Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four tables out today for Pinball FX 2 Win 8.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by allmodcons View Post
    It works fine for me if I buy the pack through the Win8 store, and then launch the game and it downloaded. This is way I used to have to buy them in the past.

    Tesla plays fantastic in the cabinet!
    How do you buy it through the Win8 Store? I search for Tesla or Avengers and don't get anything. Searching for 'Pinball' only gives me 3 choices ... PinballFX 2 and 2 other pinball programs.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Landozelig View Post
      How do you buy it through the Win8 Store? I search for Tesla or Avengers and don't get anything. Searching for 'Pinball' only gives me 3 choices ... PinballFX 2 and 2 other pinball programs.
      This is from memory...
      Go in store and find Pinball FX2. Select Explore game (you might need to scroll across to find it), and you will find there are 20 items available including the classic pack. Hope that works for you.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by allmodcons View Post
        This is from memory...
        Go in store and find Pinball FX2. Select Explore game (you might need to scroll across to find it), and you will find there are 20 items available including the classic pack. Hope that works for you.
        This doesn't work for me either, same error, "Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

        The steps are:
        - windows key + q
        - in search type "pinball", in the icon list click "windows apps" (not store)
        - find the pinball fx2 for xbox games (not xbox 360) and click it
        - Hit "explore"
        - Scroll the progress bar until you see "more content" or something to this effect.
        - Here you can view all addons and buy them outside of the pb fx2 app.

        Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
        Have you all installed the latest update for Pinball FX2? Please do so and let me know if you have any issues.
        I have uninstalled and reinstalled pinball fx2. I have also gone to force update checks and it finds nothing. I assume I'm on the latest version. What is the latest version? I can check the files and see.

        Comment


        • #19
          Thanks - I figured out what I was doing wrong. When you said the Win8 Store, I clicked on the green "Store" icon. All you can get there is the main Pinball FX2 game, no tables. You have to click on the green "Games" icon. Then Pinball FX2 shows up under "recent games", there you can pick 'explore game' and find the tables.

          Still doesn't work for me though, but now I can't buy anything. xbox.com also shows me a runtime error, so I think MS has some problems right now.

          Comment


          • #20
            Just reinstalled it again and now I only have the Mars table even though I own all of them.
            Reinstalled it again and still only one table.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Kaboom75 View Post
              Just reinstalled it again and now I only have the Mars table even though I own all of them.
              Reinstalled it again and still only one table.
              There is a restore button, what happens when you click that?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Landozelig View Post
                Thanks - I figured out what I was doing wrong. When you said the Win8 Store, I clicked on the green "Store" icon. All you can get there is the main Pinball FX2 game, no tables. You have to click on the green "Games" icon. Then Pinball FX2 shows up under "recent games", there you can pick 'explore game' and find the tables.

                Still doesn't work for me though, but now I can't buy anything. xbox.com also shows me a runtime error, so I think MS has some problems right now.
                Sorry about that - I was away from home when I wrote that so it was from memory. It's strange how different people are getting different behaviour. I have had my share of these kind of problems before but oddly enough today it works.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by allmodcons View Post
                  Sorry about that - I was away from home when I wrote that so it was from memory. It's strange how different people are getting different behaviour. I have had my share of these kind of problems before but oddly enough today it works.
                  Unrelated to this issue of purchasing these, microsofts store went down for 45 minutes or so but is back up. That's what caused no one that reinstalled to get their content back.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    So is Bilil1 the only person who was able to purchase these 4 new tables, or have other people gotten them?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Landozelig View Post
                      So is Bilil1 the only person who was able to purchase these 4 new tables, or have other people gotten them?
                      No, I have another friend that got them.

                      Now when I try to buy this in the windows store method (not the pinball fx app,but the windows app method), I get this error:

                      "Sorry, the xbox service isn't available right now. Can't access this item because it's no longer available."

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        v12 lags alot and keeps crashing the game if I pause (to try to survive through the lag) no idea if it's just me and my computer or something with the table. the other 3 tables works great only that the super combo achievement isn't unlocking for me even tho i've gotten over 15 so far, maybe more types of super combos I'm not aware of?

                        edit* Second achievement on shaman table unlocked on my 35-40th super combo, no idea if more things factor in than just the combo?
                        Last edited by Kinkimono; 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I just managed to purchase the pack (finally). I ended up logging out of my profile, installing pinballfx2 on another windows 8 computer, buying it there, going back to my original computer and installing my content.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hello. I am not able to purchase the classic tables, a message appear when I try to buy them into the game: "Can't buy it right now, try it later". I want to play this tables because they are my favourites but I can't. What should I do?? And when offline playing?? I only can play the game when I am in my home, and my internet is slowly and sometimes fail!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Cannot purchase classic tables

                              I also cannot purchase the classic tables in-game nor in the games app on my Windows 8 PC. Please email me how and or when this issue will be resolved.

                              Thank you

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                                Have you all installed the latest update for Pinball FX2? Please do so and let me know if you have any issues.

                                BarbieBobomb mentioned the above yesterday, and over the past few weeks I have seen in this forum other mentions of updates to Pinball FX2.

                                I first installed Pinball FX2 on 2/03/2013, but since then I have never seen an update for the Pinball FX2 app in the Windows Store. I have regularly logged onto the Windows Store, done check for updates, and I have found an occasional "update available" for some of the Windows 8 builtin apps such as Reader. But I have never seen an update for Pinball FX2. Should I have seen any Updates for Pinball FX2 in the Windows Store since Feb 3rd ? If so, could I be doing something wrong?

                                Please note: In in my Collection I do see the grayed out place holders icons for Tesla, Eldorado, Shaman, and V12 (which are the 4 new tables mentioned in this thread) and I assume I got these 4 icons from being logged onto XBOX Games. I am just wondering if I am missing updates to the Pinball FX2 base app itself since I have never seen such an "Update Available" for Pinball FX2 itself in the Windows Store.
                                Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X