I wanted to thank and congratulate designer 'deep' for making such an awesome table, it's easily one of my favourites!
                              Keep up the good work!
                              PSN: DreamyElf

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Icaras View Post
                                I wanted to thank and congratulate designer 'deep' for making such an awesome table, it's easily one of my favourites!
                                Keep up the good work!
                                Thank you very much! I am so happy there are many of you like my tables
                                I appreciate it! My next table is going to be the most complex so far, I hope you will enjoy it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X