Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Pinball Pack coming This February !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Decade360 View Post
    The achievement list is out:

Clone Training (50G) Complete the clone training by Capturing the Citadel on the Clone Wars table! (single-player only). Somewhat Indigestible (50G) Earn maximum respect, and escape from the Sarlacc on the Boba Fett table! (Single player only)
    Art of the Lightsaber (50G) Finish a Training mode successfully on the Star Wars Episode V table (Single player only)
    Rafie beat you 5 posts above

Comment

My bad. With eyesight like that, is it any wonder my pinball scores suck?

Comment

Originally posted by Decade360 View Post
        My bad. With eyesight like that, is it any wonder my pinball scores suck?
        You tried to steal my credit. HAHA I'm joking. It's all good. Keep practicing. Doing missions and beating them scores big points. Completing wizard modes scores even bigger.
        PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
        Gamertag- RAFIE82
        YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
        Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by And33y View Post
          A bit cheeky that the tables are unavailable to download for another 2 weeks 26th of FEB yet the achievements are already on.
          They're usually set up this way.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
            They're usually set up this way.
            I find it odd and a little bit annoying an update is added to FX2 when those achievements are placed, prior to that update they are not there. Only logically if an update is added why not the entire DLC itself?

My only concren is because of this type marketing as a whole as stung me and alot of others. When I purchased my brand new XBOX mid 2010 it came with the demo of FX. I enjoyed FX and DLC purchased the game. Only I will never be able to complete FX because it is no longer supported. The additional DLC for the extra tables are no longer available, when using additonal content it upgrades to FX2. The same has happened with my sister who bought her XBOX 2012 last year, again this came with the Demo of FX. If FX is no longer support why is that game being sold as a demo on brand new XBOX's alongside other arcade games and demo's pre-installed on the hard disk?

This is my concern if something isn't available then don't added content in the form of achievements until that DLC is available please. If a product is no longer supported please upgrade that content to an existing product that is.
            Last edited by And33y; 02-16-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

The achievements/trophies showing up before dlc is available for purchase isnt because of zen. Its on Microsoft/Sony's end. Its always been like that, at least on ps3, for ALL games with dlc, not just zen. The trophies always show up 2 weeks or so before dlc is available for purchase. I have no idea why or what the reasoning is...that's just the way it is and always (far a I can remember) has been for all games with dlc. As far as your situation with the preloaded pfx1i don't know about that. But I highly doubt zen puts that in new Xbox packages. Perhaps your sister bought an Xbox that was sitting on a shelf for some time, who knows.

One last thing.....how do you some of you guys not get a sense of accomplishment from some of these trophies? Is there not goals set forth to do on these tables, some being extremely difficult to do? Is performing these goals and beating wizard modes and earning said trophies NOT accomplishing them by the rules and parameters set forth by the devs to "beat" these tables? I get a great sense of accomplishment and gratifaction from obtaining the wizard mode trophies that i have so far. They are some of the hardest trophies to obtain across all platform's and throughout the entire library of video games available.

@ Vincent.....but that's exactly why there are trophies/achievements now. Back then, in order to show you did those things, your buddies had to come over & see you load the game up & see it first hand. Or you took a 35mm or a polaroid screenshot of the end game pic (lol remember those endings?) Well now that everything's online, you can just load up your buddies profile to see what he has or hasn't done in a game.
              Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-17-2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
                @ Vincent.....but that's exactly why there are trophies/achievements now. Back then, in order to show you did those things, your buddies had to come over & see you load the game up & see it first hand. Or you took a 35mm or a polaroid screenshot of the end game pic (lol remember those endings?) Well now that everything's online, you can just load up your buddies profile to see what he has or hasn't done in a game.

To be honest I never particularly felt the need to show my accomplishments to my buddies, all I wanted was to have a perfect save on the title screen and I was happy. I understand you could say the same for achievements, but I think everything should be "in-game" and not linked to the whole Xbox Live system. Programmers should be able to do whatever they want in their own games, don't you agree ? It's completely stupid that now we can't get more than 1 "achievement" per table ! The truth is, with this system, they are not free at all, so it's very far from being an improvement in the story of video games, but I rather think it's a large regression : back in the Super Nes times there were no such limitations

Let's take Mario Kart trophies. We could get three little ones for Mushroom Cup, Flower Cup and Star Cup on 50cc, 4 big ones in 100cc with the additional Special Cup and 4 Golden Mario heads in 150cc, making a total of 11 cups to win.

In Yoshi's Island, you obtained one golden star on the title screen for each extra level 100% completed, so at the end you could have 6 stars, and don't tell me that was a piece of cake, because that wasn't !

Same goes for N64. In Blast Corps you had to get 78 platinum medals and there were 31 grades that you obtained throughout the game and that would reward your progression step by step.

