X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vogliadicane
    replied
    Can we have a button to toggle background music, please!!

Some tables have - I'm sorry to say that - really annoying music. To my opinion it is mostly for pseudo bombast and dramatic music made by synths/samplers (e.g. Dr. Strange, Wolverine)
    On the other hand, there are tables with excellent music, that contributes very good to the total athmosphere (e.g. Star Wars Tables, Aliens tables, Ms Splosion Man - yes I love this one), so I really do NOT want to turn the music globally muted.

Here a toggle button would help, that should work when the table is running. Next table should start with music again.

Perfect would be, to choose in a setting for each table (or a command, that can be implemented into PinballX...) but my upper proposal would be very helpful at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• shazamic
    replied
    Move DMD on the playfield

Originally posted by bloodydrake View Post
    could we please have the DMD spacing around the edge of the screen reduced or removed completely?
    IT seems to be code left over from the Console version that is probably the 15% over scan distance to ensure older tv sets don't clip off the hud etc.
    However this isn't needed on the steam version. It would make using the large DMD in portrait mode much better(alot of the tables you can't use a large DMD due to the spacing forcing the DMD over top of parts of the playfield. This would fix that

heres what i mean before and after(rough shop sorry)

Up! i'm playing in vertical mod, and often the DMD (medium size) hides some feature on playfield. The solution proposed by Bloodydrake to decale DMD to the top would be nice.

Even better, use the "dotmatrix.cfg" to decale & resize DMD, but on the same screen (my mini pincab is just a playfield 22"). I've tested to creat this file, but DMD has disappeared because i have only 1 screen, i guess.

And even-even better, use a "dotmatrix.cfg" to set DMD for each table !!
    Like this :
    Sorcerer lair (x= 500;y= 0; height= 100; width= 400)
    Tesla (x= 350;y= 0; height= 100; width= 400)
    etc...

Leave a comment:

• Macotar
    replied
    Not flipper lag, Flipper stick Steam Controller

I love my steam controller playing Fx tables with the exception that sometimes the flipper sticks up and I have to hit it again to make it come down. It doesn't happen often, maybe once or twice in a game, but it's very annoying. I'm using one of the top custom controller profiles on steam. Otherwise works flawlessly.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• KendrikTheRed
    replied
    Cabinet Mode Ideas/Suggestions

So, my friends and I are working on a cabinet as a pet project in our IT office. The support that's been implemented by the Pinball FX2 team for virtual cabinets is amazing and greatly appreciated. As the team continues to develop the platform, I have a few thoughts/ideas that have probably already come up, but I'd like to voice my interest in their implementation (and this seems the proper/best place to do so).

First of all (I mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll mention in it brief here since it seems fitting): The ability to skip/turn off the game over Pinball FX2 superscore screen. For cabinet usage, this slows things down and breaks the cabinet feel. To be able to stay on the machine and view a game over/local high score reel would be awesome and highly preferable.

Slightly related: The ability to deactivate initial-input memory would be nice. Edited: I found a backspace option in the character wheel. My mistake for not seeing it previously. The ability to turn off initial memory would still be welcome, though; I've not found a way to get back to character entry wheel without pressing the B button on gamepad or keyboard equivalent, and it would be nice to not have to include/designate a button on the interface to do that task.

Being able to set a system-wide "always use X cam" option would be great, especially since it's pretty consistently the case that camera 2 is the closest to simulating a physical table. This isn't really a huge deal, but it would be a nice option.

Being able to launch into hotseat mode from command line would be exceptionally nice. Lack of such an option makes for PinballX launching to be optimal only for single player. I realize that such a thing is not a primary concern for your development, but, having already added (greatly appreciated) command line launching support, this would be a great next step.

Related to that, and even better, would be the ability to choose the number of players when starting the table from within the table (and again at the game over screen). If this could happen (and the game may not be built in such a way for it to be viable), that would be truly outstanding.

Of course, these are ideas for what could make the game even better for cabinet users in the future. As a dev, I recognize that they may not be easy to implement, or even realistically viable. As a growing enthusiast, these are things I'd absolutely love to see.

Thanks for all you do, team!
    Last edited by KendrikTheRed; 06-15-2016, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by wims View Post
    Hi Barbie,

Bugs on Biolab were never fixed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeZHwSOeeg
    (ball blocked in the cookie jar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyzAswQRLQ
    (impossible to launch if you win more than 2 extraballs per ball, probably because of the portage from 360 and the visual effect in centrifuge).

I know the team do the best but please remedy. It's frustrating to waste many hours, to finally restart because of known bugs several years ago. Especially if Zen created a thread to list them, but no fix behind. The solution would be to denigrate old tables forever ? I hope not !
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• wims
    replied
    Hi,

I found a general issue, not really an issue but something you can simply avoid.

