Leaderboard Replays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaderboard Replays

My favorite game is Galaga. On the Leaderboard for Galaga Legions DX you can watch replays of every game. This makes you a much better player. Imagine if we had this ability on Pinball FX2. Even if it was only the first 5 or 10 minutes of play of the top 10 players it would make you a better player just by watching a few of them. Personally I learn the most when I see something happen. I can watch someone play a song on guitar or piano and then sit down and play it back note for note. If I instead read the music it takes me a while to get it just right. I think a few replays would do a lot for the community as a whole and it wouldn't take too much work (or bandwidth) to implement. What do you think?

Yeh I would love to see this happen, perhaps only have the top 5 scores replays saved but still think this would take a heck of alot of work.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Although I think this is a great idea in theory, I can't see it being implemented to any great degree. Some of the high scorers on the forum have made mention of how certain games have lasted hours rather than minutes and although I love pinball, I don't want to watch someone else game for that length of time!

A lot of the skill that comes from pinball is learning how to keep the ball in play through ball and flipper control. Some tutorial videos on beginner, intermediate and advanced skills may be of more use here.

I've also found watching videos of how to make certain shots not particularly enlightening either (oasis shot in pasha) as although you may be aware of whereabouts on the flipper you want to hit the ball some shots are need to be taken so quickly that until you develop your own muscle memory or instinct for the shot you're still gonna keep missing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Satori View Post
        My favorite game is Galaga. On the Leaderboard for Galaga Legions DX you can watch replays of every game. This makes you a much better player. Imagine if we had this ability on Pinball FX2. Even if it was only the first 5 or 10 minutes of play of the top 10 players it would make you a better player just by watching a few of them. Personally I learn the most when I see something happen. I can watch someone play a song on guitar or piano and then sit down and play it back note for note. If I instead read the music it takes me a while to get it just right. I think a few replays would do a lot for the community as a whole and it wouldn't take too much work (or bandwidth) to implement. What do you think?
        I believe that this is something that can be better implemented with FX 3... that is to say if different game modes will be introduced. A good one for this purpose would be to play through and complete Wizard mode once. A high score leader-board can be set up for that, either for the score achieved or for how quickly you can do it. On a table such as Fantastic 4 you can reach and complete wizard mode in less that 15 minutes. I agree thus with Corpsesmith that having to sit through a full multi-hour game will amount to torture and will never happen. We should also not forget the great videos that have been produced for most of the Marvel tables by the PS3achievement members... they very much serve the purpose of illustrating how you go about playing the tables.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

I don't see why a multi-hour play through would be at all torturous to sit through. Simply add a fast forward, pause, and rewind function, as well as a "skip" function that allows you to fast forward through chunks of time. Even if only the highest score on any table is the one recorded, it would be awesome to the entire community to see how such a feet was accomplished.

Another idea they could implement, is something like the Vault that Call of Duty uses...allowing players to upload clips of their game play at their own discretion. You could instantaneously have one of the best video resources out there for people to illustrate how to go about various missions, or how to approach/attack a table.

I too agree it would be better suited for FX3 implementation. However, as long as you're going to build a new suite...make sure you get all the whistles and bells in there....because god knows FX4, if there's ever to be such a thing, won't come about for YEARS.

Comment

Working...
          X