No announcement yet.

Official Plants Vs. Zombies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn ...i was starting to feel stupid cause I couldn't figure out how to increase the multipliers. And now I discover they are bugged....ah ah ah! Nice table all the same, but I can't understand how players spot bugs in the first day of the release while the testing team misses them after a probably long period of control .

Inviato dal mio LG-E610 con Tapatalk 2
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

Well they are either not tested. Or tested by people not familiar with pinball.
      I think we are the testers. Same thing FarSight Studios does.
      http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
        Well... then they should not take months before they fix the bugs. Fantastic 4 is the best/worst example so far where the high scores will forever be marred by a bug.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Yeah, especially a HUGE bug like the multipliers. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Comment

Green ball

This table is really fun with it's multiball, but I really have an issue with the green tint on the balls. The balls don't appear to be rotating, and just slide across the surface. The balls just have an offset green tint highlight, which looks pretty bad. The color gradation is not smooth at all. Looks like they only used 3 different green colors from the palette to make the ball highlight.

Can Zen put a more glossy look to the balls, and also add some flaws to them, so we can see that they are actually rolling around? They appear to be sliding for me. other tables are just fine with their silver and other color balls. I have a 58" HDTV with extended color and have xbox set to the extended color range as well.
            PSN ID: mdh71

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
              Vegas, they are tested. You know that. We do a lot of testing in the studio, but with any game, we can't catch and fix every single one before release. It's just not possible especially since our team is still quite small.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                Vegas, they are tested. You know that. We do a lot of testing in the studio, but with any game, we can't catch and fix every single one before release. It's just not possible especially since our team is still quite small.
                This has been discussed so many times, especially when Fantastic 4 and Paranormal were both being released full of bugs. In general the quality of the tables with regards to bugs have improved tremendously. My concern, and I know many of the other players concern as well, is when certain major, game changing bugs, make it through to the final release. Recent examples are the Black Widow drain on Avengers and now the no multiplier bug on PvsZ. Both those bugs will have a big influence in scoring if they are ever fixed but at least unlike Fantastic 4, it will lead to improved scores. I think the big gripe is that these major bugs are usually picked up by the players on the forum often within the first day after release and then the feeling is that it could have been avoided especially as it takes months before any bug fixes are likely to be implemented.

My suggestion has always been to have a beta release to some of the top players on the forums who you know will be able to test the tables limits in a short time... not just for bugs but also for scoring balance. If it is done correctly there is no chance that the cat will be let out of the bag with regards to secrecy around a new release etc. If not this, please consider doing something else to avoid these costly bugs... it really leaves a bad taste in the mouth and completely destroy the potential enjoyment of a table that is otherwise top notch.
                Last edited by Cloda; 09-11-2012, 09:16 PM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Wizard Mode DEFEATED!!!

Time for some self gratification - Just did Wizard Mode twice in the same game.

BTW seems on the Wizard Mode that if you hit the Projectile with the same coloured Ball you will then have a 50-50 chance of it exploding the Ball, thus giving you the correct opposite Ball i.e you hit the Ice Projectile with the Ice Ball.... then the Ball explodes and the game shoots out a Fire Ball.
                  sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                  *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
                    This has been discussed so many times, especially when Fantastic 4 and Paranormal were both being released full of bugs. In general the quality of the tables with regards to bugs have improved tremendously. My concern, and I know many of the other players concern as well, is when certain major, game changing bugs, make it through to the final release. Recent examples are the Black Widow drain on Avengers and now the no multiplier bug on PvsZ. Both those bugs will have a big influence in scoring if they are ever fixed but at least unlike Fantastic 4, it will lead to improved scores. I think the big gripe is that these major bugs are usually picked up by the players on the forum often within the first day after release and then the feeling is that it could have been avoided especially as it takes months before any bug fixes are likely to be implemented.
                    I totally agree with everything Cloda has said. I don't know if a beta program is feasible but it is something that should be considered. Yes, I know the teams are small but companies do exist who bug test for a fee. HOWEVER, plenty of top players have said they would LOVE to do it for free. Zen should seriously consider taking them up on it in some way, shape or form.

Comment

@Cloda: What is the no multiplier bug? I know the multiplier can be raised as a random jack-in-the-box reward. Do you mean that there is no other way to raise the multiplier other than a random reward? I would say that is more poor design than a bug. Or do you mean something else?

@Shory: You should of read that guide I sent you. That technique was already in there ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                        @Cloda: What is the no multiplier bug? I know the multiplier can be raised as a random jack-in-the-box reward. Do you mean that there is no other way to raise the multiplier other than a random reward? I would say that is more poor design than a bug. Or do you mean something else?

@Shory: You should of read that guide I sent you. That technique was already in there ;-)
                        Once you have achieved the maximum of 5 extra balls per game, the multiplier stops increasing for the rest of the game. If extra balls weren't so easy to acquire it would not have been such an issue. I usually only get multipliers on my first ball, after that no more

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

So you can't collect the advance the multiplier reward from the jack-in-the-box after collecting the max 5 extra balls? Has this been confirmed? I may be wrong but the last PvZ game I played I thought I collected all 5 extra balls on my first ball. And then on my second ball raised the multipliers to x8 before draining that ball. I may have miscounted though. And I am on ZP2 not FX2 so I'm not sure if it is platform specific. I'll ask about this on the ZP2 PvZ thread and see if anyone can confirm this.

Comment

Yes it's confirmed. There is NO way you got 8x. Maybe the PS3 version isn't bugged, not sure. I only played that version a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                              I volunteer to play new and old tables for endless hours without work or kids. Will work for beer. Does a software engineering degree have any leverage?
                              Last edited by caper_26; 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM.
                              Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Comment

Yeah, big or small, whoever missed the multip[lier bug missed a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE bug. LMFAO.

Comment

Working...
                                X