Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Pinball Pack coming This February !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E113 View Post
    Come on Zen, do the right thing here. Even if Star Wars Pinball has to be pushed back to make it possible, please release it as a stand-alone platform.

Honestly, do you really think they are going to change their plans a few weeks before release while everything is ready, just because someone suggested them to do so on the forum ?

Besides, what's going on with all this achievement obsession, achievements here, achievements there, achievements everywhere ? Why do they even exist ? I don't care about achievements, I barely look at them, and the only thing they do is that they disturb me when I'm playing a table and they suddenly pop up towards me...
    Last edited by Vincent; 02-11-2013, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
      Honestly, do you really they are going to change their plans a few weeks before release while everything is ready, just because someone suggested them to do so on the forum ?

Besides, what's going on with all this achievement obsession, achievements here, achievements there, achievements everywhere ? Why do they even exist ? I don't care about achievements, I barely look at them, and the only thing they do is that they disturb me when I'm playing a table and they suddenly pop up towards me...

There are many players that love achievement/trophies. It sort of gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
        There are many players that love achievement/trophies. It sort of gives you a sense of accomplishment.
        I don't see them as giving me a sense of accomplishment. However, they do give me some additional objectives/goals to focus on (ie more replay value).

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
          I don't see them as giving me a sense of accomplishment. However, they do give me some additional objectives/goals to focus on (ie more replay value).

That's what I initially wanted to say but sometimes I can't express myself correctly.

Comment

As someone who has all 94 Achievements I got to say its nice to have something to strive for, I mean the Achievements can be seen as something that shows your mates hey looks I beat Ultimo on Iron Man in a week etc. Achievements and Leaderboards kinda work out the same as they both showcase ones ability etc.

I know some games have easy Achievements which kinda make those Achievements dry for me, but certain Games like PFX2 and ZP2 (Trophies) have Achievements/Trophies that require you to truely surpass your skill level to attain them.

Although dont get me wrong if Pinball has no achievements I would still play the heck out of it
            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

This is amazing news...here I was waiting around for Star Trek the Next Generation to finally come to Pinball Arcade on Xbox Live and then I see this news...you guys just continually impress.

Comment

I wasn't trying to start a war between achievement whores and casual gamers. I was simply expressing my concerns about how the Star Wars tables are being packaged.

As tenorhero said: There are many players that love achievements/trophies. And I'm sure a lot of them feel the same way I do, but just didn't voice it.

I'm upset that I won't get as much replay out of them as I did the older tables. It doesn't mean I won't love them anyway and play them for pure fun. I love Star Wars and pinball alike. I just love achievements too.
                Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
                Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
                Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
                IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Comment

But game goals always existed, we didn't wait for modern consoles and so-called "achievements" to have that, except that they used to be "included" in games, at those beautiful times when games were true complete games, of course. In Mario World you wanted to get the blue "96" perfect score, in Zelda the 24 Heart Pieces, then in Donkey Kong Country you would try to get 101 %, in Goldeneye it was the cheats, in Blast Corps the Platinum medals, in Diddy Kong Racing the Developers' Times, and so on (yeah i'm a former Nintendo / Rare fan, is it that obvious ? lol...)

Comment

Achievements for Star Wars tables

Here are the achievements for the 3 pack Star Wars tables for PBFX 2:

Clone Training 50
                    Complete the clone training by Capturing the Citadel on the Clone Wars table! (single-player only).

Somewhat Indigestible 50
                    Earn maximum respect, and escape from the Sarlacc on the Boba Fett table! (Single player only)

Art of the lightsaber 50
                    Finish a Training mode successfully on the Star Wars Episode V table (Single player only)
                    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                    Gamertag- RAFIE82
                    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Thanks for that Rafie.
                      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                        Thanks for that Rafie.
                        No prob, Steve!
                        PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                        Gamertag- RAFIE82
                        YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                        Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Question: Do we know the price of this pack? Is it likely to be 600msp?

Comment

Originally posted by Nekro Neko View Post
                            Question: Do we know the price of this pack? Is it likely to be 600msp?
                            More info will be released soon. We are guessing it'll be the normal $9.99, even though it's only 3 tables, considering it's Star Wars, but who knows.

Comment

The achievement list is out:

Clone Training (50G) Complete the clone training by Capturing the Citadel on the Clone Wars table! (single-player only). Somewhat Indigestible (50G) Earn maximum respect, and escape from the Sarlacc on the Boba Fett table! (Single player only)
                              Art of the Lightsaber (50G) Finish a Training mode successfully on the Star Wars Episode V table (Single player only)

Comment

Originally posted by Decade360 View Post
                                The achievement list is out:

Clone Training (50G) Complete the clone training by Capturing the Citadel on the Clone Wars table! (single-player only). Somewhat Indigestible (50G) Earn maximum respect, and escape from the Sarlacc on the Boba Fett table! (Single player only)
                                Art of the Lightsaber (50G) Finish a Training mode successfully on the Star Wars Episode V table (Single player only)
                                A bit cheeky that the tables are unavailable to download for another 2 weeks 26th of FEB yet the achievements are already on.

Comment

Working...
                                X