Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four tables out today for Pinball FX 2 Win 8.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rassilon
    replied
    Originally posted by hawitt View Post
    Meanwhile, I could buy all new tables.
    I had to delete my payment information complete.
    And then create new.
    Then it worked without problems.
    Pure luck, I expect. While a few users have been able to purchase the new tables, most of us are in the dark. I tried resetting my payment information as well, but it did nothing.

Correction: it did confirm one thing. Pinball FX 2 ignores the "do not require a password for purchases" selection I made on my Xbox Live account. That may be a security issue imposed by Microsoft for in-app purchases.

Last edited by rassilon; 02-27-2013, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hawitt
    replied
    Meanwhile, I could buy all new tables.
    I had to delete my payment information complete.
    And then create new.
    Then it worked without problems.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Thanks for the reports, everyone. I'll send to the team.

Leave a comment:

• rassilon
    replied
    Originally posted by hawitt View Post
    I can't pay the 4 tables.
    "The purchase could not be completed. Please try again later."
    Since 4 days i get that.
    Likewise, the store seems to be broken. Another user suggested searching for "pinball" in Apps, which doesn't work. I was able to find it (and explore add-ons) on the Games app, but I still can't purchase the new packs. They're listed as NOT_YET_LOCALIZED and therefore unavailable in the United States.
    Last edited by rassilon; 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hawitt
    replied
    I can't pay the 4 tables.
    "The purchase could not be completed. Please try again later."
    Since 4 days i get that.

Leave a comment:

• TheOutlawStarXB
    replied
    I finally got the Zen Classic pinball tables. Normal way in-game purchasing never worked, so I went to the microsoft games app again to see if I could purchase it from there. It worked this time. Finally.

Leave a comment:

• chris008
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOutlawStarXB View Post
    *sigh* Still doesn't work even after that new update just released. :/
    thank you for the answer, i understood, business has to follow highly that it does what is necessary.

Leave a comment:

• TheOutlawStarXB
    replied
    Originally posted by chris008 View Post
    hello,i do not arrive has to purchasse the pack i am French my English is not terrible. what must I make?

thank.
    *sigh* Still doesn't work even after that new update just released. :/

Microsoft.Studios.PinballFx2_1.4.0.486_x86__8wekyb 3d8bbwe
    Last edited by TheOutlawStarXB; 02-26-2013, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chris008
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOutlawStarXB View Post
    I also cannot purchase the classic tables in-game nor in the games app on my Windows 8 PC. Please email me how and or when this issue will be resolved.

Thank you
    hello,i do not arrive has to purchasse the pack i am French my English is not terrible. what must I make?

thank.

Leave a comment:

• Seattlemark
    replied
    Thanks Solitude and TheOutlawStarXB. My folder also is named
    Microsoft.Studios.PinballFx2_1.3.0.452_x86__8wekyb 3d8bbwe,
    so it sounds like I am current afterall.

Now that I can open the windows app folder using those complex instructions linked to by Solitude and do properties on the Pinball FX2 app, I see now that I was incorrect about the Feb. 3rd date. Rather I see that I had installed Pinball FX2 on Feb 9th, which was after the Feb. 7th date mentioned by Solitude as when the current build was released. Hence no updates have been available since I installed....

So, now I know that I am ready for, and am looking forward to next purchasing the Star Wars tables when they come out soon!

P.S. In actuality there are no spaces before the "3d8bbwe" in my folder name, but my post here in this forum keeps saving it with the spaces (and I suspect the same thing happened when TheOutlawStarXB posted above). At any rate, according to Solitude that's part of the "gibberish" anyways.
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheOutlawStarXB
    replied
    This is the folder I found in there: Microsoft.Studios.PinballFx2_1.3.0.452_x86__8wekyb 3d8bbwe

Leave a comment:

• Solitude
    replied
    Originally posted by Seattlemark View Post
    Solitude, I have been doing exactly as you are saying. (In fact BarbieBobomb, who like yourself is also from Zen Studio staff, and I corresponded about that very manual procedure in another thread I had started after I asked if updates are automatic or not: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ates-automatic). But since I first installed Pinball FX2 for the first time on 02/03/2013, I have never seen even one update in the Store for Pinball FX2, even when I manually checks for updates using that procedure. Which doesn't make sense to me because I keep reading about updates in this forum.

