No announcement yet.

Offline mode for Win8 version....when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline mode for Win8 version....when?

Hey guys,

I've been looking through the threads, seeing a couple similar questions come up, but not seeing an answer (maybe I'm missing it):

When is the offline mode going to be available?!?!? You have an ETA?

Seems to me like the kind of no-brainer thing that should've been in from the get-go...but I'm holding off on buying any more tables until offline's available. I travel a TON and need my pinball fix....sooooo....please update, ASAP!

Cheers!

-Darren
    I'm HP's Blogger-in-Chief. I'm also a writer of nerdly words, imbiber of things & player of games. I also have a kid. (God help him.)

Current desktop: HP ENVY Phoenix h9 Gaming rig
    Current laptop: HP ENVY x2 hybrid PC
    Current phone: rotary

Darren Gladstone
    @gizmogladstone

Originally posted by gizmogladstone View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been looking through the threads, seeing a couple similar questions come up, but not seeing an answer (maybe I'm missing it):

When is the offline mode going to be available?!?!? You have an ETA?

Seems to me like the kind of no-brainer thing that should've been in from the get-go...but I'm holding off on buying any more tables until offline's available. I travel a TON and need my pinball fix....sooooo....please update, ASAP!

Cheers!

-Darren
    No ETA as of now, but we are planning on patching it in at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmogladstone View Post
      Hey guys,

Seems to me like the kind of no-brainer thing that should've been in from the get-go...but I'm holding off on buying any more tables until offline's available. I travel a TON and need my pinball fix....sooooo....please update, ASAP

-Darren
      Adding a lame 'me too' to Darren's post. I bought two tables and they are excellent, but I bought to have something to do while disconnected from the net while on my Surface. Never dreamed I would have to have an internet connection to play pinball. I'd happily buy more tables if I knew I could play them any time.

--Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ccrawford View Post
        Adding a lame 'me too' to Darren's post. I bought two tables and they are excellent, but I bought to have something to do while disconnected from the net while on my Surface. Never dreamed I would have to have an internet connection to play pinball. I'd happily buy more tables if I knew I could play them any time.

--Chris
        We're working on making offline play available!

Comment

Waiting

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
          We're working on making offline play available!
          That's fine and hopefully true. Got a similar answer last year (something about a greater update as far as I remember). Waiting !

Comment

Originally posted by uh340 View Post
            That's fine and hopefully true. Got a similar answer last year (something about a greater update as far as I remember). Waiting !
            Of course it's true! Why would I lie about it? If it wasn't on our to do list I would have said so

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
              Of course it's true! Why would I lie about it? If it wasn't on our to do list I would have said so
              I'm just waiting for you to say, "whenever we feel like it" for these "when is it coming out" questions.

Comment

Having the same issue with the Star Wars tables on Win 8 Surface Pro

Like another poster stated earlier, the ability for offline play should be a "no-brainer". It is not fair for those that want to use their Win 8 devices in areas where there is no network connectivity & cannot play the games that you paid for because of it. This needs to be taken care of ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Burning Kenshin View Post
                  Like another poster stated earlier, the ability for offline play should be a "no-brainer". It is not fair for those that want to use their Win 8 devices in areas where there is no network connectivity & cannot play the games that you paid for because of it. This needs to be taken care of ASAP.
                  They only know how to say 'in a few days' or 'it will come soon', meanwhile we, the players who paid for the game, continue waiting and being not able to play OUR game (which we paid, remember) elsewhere. If I go to visit to my grandparents, whose home has no internet, I can't play the tables I bought. I call it 'Videogaming Dictatorship' or as we say here in Spain 'Armed-Hand's Theft'.
                  Last edited by armandotrom; 03-04-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I am able to play offline on Windows 8

I am able to play paid tables offline by disabling my network adapter then launching the game (windows 8 desktop pc)

Comment

Originally posted by jujohnso View Post
                      I am able to play paid tables offline by disabling my network adapter then launching the game (windows 8 desktop pc)
                      Ok, tell us how did you do that!!!!! It doesn't work for me (I turn off network adapter and the only thing I can play is 20 $3's demos each one)

Comment

Originally posted by armandotrom View Post
                        Ok, tell us how did you do that!!!!! It doesn't work for me (I turn off network adapter and the only thing I can play is 20 $3's demos each one)
                        He might be referring to playing Mars, rather than the DLC.

Comment

I really am able to play the DLC tables offline for some reason.

No, I am not just talking about playing Mars offline. I mean it really lets me play all of my tables offline. I went offline just now and did it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I played a full game of Spiderman and scored 12.2M points.

My windows 8 pc uses wifi to connect. I usually disconnect from the internet by disabling the wifi connection in the network center in control panel. I just tried it by disabling the adapter in device manager. That works for me as well. I am making sure to fully close out of the game before trying to play online, and it really does work for me.

The only speculation I have as to why I can play the DLC tables offline is maybe because I have other "Games For Windows Live" games on the desktop side of the OS. The GFWL client downloaded my profile to my machine the first time I played one of those titles. (Some of them have an option to locally download your profile so you can play them and save progress offline.) Since the login info is the same for GFWL and Xbox games for windows, maybe this is why I can play the tables offline.

Do you have any GFWL desktop games you can try this with? Good luck!

Comment

I can confirm that. Once I read jujohnso's comment I installed my Fallout 3, downloaded my xbox profile and now i'm able to play paid tables offline, the ones i've bought of course.
                            Thanks jujohnso!

Please Zen do not remove this feature!

Comment

I will have to install my GTA4 again so
                              This should be communicated to the players officially (in the forum or in windows store in the product´s description, for example) and I think this action will preserve us to have headaches with f****** DRM.
                              Last edited by Solitude; 03-19-2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X