Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lasvegaspinballhalloffame
    Pinball Wizard
    • Sep 2011

Yes, the mroe tables the better. I love having such a big variety. It'll be nice to one day have a hundred to choose from,hhhhmmmmm.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

• X DrLobo
      Pinball Wizard
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
      Sure aint the same without you m8, glad to see your happy that its coming.. considering how much these Tables were begged for.
      I sure begged since i saw tesla in the w8 first keynote about the store and metro ui... anyway my gaming time has reduced to thin air due to buying a house, having a son and there are so many games to play i don't even know where to start and i never finish any of them :/

Anyway not coming here so often is very good since everytime i come i have surprises, last time it was the civil war table, now the zen classic pack ....

See you in a few weeks

Comment

• Nekro Neko
        • Oct 2010

They're here! 119.2 MB of goodness

Comment

• X DrLobo
          Pinball Wizard
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nekro Neko
          They're here! 119.2 MB of goodness
          shhhhhhh..... you're going to upset the ps3 crowd ......

Comment

• Lepruk86
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PSKay
            I think we have too many tables at this point, lol. I just don't have the inclination to play so many different tables. I have other games to play. Still, good news for all those that have been waiting on these. I'll pick them up but probably not immediately as I haven't even played Civil War that much yet. It's almost overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing.
            I actually know what you mean...

There was an experiment done a few years a go with jelly beans (I think it was). Basically, they timed how long it took people to decide which flavour they wanted based on the selection.

The results basically were that the more variety of flavours that were introduced, the more time people spent deciding.

It's annoying as I can't find the source for this now, I remember doing it in Psychology years a go and google is failing me atm.

But anyway, same logic applies. Often I load up and have no idea what table to play just because of the selection. Though once I get into a table I tend to keep at that one for several sessions.

Comment

• wims
              • Apr 2011

Thank you Zen for all what you've done, that's a great new for XB gamers.
              French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

• s-carnegie
                • Aug 2011

Great news, have them on ZP2 and dont have xbox but you guys will like the 4 tables. Ive been going back to Elderado alot latley.

Comment

• Cloda
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lepruk86

There was an experiment done a few years a go with jelly beans (I think it was). Basically, they timed how long it took people to decide which flavour they wanted based on the selection.

The results basically were that the more variety of flavours that were introduced, the more time people spent deciding.

It's annoying as I can't find the source for this now, I remember doing it in Psychology years a go and google is failing me atm.

But anyway, same logic applies. Often I load up and have no idea what table to play just because of the selection. Though once I get into a table I tend to keep at that one for several sessions.
                  I guess this is an indication of how much I have been playing this game that I always know which table I am going to play as I start up the game. A lot of the tables I have basically completed in terms of what I want to achieve or score on it and as such I won't easily go back to it. At the moment there is only two tables - Earth Defence and Excalibur - (apart from the new Zen tables) that I am playing. I have set some specific limits on a table as my goals (e.g. 1 Bil for the new tables) so that I rather spend quality time playing the game rather than quantity and this has allowed me to now play other games as well where previously I was just playing FX 2.
                  XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Nekro Neko
                    • Oct 2010

First impressions

V12: Better than Speed Machine, but of the four in this pack, seems to be the weakest, I'm okay with the theme though.
                    El Dorado: Balls last for ages, I had one game and that lasted 1 hour. Plenty of missions and the theme is great, enjoy the music in the background too.
                    Shamen: Fun little table, though seems quite difficult to score at first. Probably my second favourite in the pack.
                    Tesla: Last one I tried because I heard so much about it, and must say I quite enjoyed it, the theme is strong in this one. Steam-punk design has been very well realised with spinning mechanisms, steam, sound effects and the like. Scoring is pretty harsh. Oh, and magnets, lots of magnets.

Achievements are all too easy, but meh, not the main reason to play this game now is it?

Comment

• Vincent
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Sep 2010

My... !!!! I just saw the thread... Let's JUMP to my 360, see you everyone !

And Zen... I LOVE YOU !!!

Comment

• Vincent
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Solitude
                        People complain when we don't release these tables on Xbox 360...then people complain when we do.
                        But there are not the same people. Most XBOX players have been asking for this for a very long time. I am sure you can't even count the number of times you had to answer us on that subject lol... ! Today is a great day. Now when we look back, we realize how much has been done...

I don't know who got the idea to "make the surprise", but this is an incredibly nice "small attention" showing that you care about us, you really wanted to please us and that however doesn't surprise me at all. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas surprise from a team of programmers. Clearly, the link between you and your fans is very special. I'm not about to forget this.
                        Last edited by Vincent; 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Solitude
                          KickBeaten Down
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Lepruk86

The tyranny of choice! We're designing some features into the next game to alleviate this.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Vincent
                            But there are not the same people. Most XBOX players have been asking for this for a very long time. I am sure you can't even count the number of times you had to answer us on that subject lol... ! Today is a great day. Now when we look back, we realize how much have been done...

I don't know who got the idea to "make the surprise", but this is an incredibly nice "small attention" showing that you care about us, you really wanted to please us and that however doesn't surprise me at all. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas surprise from a team of programmers. Clearly, the link between you and your fans is very special. I'm not about to forget this.
                            Thanks, Vincent. I'd like to think this is a step toward being able to give fans more of what they request regardless of the console--even if it did take us a while.

Comment

• Lepruk86
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Solitude
                              The tyranny of choice! We're designing some features into the next game to alleviate this.
                              Oh quoted by the man himself.... I feel honoured!!! xD

Just want to remark that my statement was not meant as a complaint of any kind (in case it was taken that way), more just an observation... .

As I said earlier in the post this is a fantastic bundle to release for us fans.

Also, nice tease about the future there Solitude... Are you building a machine that allows us to play every table at the same time and yet not decline in skill?... Hmm? HMMM? I think we have cracked your secret ways... HaHa!

@Cloda

I have played a fair amount of time as well, but I am not great at the game, merely good. I have completed all of the easier tables, but all of the harder ones I can generally reach the wizard mode, but not beat it. I think I play too inconsistently to ever be truly epic at the game though. Like, I'll play it for a couple of weeks every day then a couple of weeks without etc etc.

OFF-TOPIC:

I think the interview went well, I shall report the results asap. Thanks for the well-wishing Barbie.
                              Last edited by Lepruk86; 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• tenorhero
                                • Mar 2012

Have fun guys! I think you will like Tesla and El Dorado.

Shaman is good too. The scoring can be tough and starting missions will probably be the toughest part because in order to light up the element of choice you have to sink a ball into one of the Sinkholes on the left or right and shoot the ball up the clear ramp. It's timed as well I think you have 10 seconds to hit it up the clear ramp. Keep the ball up there to spell element, then pick you element and spell cast by hitting the sinkhole in the upper part of the lower play-field.

Now if only your tables would come over to our side. Sigh.......

Comment

Working...