Solitude or BarbieBobomb, I really hope I can learn more about why the manual update check in the Win8 Store has not been providing any "update available" messages to me for Pinball FX2. I would like to get this resolved before I make the decision of purchasing addtional tables beyond the ones I already own. Any suggestions from either of you (or anyone else reading this)?

Another question for anyone: Is there some way to compare the version number of the Pinball FX2 app I have already installed in Windows 8 to the version number of the most recent version offered by Zen Studios?
    The only place I know to see the version number is in the program folder name. The latest one is 1.3.0.452, released Feb 7.

You can find the folder by following these steps (they make it really difficult, for some reason):http://www.wikihow.com/Access-Metro-...r-in-Windows-8. The folder name is Microsoft.Studios.PinballFX2_versionnumber_CPUtype _gibberish

If you can't get the update, then it's possible that Microsoft is doing something funky like releasing it at different times in different regions/countries. Or who knows. The system seems to have some growing pains, particularly in relation to profiles and DLC...

Leave a comment:

• Seattlemark
    replied
    Originally posted by Solitude View Post
    To check for updates manually, go to the Store in the metro interface, being up the Charms bar, select Settings, go to App updates, and choose the Check for Updates button.

Local high scores will get erased with uninstall/reinstall, but Leaderboard entries should stay intact.
    Solitude, I have been doing exactly as you are saying. (In fact BarbieBobomb, who like yourself is also from Zen Studio staff, and I corresponded about that very manual procedure in another thread I had started after I asked if updates are automatic or not: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ates-automatic). But since I first installed Pinball FX2 for the first time on 02/03/2013, I have never seen even one update in the Store for Pinball FX2, even when I manually checks for updates using that procedure. Which doesn't make sense to me because I keep reading about updates in this forum.

Solitude or BarbieBobomb, I really hope I can learn more about why the manual update check in the Win8 Store has not been providing any "update available" messages to me for Pinball FX2. I would like to get this resolved before I make the decision of purchasing addtional tables beyond the ones I already own. Any suggestions from either of you (or anyone else reading this)?

Another question for anyone: Is there some way to compare the version number of the Pinball FX2 app I have already installed in Windows 8 to the version number of the most recent version offered by Zen Studios?
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-24-2013, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Solitude
    replied
    Originally posted by Landozelig View Post
    I agree - I have seen her mention updating your game and I have no idea what that's about. I have never seen an update for PinballFX 2. I still can't buy the 4 new tables, so I tried what someone else had mentioned - uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. I do NOT recommend this to anyone because it erases your high scores. Wasn't a huge deal as I'd mainly only played Mars, but for someone with a lot of time into the game, they might be quite upset to lose all their high scores. It's mentioned so casually all the time, like "oh yeah, just uninstall then reinstall it and everything will be good". They never mention the high scores being wiped.
    To check for updates manually, go to the Store in the metro interface, being up the Charms bar, select Settings, go to App updates, and choose the Check for Updates button.

Local high scores will get erased with uninstall/reinstall, but Leaderboard entries should stay intact.

Leave a comment:

• Landozelig
    replied
    I agree - I have seen her mention updating your game and I have no idea what that's about. I have never seen an update for PinballFX 2. I still can't buy the 4 new tables, so I tried what someone else had mentioned - uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. I do NOT recommend this to anyone because it erases your high scores. Wasn't a huge deal as I'd mainly only played Mars, but for someone with a lot of time into the game, they might be quite upset to lose all their high scores. It's mentioned so casually all the time, like "oh yeah, just uninstall then reinstall it and everything will be good". They never mention the high scores being wiped.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X