Super League Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super League Football

We’re combining the world’s most popular sport with our passion for pinball. Soon you’ll be able to choose your favorite football club on our next table; Super League Football Pinball! Details and trailer on the Zen Studios blog.

Looks like a great table... hope it plays as well as it looks. For now Zen will be my team! I suggest that zen looks at adding some African representation as well... I might though be one of the very few players that would like that option.
    Last edited by Cloda; 01-28-2014, 06:10 PM.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

While I doubt you can tell me the exact amount, how much is Zen paying to use those teams in a table?

The reason why I'm asking is because I wonder if this would pave the way towards an NFL, MLB, NHL, or NBA table in the future. I'm guessing the biggest hurdle would be the licensing fees.
      The soccer table looks cool, but I don't follow those teams at all; the only soccer I remotely follow is the first week of the World Cup.
      Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
      Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalEther View Post
        While I doubt you can tell me the exact amount, how much is Zen paying to use those teams in a table?

The reason why I'm asking is because I wonder if this would pave the way towards an NFL, MLB, NHL, or NBA table in the future. I'm guessing the biggest hurdle would be the licensing fees.
        The soccer table looks cool, but I don't follow those teams at all; the only soccer I remotely follow is the first week of the World Cup.
        What would be more interesting for me is how many of Zen's pinball players are from the USA? Last time I checked the USA had about 315 million odd people while the rest of the world had a slightly bigger proportion of the rest of the world's 7 Billion people. Football is being played in the majority of those countries where the rest of the 7 Billion reside, while the sports you mentioned seems, from my limited perspective, to have the core of their following in North America. It would thus only justify for Zen to make tables (and acquire licenses) for those sports if they can sell enough tables. I think Zen has a large enough following that they would be able to sell many of those tables to people that have absolutely no interest in those sports just because the confidence is there that it would be a good pinball experience, but would they be able to sell enough?

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

I don't like football.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
            I don't like football.
            But you like Pinball, theres something for everyone
            sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Ahh sorry, can't say. We know not everyone is a football fan, and not every club is represented, which is why we have a Zen club with a goofy sheep mascot I think it'll still be fun even if you don't know much about the sport.

Comment

Barbie - no problem, I figured as much

Cloda - while true to an extent, I think there is a broader appeal to those sports than just North America.

American Football (NFL) is definitely the most localized, though it's apparently popular enough in the UK to where the NFL is seriously considering putting a team in London (which Londoner's don't want, they'd rather have 1-2 games a year there with a variety of teams)

Baseball is very popular is East Asia.

Hockey is popular in most of Europe.

Basketball is also popular in Europe. I believe China has developed quite a bit of interest also.

As you said, it would depend on licensing costs and total interest. Then again, I didn't realize American superheroes were popular enough worldwide for Zen to make a ton of those tables.
                Even though I'm not a soccer fan, I'll still consider getting the table.
                Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

Barbie - no problem, I figured as much

Cloda - while true to an extent, I think there is a broader appeal to those sports than just North America.

American Football (NFL) is definitely the most localized, though it's apparently popular enough in the UK to where the NFL is seriously considering putting a team in London (which Londoner's don't want, they'd rather have 1-2 games a year there with a variety of teams)

Baseball is very popular is East Asia.

Hockey is popular in most of Europe.

Basketball is also popular in Europe. I believe China has developed quite a bit of interest also.

As you said, it would depend on licensing costs and total interest. Then again, I didn't realize American superheroes were popular enough worldwide for Zen to make a ton of those tables.
                  Even though I'm not a soccer fan, I'll still consider getting the table.
                  I take your point but only Zen will be able to assess if there is enough of a following to any of those sports to justify putting a table together. I live in a country where the three majority sports have a big following in several regions, but not so much in the America's. These sports are Soccer (Football), Rugby and Cricket. Cricket, as an example has the whole of India and Pakistan in love with the sport while Rugby has quite an European presence. Games on those sports have come out over the years, but except in their core countries, those games hardly make a dent in sales. The sports also have a broader appeal than in just their core countries (e.g. USA have quite a decent Rugby team) but I don't think it will justify the development of tables on these sports.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Just because it's not popular in the Unites States doesn't mean that soccer is actually one of the most popular and beloved sports worldwide.
                    Personally, I don't care much about football, but at least two clubs from my country are represented (Real Madrid and Fútbol Club Barcelona) and good pinball is good pinball nonetheless.

Comment

Im a Celtic fan so no surprise they werent included but im shocked that a team like Roma gets licensed but not Bayern Munich!

Ach well on and all the table looks like good clean fun. If i would have changed anything it would have simply been that instead of licensing teams i would instead have licensed the national squads... would probably get more money if people could play as their country of origin instead a select team from it (Ie Man U fans prob wont fancy playing Liverpool but fans of both clubs would happily play England if thats their native country).

Im liking this Zen, it was an unexpected choice for a table as well as an original idea compared to the Marvel/Star Wars themed efforts people for some reason complain about. Look forward to this being released so i can have a wee go myself and will prob rep Arsenal because my best mate is a fan of theirs.

Oh and on the whole Soccer/Football popularity debate people need only heed the sales of FIFA games... they are the Madden titles of Europe and beyond. Its the most followed sport on the planet and even those biased against it have to realise their bias would never counter that of Zen... a European dev so naturally will pip for Football/Soccer over any other sport people hoot on about here or anywhere else. Pretty sure there isnt much demand for NFL in Hungary haha
                      Last edited by Skode; 02-08-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Super League Football is coming to Pinball FX2 for XBLA on February 19th!

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                          Super League Football is coming to Pinball FX2 for XBLA on February 19th!
                          Well cool.Thanks Barbie

Comment

Cant believe you dont have the massive as one of the teams ....Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

I'm not narrow-minded so i played the demo (1 minute), which I usually never do since, as a good 1st-hour Zen fan, I buy every table automatically as they get released. But this time, I'm really not interested. It doesn't feel like playing pinball, the "ball" is too strange, the theme is, from my point of view, ugly, graphically and musically. I'm sure however that many people will enjoy the table and I wish them great playing moments.

Comment

Working...
                              X