X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roo5676
    replied
    Originally posted by LeanderL View Post
    Will highscores get reset because of the bug (unlikely though). Let's just say every score higher than mine used this exploit *joking*
    As of last night, I didn't see any scores that were too crazy. The game I drained out of with the bug was about 35 million, then later I got a legit 150 million or so and was about 3rd overall. I don't think anyone was over 200m, and I think Cloudhead was #1, so I'm sure his was legit.

Good work on the quick fix, though!

Leave a comment:

• LeanderL
    replied
    Will highscores get reset because of the bug (unlikely though). Let's just say every score higher than mine used this exploit *joking*

Leave a comment:

• deep
    replied
    Originally posted by deep View Post
    Thanks for the report, that sounds pretty bad. We haven't experienced this kind of problem. I will check this out ASAP.
    Found it, fixed, will patch ASAP. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• deep
    replied
    Originally posted by Roo5676 View Post
    Serious scoring bug on Return of the Jedi. I hit this twice in less than 2 hours of play. I don't know exactly what happens, but somehow the Tiberius vari-target gets stuck and starts repeatedly giving out the same score about once per second forever.

Once it happened when I was in C3PO hurry-up and then drained my last ball. The second time I wasn't in that, but I believe I did hit the vari-target. After it started happening I tried hitting the vari-target a couple more times. Each time it would give me a score in addition to the looping score. As the vari-target got pushed back, the position the looping score emanated from changed also, so I'm pretty sure that's what's generating it.

I could have just cradled the ball and gotten an infinitely high score, but I let it drain. The looped scoring even continued after the game was over and through initial entry. It didn't seem to stop counting up until returning to the score summary screen.
    Thanks for the report, that sounds pretty bad. We haven't experienced this kind of problem. I will check this out ASAP.
    Last edited by deep; 10-17-2013, 11:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Roo5676
    replied
    Infinite Scoring Bug

Serious scoring bug on Return of the Jedi. I hit this twice in less than 2 hours of play. I don't know exactly what happens, but somehow the Tiberius vari-target gets stuck and starts repeatedly giving out the same score about once per second forever.

Once it happened when I was in C3PO hurry-up and then drained my last ball. The second time I wasn't in that, but I believe I did hit the vari-target. After it started happening I tried hitting the vari-target a couple more times. Each time it would give me a score in addition to the looping score. As the vari-target got pushed back, the position the looping score emanated from changed also, so I'm pretty sure that's what's generating it.

I could have just cradled the ball and gotten an infinitely high score, but I let it drain. The looped scoring even continued after the game was over and through initial entry. It didn't seem to stop counting up until returning to the score summary screen.

Leave a comment:

• LeanderL
    replied
    You get a cuteness reward on Biolab LOL.

Bug 1: missing ramp texture (left ramp), already reported by others but now also reported via screenshot and PM to Deep and confirmed

Bug 2: the nurse mode has an English description in the German version

Bug 3: level 3 did not work. I press the left flipper to feed the creature but the X appeared and it was a mistake although I definitely pressed the correct button. It is a bug unless the feed/cheer up buttons are different in level 3 and not the same as in level 1 and 2.

Leave a comment:

• zebez
    replied
    Feature request:
    • Full XBOX360 controller buttom remap.
    • Being able to disable the 360 controller.

I would love to play with my arcade stick cause it has way nicer buttons for this kinda game. Problem is the LB,RB, RT, LT buttons are placed completetly wrong. By either being able to rebind buttons or disable the controller ingame I can get around it. By disabling it ingame I can rebind the buttons to keyboard commands with Joy2key, which is not possible right now for the game still takes input from the controller at the same time.

Excellent game btw

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Originally posted by thegreybetween View Post

Lastly, @Zen: A patch is coming, right?
    Of course! I noticed these reports coming in as soon as the patch was issued and we're working on it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• thegreybetween
    replied
    While I'm sure it is probably common knowledge to the Zen folks by now, I haven't seen an official reply here and the problem is hinted at by Rooter's comment above:

PBFX2 has a big problem that is the result of a recent update (though I'm not sure if it is a Steam update or a PBFX2 update that triggered the issue).

In a nutshell: Many users of Steam unknowingly have a broken Avatar, and if you or ANY of your friends have a table in PBFX2 upon which their avatar is displayed (as a challenger, perhaps), the game will instantly crash when you click on that table - if your own avatar is the broken one, the game crashes immediately upon entering the menu screen.

Longer story: You may not know your avatar is broken, because it appears fine in all sizes except for its standard 184x184 pixel size, which you rarely view unless you're on your profile page. Nevertheless, due to a Steam update, it is likely that your avatar is broken and should be fixed.

Fixing it is simple: Just upload the image again, or switch to a standard Steam avatar. After you're done, be sure to RESTART Steam before opening PBFX2 again. Then you'll be able to access the menu screen and any tables that do not have challengers.

But in order to properly use PBFX2, all of your friends who may be challengers or leaderboard owners also need to fix their avatars. You can determine if their avatar is broken by visiting their Steam profile. If the avatar image doesn't show properly, that user needs to fix it. You can send them a message and hope they get to it before you want to play more pinball.

Alternatively, you can simply delete those friends from your account, restart Steam, and play normally. Just be sure to remember who they are so you can add them back when a patch is available that resolves this issue.

Lastly, @Zen: A patch is coming, right?

Leave a comment:

• rooter
    replied
    I went to try Earth Defense for the first time today. Every time I click on it, Pinball FX2 immediately crashes. All other games open without issue. The only strange thing about my system is that it is running Windows XP.

Leave a comment:

• LeanderL
    replied
    Got another Rome bug. The same bug I had some months ago. The ball got lost in the upper part of the table where the three firepots are.

Leave a comment:

• BarbieBobomb
    replied
    Thanks inF! If you can, please email support at zenstudios dot com and attach the dump file found in steamapps\common\Pinball FX2\ in your steam directory (if it creates one), plus any other details that might be important. The issue has been resolved for most people, so we're trying to get individual crash reports so we can resolve those too.

Leave a comment:

• inF
    replied
    Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    This is just the update that didn't get posted before the studio closed for two weeks (due to a Steam outage), so it was just the table + the hotseat scoring fix, other stuff will be addressed in the next patch. The initials bug shouldn't be a problem but the friends crash is pretty tricky. Different people are crashing for different reasons, so we're trying to figure out what exactly is causing it and going from there. I'll keep you all posted.
    the game crashes when you have got more than 125 friends playing pinballfx-2 at steam !

Since I do only have steam pinballfx-2 friends in steam and no other friends in friendlist, my game crashes when adding the 126th friend (which is also playing pinballfx-2)

Hopefully it wil help you solve the problem.

Extra Ball,
    inF. =PF=

(Pinball Family has got Weekly Challenges running and it is open to all =PF= members)
    Last edited by inF; 09-10-2013, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• surf1der
    replied
    Originally posted by bfollett View Post
    OK, I have to admit I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this is already reported, but when I try to enter a high score using the keyboard the following happens: When I arrow over to the letter I want to enter and then press the Enter key, the letter is entered twice and I have to back space over the second occurrence to continue entering the correct letters. This happens for every letter I enter.

Bob
    Scroll up a few posts to #255.

Leave a comment:

• bfollett
    replied
    High Score entry - Sorcerer's Lair

OK, I have to admit I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this is already reported, but when I try to enter a high score using the keyboard the following happens: When I arrow over to the letter I want to enter and then press the Enter key, the letter is entered twice and I have to back space over the second occurrence to continue entering the correct letters. This happens for every letter I enter.

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X