When you resume a saved game, you have the choice (continue / start a new game) : the handling to do is to switch (with the pad) and validate by pushing A.

But if you make the mistake to press the B key, your save is simply erased as you'd chosen a new game. It would be safest if B key doesn't work at that time (yesterday I lost my game like this).

I found another thing but I prefer to send a PM.

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• wims
    replied
    Hi Barbie,

Bugs on Biolab were never fixed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeZHwSOeeg
    (ball blocked in the cookie jar)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exyzAswQRLQ
    (impossible to launch if you win more than 2 extraballs per ball, probably because of the portage from 360 and the visual effect in centrifuge).

I know the team do the best but please remedy. It's frustrating to waste many hours, to finally restart because of known bugs several years ago. Especially if Zen created a thread to list them, but no fix behind. The solution would be to denigrate old tables forever ? I hope not !

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Yogfei View Post
    Hi, i search the forum but didn't have on answer on my problem.

- I have Pinball fx2 on my library according to steam but when i search it don't find it I need to go on the store to launch it
    - When I click on "play the game" on pinball fx2
    - It writes "researching for update"
    - It stops and nothing is launching...

Never had any problem on steam before is it a problem of steam or Pinball FX2 ?

My config :
    i5-4670
    16Go ram
    Geforce GTX670

Thanks in advance for the help...
    Are you trying to launch via the separate Steam program or via the Steam store in a browser?

Leave a comment:

• Yogfei
    replied
    Problem can't play on steam

Hi, i search the forum but didn't have on answer on my problem.

- I have Pinball fx2 on my library according to steam but when i search it don't find it I need to go on the store to launch it
    - When I click on "play the game" on pinball fx2
    - It writes "researching for update"
    - It stops and nothing is launching...

Never had any problem on steam before is it a problem of steam or Pinball FX2 ?

My config :
    i5-4670
    16Go ram
    Geforce GTX670

Thanks in advance for the help...

Leave a comment:

• ampeg
    replied
    Originally posted by Croftanator View Post
    Are you sure the lamp isn't flashing on the left orbit (YONDU lane)? It can be obscured by the G ramp, depending which camera angle/orientation you're playing in. In the first part of the mission when you need to shoot the combos to hit Ronan, when you shoot the COLLECTOR ramp, you need to follow it up with a shot to YONDU's orbit.
    You're completely right, the view I'm using is completely obscuring that lamp. Thanks for the help, I thought it would be strange if this was a bug since the table has been out for almost two years.

Leave a comment:

• Croftanator
    replied
    Originally posted by ampeg View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but looking at YouTube-videos of people playing this mission the problem that I experience does not happen to them.

On the Drax vs Ronan-mission you are supposed to hit various ramps where the Drax symbol is flashing. So far so good, but after a couple of rounds there is no ramp flashing at all. No light is flashing except for the Drax symbol in the mission indicator in the middle of the playfield. The only thing I can do is to wait for Ronans timer to reach zero so that he gets a punch at Drax and then the ramps start flashing again. After I hit one of the flashing ramps, everything stops flashing again and I have to wait for the timer to reach zero. This basically means that I can't complete the mission since during most of it there is nothing that I can shoot at.

Am I missing something?
    Are you sure the lamp isn't flashing on the left orbit (YONDU lane)? It can be obscured by the G ramp, depending which camera angle/orientation you're playing in. In the first part of the mission when you need to shoot the combos to hit Ronan, when you shoot the COLLECTOR ramp, you need to follow it up with a shot to YONDU's orbit.

Leave a comment:

• ampeg
    replied
    Possible bug in Guardians of the Galaxy

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but looking at YouTube-videos of people playing this mission the problem that I experience does not happen to them.

On the Drax vs Ronan-mission you are supposed to hit various ramps where the Drax symbol is flashing. So far so good, but after a couple of rounds there is no ramp flashing at all. No light is flashing except for the Drax symbol in the mission indicator in the middle of the playfield. The only thing I can do is to wait for Ronans timer to reach zero so that he gets a punch at Drax and then the ramps start flashing again. After I hit one of the flashing ramps, everything stops flashing again and I have to wait for the timer to reach zero. This basically means that I can't complete the mission since during most of it there is nothing that I can shoot at.

Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Geordles View Post
    Stewie can fly and shoot but Bertram's plane just goes to the top out of range and won't move

https://youtu.be/jf7h6HJzLpc
    This should be fixed in the next update

Leave a comment:

• Geordles
    replied
    Family Guy Pinball - Stewie can't fight Bertram

Stewie can fly and shoot but Bertram's plane just goes to the top out of range and won't move

https://youtu.be/jf7h6HJzLpc

Leave a comment:

• GipsonLens
    replied
    Hello. I haven't played in a long time and noticed that my high scores no longer show up on the online leaderboard but still see them locally. Did something happen to high scores?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X