Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkKodiaK
    replied
    So after giving this table a bit of a run.

I find it to be very balanced between risk/reward for the shots. Everything seems to be timed pretty tightly in order to gain allies and such. Also have to be pretty accurate for the fight mini game mode. Most of the drains i've experience have been from very fast ramp play, and a crappy bounce I just simply cant react to. Not that many outlane drains... some straight down the middle. Overall, not too bad in those regards.

So far this table seems to be pretty damn fun. I'm loving the flow to it, it seems to be VERY fast. In fact, I'm thinking about adjusting the upper flippers (mid upper right flipper mainly). Reminds me of the Hulk table with that flipper. Maybe the accuracy will be better if it was lowered.

But my main question is this: Is there a score limit to the Stamford Multiball that starts the game? So far mine is over 6 million. Just seems to me that the start to the game can be kinda abused to get a damn good quick score to start the main game.

As other people have said previously in this thread. I absolutely do find the Iron Man side much easier to get allies/missions compared to captian america. With that said, getting the punisher bonus on the CA side is pretty damn sweet, and it DOES come in VERY handy during a mission when it's available.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    .... the table layout changed a bit for Civil War since those scans from GI.

Hey guys, been a long time since I posted. Boss took away our privilege to bring our laptops to work...

.... just wanted to shoot off a quick thank you. I was very concerned about the whole Stamford Multiball thing. The tragic events that kicked off the SRA, and the eventual civil war, may not have been the first time a catastrophe happened in the Marvel-verse, but it was characterized as being one of the most traumatic things to ever happen; heralding unprecedented backlash from the entirety of America. I was deeply worried about a "Yippee!! Multiball!!" feel to the Stamford incident. Not only did you treat it with respect, you include a brief moment of silence between the multi and the rest of the game.

Also, you mention Stark's "war-profiteering" (the bastich) at least once. You can really tell the story was taken into consideration. As a marvel fan I really appreciated this.
    Aww thanks The first time I played it, I definitely felt the gravity of the situation. I'm glad people are able to see the story elements clearly, wenwanted people to understand a plot, rather than just a character or two.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Nation
    replied
    Originally posted by brighton rock View Post
    oh, I remember scans of that article being posted. I guess I didn't realize there were pics of the Dr. Strange table within.

Anyway, I can't wait. I was a pretty big fan back in the early '80s. Both of his solo adventures and as the head of the Defenders.
    Sorry to double post, didn't see this until afterwards...

I highly recommend most Marvel titles from the 80's... this was the best era for comics. They finally started getting away from the paradigm set up in the sixties/seventies of "villain of the month gets defeated!". The art was geared to tell the story, not showcase "boobs and violence" which were the hallmarks of the mid-late nineties on into the present. While things are more colorful and vibrant now that comics have moved to "slicks" (type of paper), I continue to collect and read from thislost era of comic greatness.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Nation
    replied
    A Thank You for the Silence.

.... the table layout changed a bit for Civil War since those scans from GI.

Hey guys, been a long time since I posted. Boss took away our privilege to bring our laptops to work...

.... just wanted to shoot off a quick thank you. I was very concerned about the whole Stamford Multiball thing. The tragic events that kicked off the SRA, and the eventual civil war, may not have been the first time a catastrophe happened in the Marvel-verse, but it was characterized as being one of the most traumatic things to ever happen; heralding unprecedented backlash from the entirety of America. I was deeply worried about a "Yippee!! Multiball!!" feel to the Stamford incident. Not only did you treat it with respect, you include a brief moment of silence between the multi and the rest of the game.

Also, you mention Stark's "war-profiteering" (the bastich) at least once. You can really tell the story was taken into consideration. As a marvel fan I really appreciated this.

Leave a comment:

• brighton rock
    replied
    oh, I remember scans of that article being posted. I guess I didn't realize there were pics of the Dr. Strange table within.

Anyway, I can't wait. I was a pretty big fan back in the early '80s. Both of his solo adventures and as the head of the Defenders.

Leave a comment:

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
    replied
    They also had pictures of a completed table.

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    So there's going to be a Doctor Strange table?? Very awesome. I never knew it moved past the rumor stage.
    It was never a rumor, but an actual confirmation from Game Informer. There was an article on The Avengers Chronicles pack in the April 2012 issue and it noted that Civil War and Doctor Strange tables were also in development.

Leave a comment:

• brighton rock
    replied
    So there's going to be a Doctor Strange table?? Very awesome. I never knew it moved past the rumor stage.

As for the merc with the mouth, a Deadpool table could be a blast, it would take the concept of the hero talking to the player (like Warlock in IG) to the next level. And of course, I'm still holding for a Daredevil table.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Dr.Strange should be released any time now.

Leave a comment:

• Rafie
    replied
    Well, there are a lot of new faces that I hope do get their own table and their own opportunity to shine (Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, etc) without all the clutter
    Don't forget the "Merc with the mouth" here!

Leave a comment:

• brighton rock
    replied
    Well, there are a lot of new faces that I hope do get their own table and their own opportunity to shine (Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, etc) without all the clutter

Leave a comment:

replied
    I love how you can play each new game with a different character, and then they have their own unique things going on in the table. This was an AWESOME idea. I hope we see more of that kind of stuff in the future.

Leave a comment:

• brighton rock
    replied
    Okay, I just bucked up for the table, and while I think it's enjoyable, I also think it takes the multiple hero table pretty much as far as it can go. I hope from here on out we go back to singular hero tables.

While the team-up (and against) tables are novel, they're also a bit of a mess, thematically speaking. And from that standpoint, I enjoy the single hero tables a lot more.

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Nice info guys, yeh haven't had much time writing up the Guide due to all the Christmas stuff im doing at home... yep I know its early but I like to do things early lol.

I think il set up the Guide something like this -

- Cap/IM Mechanics & Modes etc.

- Cap Mechanics & Modes etc.

- IM Mechanices & Modes etc.

- Wedding Party Wizard Mode

Leave a comment:

• tenorhero
    replied
    Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Is the Punisher ramp used for anything besdies skillshots?
    Punisher Ramp? you mean the target? Well From what I see is that when you hit the safe house targets as CA multiple times it opens up the sinkhole like Iron Man. Get the ball into that sinkhole lights the punisher target. Hitting the Punisher target nets you a ball save. Also you can use the punisher target to win a phase in fight mode or a phase in the mode after you get the ball into the whirlpool after the drop down targets.

If you are having difficulty with the Whirlpool shot in fight mode or the 'fight' lane in the other mode, then it might be easier target
    Otherwise I didn't find anything else really useful for that shot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X