In F-Zero X you had to win Jack Cup, Queen Cup, King Cup and Joker Cup at each difficulty level (beginner, standard, expert, master) which makes a total of 15 cups to get (not 16 because Joker Cup was not available in beginner mode), and the trophies appeared on the vehicle selection screen for each vehicle, making a total of 15 x 30 = 450 "achievements" !

Of course some games still use their own system in addition to achievements, and that is a good thing : in Braid, the special stars appear in the sky as you collect them, and in Trials HD the medal system is quite nice.

So yes I always wanted to complete games at 100% and I never needed any special additional "reward" when I did, and it always worked pretty well even before those new online stuffs came out. But nowadays marketing people are so smart that they keep making people regard as new and better features things that are actually very old and have been working at least as efficiently for a long time. Microsoft did exactly the same with MSN Messenger, making teenagers believe it was incredibly new and awesome, while ICQ was 100 times better before Microsoft killed them by including their crappy software in their OS.

Comment

If Zen were allowed to use those 50 points how they wanted then I'm sure they would have more than 3 goals per table, but that isn't the case, there is a limit (I would presume this is for consistency, not to limit achievements).

Yes, I remember the "good" ol days, but things move on and I find it's nice to have a trophy cabinet that I can actually look back on or show off if that was how I was inclined.

As for ICQ, sure they were the first internet wide messaging service, doesn't mean they did it the best. One screaming issue was having a number (ya know, like them old phone thingymajigaries) rather than a handle when you wanted to add a new contact. Nintendo made this same error with Friend-codes, basically living in the past trying to fix problems in the future I guess.

Anyway, it's the social era on the internet, it may pass, it probably won't.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
                    The achievements/trophies showing up before dlc is available for purchase isnt because of zen. Its on Microsoft/Sony's end. Its always been like that, at least on ps3, for ALL games with dlc, not just zen. The trophies always show up 2 weeks or so before dlc is available for purchase. I have no idea why or what the reasoning is...that's just the way it is and always (far a I can remember) has been for all games with dlc. As far as your situation with the preloaded pfx1i don't know about that. But I highly doubt zen puts that in new Xbox packages. Perhaps your sister bought an Xbox that was sitting on a shelf for some time, who knows.
                    The update should come out the same times as the dlc, because it simply means updating twice. Nonsense saying the achieves are added first there are plenty of games where both update and achieve correspond together and are DLC at the same time.

My sister bought the same XBOX as me satin black 250GB, on it hard disk it had Hex full game and pinball FX demo, on her new XBOX she also had another full Arcade game. She bought this XBOX last year 2012 it came with a full warranty.

If after phoning XBOX they say it is ZEN fault, speak to ZEN, who say its Live fault. This error with FX swings both ways. Whatever the issue it is a problem. While I agree it is LIVE to blame because they no longer support FX and took years getting rid of it from their Arcade although not from XBOX. I believe the fault is on both sides only nobody whats to admit it. It would be nice on a game I can still fully source on the net, to have an option to get the other tables from a DLC as this game is unable to be completed at present like this. Or maybe an option to rid myself of those achieve so it can show as complete.

There are plenty of issue with ZEN though. A main example being doesn't anyone speak english at ZEN? When creating a logo and it reading on the start up screen 2007-2010. Why if it is out of date are new tables are being made? Achievements before tables are released yet they they cannot update a simple spelling mistake.
                    Last edited by And33y; 02-17-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

@Nekro Nekro , has nothing to do with Pinball, but is that your female Cat in your Gameprofile ?
                      have one aswell, she often lies beside me when i play Zenpinball & listens to the Noises...

Comment

The update should come out the same times as the dlc, because it simply means updating twice. Nonsense saying the achieves are added first there are plenty of games where both update and achieve correspond together and are DLC at the same time.
                        That's not how it works. You can complain all you want, but it's out of Zen's hands. All Zen does is submit the update and pay the certification fee. Microsoft and Sony handle the rest and will post the update when they feel like it. Many times it's two weeks in advance and other times it's only a couple days in advance.

There are plenty of issue with ZEN though. A main example being doesn't anyone speak english at ZEN?
                        Some of them do. Zsolt (the owner) and Deep (a table designer) speak fluent English, while some of the other table designers don't.

When creating a logo and it reading on the start up screen 2007-2010. Why if it is out of date are new tables are being made? Achievements before tables are released yet they they cannot update a simple spelling mistake.
                        That's the copyright/trademark year. Pinball FX2 released out in 2010, while PFX1 came out in 2007. They place both years down because of the Pinball FX name. The copyright/trademark is only listed for the main program itself. They don't update it every time a new piece of DLC releases. There's really no need to update it, since a copyright/trademark lasts for a very long time (many many years). The only time a copyright/trademark needs to be updated (by law) is when a new installment is released. Since, the tables are being released in an existing program, the copyright/trademark info doesn't need to be updated.

