Official Marvel Civil War Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    Choose Iron Man, build up your popularity by shooting the right sinkhole (there might be other ways), then collect popularity bonus with "direct hit." Did I guess correctly Cloda?
    Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
    Popularity is the key I think. Especially with the Multipliers at max. I've had an end ball bonus of 75m once.

Without risk? Hmm either he master that right sinkhole shot or I'm missing something. If it revolves around Spelling FUTURE and FREEDOM, then I still have to figure that out. In the meantime I'm still liking this table. I really don't want to stoop to exploiting something and then do the same think all the time. I would hate to play a table that has one goal and do the same thing all the time. Bride of Pinbot for TPA comes in mind. All it is hitting that left ramp over and over and over again, even when in Mutliball.
    Much simpler than this my friends , but you are thinking in the right direction I also don't like spamming, but this particular scoring opportunity is something that can help your score build even if you play normally. My normal strategy for any table before I actually start playing missions and modes is the following: kickbacks, extra ball and multipliers if they are not a big pain to get (e.g. SotD) or if the tables EOBB is a huge part of scoring (e.g. Captain America). So... focus on those intently and pay close attention to the scores you get per shot and you'll soon have a billion... if you don't mind spamming that is

Hi Barbie... I see you just about answered all the other questions posted in the last day or so... how about a bit of an answer on this important issue? I am serious when I am saying that this table has now been badly compromised in terms of scoring, especially when it comes to playing a tournament on it.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

The more I play the table the more I find similarities with Ms. Splosion Man and I like it. I guess its mostly the flow, positioning of some ramps and then also the "kicker combo" kind of action.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Originally posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
        Finally had a really good scoring game on this table. Here are few quicks tips I learned.

- Stealing popularity (this may be in rule sheet) plus maxing multipliers really improved my EOBB. To steal your foe's popularity hit the left sink hole to light both left/right kickback. The next time you hit the left sink hole enough times, you will steal your foe's popularity and add it to your own.
        I think you can only steal with Cap, since when I hit the Left Hole with Iron Man after getting both Kickbacks it gives me something like Base Score increase..?
        sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
        *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Finally got a second wizard mode and a third one. second one scores 4.5m max per jackpot 3rd score 6M max per jackpot. Each time you complete a wizard mode jackpot ramps up in values. Pretty cool.

Clodas suggestion helped as I focused on getting extra balls by maxing out the multipliers and by doing the 'Direct hit' option. With either hero when you get the direct hit, get the ball all the way to the top right flipper and shoot the invisible/flash ramp. Thor says something than it tells you that you need 2 more for extra ball.

I think I see what Cloda had mention. And I think it's 'Spammable' only if you perfect the shots. Still need to time it right etc. I didn't exploit it as I was really determined to get to a second 'Wizard' Mode.

Even though this table can be unforgiving with many of the shots, It's still one of the best that Zen has produced IMO. I love challenging table, and the intricacies of how each hero disables and gains heroes to their side.
          Last edited by tenorhero; 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

BarbieBobomb, is Zen aware of the big issue pointed out by Cloda ? Is it being addressed ? Thanks.

Quote :

"It is with sadness that I have to say that Zen has managed to turn a very reasonable and quite innovative table into a spamfest just by including a risk free spammable mode I stumbled across it in my second game while I was still figuring the basics out - how to activate the kickbacks, how to increase the multipliers and how to get an extra ball. Before I knew it I was scoring at 8.5million per combo and there is just about zero risk involved I'm not going to reveal exactly how it works (so that there is still a bit of a challenge for those that want to figure it out), but it has something to do with the basics I figured out . I scored a billion within the first hour or two on my second full game and at the moment I still haven't even figuring out how to effectively turn heroes to my side.

So... nice table in principle, even though it is a little bit short on variation in missions and modes, and it is still leaving me with a challenge to learn how to effectively play through wizard mode twice. Zen has tried to limit the scoring potential in other ways on the table e.g. it seems that you can score a maximum of only 3 extra balls total and multipliers are reduced to only 4 or 5X depending on who you play with but.... a big BUT; if a tournament is going to be held on this table, the scores are going to go into the mega billions and it will be won by the person who is willing to sit there and do the same thing over and over ad infinitum...

I would like to request from Zen to please seriously consider to close this spamming opportunity ASAP and then to reset the leaderboard before it becomes set in stone. The table has only been out for a couple of days so if you announce it now that the table will be fixed and reset but only implement it in a couple of weeks when you are able to, players will not have an excuse to complain about the leaderboard reset."