Comment

If after phoning XBOX they say it is ZEN fault, speak to ZEN, who say its Live fault. This error with FX swings both ways. Whatever the issue it is a problem. While I agree it is LIVE to blame because they no longer support FX and took years getting rid of it from their Arcade although not from XBOX. I believe the fault is on both sides only nobody whats to admit it. It would be nice on a game I can still fully source on the net, to have an option to get the other tables from a DLC as this game is unable to be completed at present like this. Or maybe an option to rid myself of those achieve so it can show as complete.
                          While i can agree with you about about support for pfx1 or zp1, im going to have to respectfully disagree about the trophies before dlc as nonsense. That in fact is the way it is. And it doesnt need two updates. Recent example: pinball arcade & the 3 newest tables. All three tables new trophies showed up in the menu WITHOUT AN UPDATE. The trophies for dlc always show up in our xmb before dlc is released, they always have. No game i have with dlc did an update to show the trophies, they just show up in our lists. And believe me, trophy hunters everywhere have always complained about it because it ruins their 100% and half of them dont buy the dlc, dont update a game after they obtain the plat, and their list still shows the unearned dlc trophies. The trophies are put in a game list through the servers, whether or not the game in your system is updated to unlock the trophies or not.

Again, i dont know about the pfx1 situation, and i would be upset as well if i bought a brand new system and it came preloaded with an out of date, already replaced, old version of a game that no longer has support. Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
                            @Nekro Nekro , has nothing to do with Pinball, but is that your female Cat in your Gameprofile ?
                            have one aswell, she often lies beside me when i play Zenpinball & listens to the Noises...

That cat's name was Nelson, which I assume is because she only had one eye. Unfortunately, she died a couple of years ago, but she was great. I now have a Tom, dark grey, really soft with the stretchiest skin I've ever known a cat to have whom I got as a kitten around 8 weeks after Nelson died. His name is Tiberius. I guess you could call me a cat person. He used to chase the pinball around the TV when he was a kitten, but he doesn't bother with that anymore.
                            Last edited by Nekro Neko; 02-17-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekro Neko View Post
                              That cat's name was Nelson, which I assume is because she only had one eye. Unfortunately, she died a couple of years ago, but she was great. I now have a Tom, dark grey, really soft with the stretchiest skin I've ever known a cat to have whom I got as a kitten around 8 weeks after Nelson died. His name is Tiberius. I guess you could call me a cat person. He used to chase the pinball around the TV when he was a kitten, but he doesn't bother with that anymore.
                              Did you know , that only female Cats have more then 2 Collours .....

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                                That's not how it works. You can complain all you want, but it's out of Zen's hands. All Zen does is submit the update and pay the certification fee. Microsoft and Sony handle the rest and will post the update when they feel like it. Many times it's two weeks in advance and other times it's only a couple days in advance.

Some of them do. Zsolt (the owner) and Deep (a table designer) speak fluent English, while some of the other table designers don't.

That's the copyright/trademark year. Pinball FX2 released out in 2010, while PFX1 came out in 2007. They place both years down because of the Pinball FX name. The copyright/trademark is only listed for the main program itself. They don't update it every time a new piece of DLC releases. There's really no need to update it, since a copyright/trademark lasts for a very long time (many many years). The only time a copyright/trademark needs to be updated (by law) is when a new installment is released. Since, the tables are being released in an existing program, the copyright/trademark info doesn't need to be updated.
                                As you have stated Pinball FX is an out of date product, so why has this date even be shown on the new Pinball FX2 recent logo? I am playing Pinball FX2, if it was released in 2010. Why would that logo even show 2007 showing it to be an older product? In correct english we never put an ending date on a product that is still a valid product. It shouldn't have shown a date at all. A simple update would remedy this grammar error as it reads incorrectly. The product I am playing was released in 2010 as you have stated, not in 2007. When the Pinball FX2 logo reads 2007-2010 anybody reading that logo concludes it is out of date due to RIP..... When purchasing any product if you see and ending date you assume faulty, out of date, or bad when purchased after that dates end. Batteries, food, the dead. English when showing an ending date is there to be read. It is an error, and in your response only shows the mentality behind it. The copyright was mispelled/mislabelled please change it. Obviously it won't be because as you said alot no speak the english. This clerical error is justified with, the copyright doesn't need update until a new product is installed. I bet the same can be said with any other fault or glitch found they don't require updating because they have already been released. Next you will argue it isn't Pinball FX2 it is Zen or something equally as absurd concerning this clerical error. What that date as you have clarified is actually reading was the RIP or lifespan of Pinball FX not the actual game I am playing FX2.

The additional Pinball FX tables Rocky, Nightmare where only available as an extra DLC for about 2 years? That is very bad form indeed
                                Last edited by And33y; 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X