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
              BarbieBobomb, is Zen aware of the big issue pointed out by Cloda ? Is it being addressed ? Thanks.
              Of course. I send all of your reports to the team.

Comment

Maybe this is how the Zen team wants the table to play. I really don't see nothing wrong with some extra points. I think the table will still be a good challenge to most people, from taking a look at the leaderboards.
                http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                  Maybe this is how the Zen team wants the table to play. I really don't see nothing wrong with some extra points. I think the table will still be a good challenge to most people, from taking a look at the leaderboards.
                  I will be surprised if this is how they wanted it to play because the scoring on the rest of the table is very well thought out with the low max multipliers, only 3 extra balls and really nice scoring progression each time you complete wizard mode that will in theory encouraging people to play through to wizard mode as often as possible. As I have pointed out before this can all be bypassed by spamming certain shots and when it will come to a tournament, that will be the method that will be employed to build a super high score over many hours. There are many players willing to put in serious hours to get a high score so any relatively risk free mode that score a decent amount of points will be employed.

Thanks for the reply Barbie... I hope that the team will take this under serious consideration. But yeah... enough said from me on this. I rest my case

I'm still having huge fun with the table and am looking forward to have a few more sessions on it. My mission now is to beat my 1.2Bil that I scored with the spam mode through normal aiming-for-wizard-mode-completion gameplay. Maybe by the end I will know who all the superheroes are that I am trying to get on my side other than just using them as somewhat disposable pawns in a humongous power struggle.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and respectfully and humbly say that you are wrong this time Cloda. The series of combos eventually say "Godlike", and even in the rulesheet, it says, if you master this combo shot, which is very hard (hehe, I guess to some), you will be rewarded with millions. I think the scoring is the way it's supposed to be. Oh, how do you get the third extra ball? I always get the 2 through the multipliers/combo shots. Also, just got to 19 in the world, and I only have like 225 million. so yeah, there definitely is only a handful of people, as usual, who has mastered this table already. I haven't even made it to the wizard mode yet, it's not all that easy to everyone. Let's give some credit to Zen.
                    I would love to hear from the designer/s of this table, on this matter. I love hearing their insight, especially since it's rare.
                    Zen, please don't fiddle with the leaderboards for this table, the scoring system is designed perfectly.
                    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 11-28-2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and respectfully and humbly say that you are wrong this time Cloda. The series of combos eventually say "Godlike", and even in the rulesheet, it says, if you master this combo shot, which is very hard (hehe, I guess to some), you will be rewarded with millions. I think the scoring is the way it's supposed to be. Oh, how do you get the third extra ball? I always get the 2 through the multipliers/combo shots. Also, just got to 19 in the world, and I only have like 225 million. so yeah, there definitely is only a handful of people, as usual, who has mastered this table already. I haven't even made it to the wizard mode yet, it's not all that easy to everyone. Let's give some credit to Zen.
                      I would love to hear from the designer/s of this table, on this matter. I love hearing their insight, especially since it's rare.
                      Zen, please don't fiddle with the leaderboards for this table, the scoring system is designed perfectly.
                      Yeah... a 3 shot combo is not so easy to everyone, but a two shot combo is much easier and there is nothing "Godlike" about it

Each time I lose a ball I start the new ball off building my multipliers and getting that extra ball. The other way is Godlike combo but the multiplier extra ball is much easier.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Fair enough. But one of the msot fun things about pinball is racking up lots of points which makes you feel insanely good, setting off chemicals in your body.

Comment

WOW, talk about a table that SHOULD have a magna save implemented. Even though I rasie my score every day on this table, it goes down the middle so much that it has made me not like the table as much. Nearly a perfect table.

Comment

WOW, talk about a table that SHOULD have a magna save implemented. Even though I rasie my score every day on this table, it goes down the middle so much that it has made me not like the table as much. Nearly a perfect table.
                            Yeah the way that the ball on your weak shots tend to go SDTM nearly reminds me of a real pinball table. As they are designed to do just that. This table could be nearly perfect if it wasn't for the method that cloda had mentioned. It is really that easy. Other than that, it's a great table.

Comment

I'm not real sure what I think of this table since the time limit on the demo is really short. It feels like the PvsZ demo let you play like three times as long.

I guess at least it lets you finish up the ball you have in play sans any score, still, it would be nice to let you play long enough to get a mission started or something.

Comment

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                                This table could be nearly perfect if it wasn't for the method that cloda had mentioned. It is really that easy. Other than that, it's a great table.
                                +1, I just tried playing it a minute ago and it's like what's the point, I really don't want to sit there for hours doing that method, its overwhelming and sad that that's the way to get the biggest score, basically.

Comment

Working...
                                X