Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OU7CAS7
    • Sep 2013

Windows 8 update

Any more info on the "massive update" coming to Windows 8?

I'm particularly interested in getting the latest Star Wars tables, plus I'm hoping Zen has fixed up those bugs that I mentioned earlier...
    - Laptop specifications -

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
    RAM: 16GB
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.3GHz
    Dedicated Video Graphics: nVidia RTX 2060
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by OU7CAS7
    Any more info on the "massive update" coming to Windows 8?

I'm particularly interested in getting the latest Star Wars tables, plus I'm hoping Zen has fixed up those bugs that I mentioned earlier...
    No word just yet - still working on it

Comment

• vogliadicane
      • Feb 2014

when?
      I'm bored of the tables available now and have tested all the new stuff for the iPad. Wanna play them on my big PC monitor...

Comment

• OU7CAS7
        • Sep 2013

Just thought I would update this thread with the following post by crackervizzo:

Angry with the Zen Pinball team
        Originally posted by crackervizzo
        There is a huge Win8 update coming, the game will run entirely differently and I believe your issues will be fixed. Win8 has been a very hard platform to support with features, content and general fixes. Hang in there and apologies for the situation.
        So... still no date, but if this update is as big as they are making out, then the wait should be worth it.

Comment

• OU7CAS7
          • Sep 2013

Guys, it has been at least 5 months since an update for Windows 8 was announced, and I can empathise with other frustrated Pinball FX2 customers /players for these simple facts:
          • There are many bugs yet to be fixed in the game
          • There is no ETA given to this day of said update mentioned previously
          • Players cannot buy the new (or is that new-ish) Star Wars tables playable on other platforms

As a customer that has purchased multiple tables from you, can you please at least let your customers know what is going on.
          Thanks.
          Last edited by OU7CAS7; 10-04-2014, 08:09 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

• Erazor84
            • Jul 2014

pls fix the problems! i even cannot buy new tables, because the app want a credit card or paypal (i want tu buy the tables with my microsoft store credit), and in the "games" app from microsoft, where you also can buy DLC's with microsoft store credit, there is always a error ... "Please try again. If the problem continues, visit www.xbox.com/support to check for guidance. error code: c00d11cd x0c00d11cd

so i cannot buy the star wars tables -_- why you guys dont accept microsoft store credit to buy a table in your app!? thats absolutely ridiculous ... if you dont want my money, k ....
            i have supported your game on windows 8 from the first hour, i already bought 9 tables, but the problems with the game and the not available "massive update"... i'm totally angry and will not buy anymore game / dlc's from zen ...
            Last edited by Erazor84; 10-11-2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• jammer1138
              • Oct 2014

+1 on this.
              I have purchased EVERY possible table for Windows 8 and I am VERY anxious to play some of the new tables.
              I am bored and a little peeved that there has not been an update for over a month.
              An update would be greatly appreciated.

Guys, it has been at least 5 months since an update for Windows 8 was announced, and I can empathise with other frustrated Pinball FX2 customers /players for these simple facts:
              • There are many bugs yet to be fixed in the game
              • There is no ETA given to this day of said update mentioned previously
              • Players cannot buy the new (or is that new-ish) Star Wars tables playable on other platforms

As a customer that has purchased multiple tables from you, can you please at least let your customers know what is going on.
              Thanks.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Sorry for the delay on Win 8 stuff - the major update has been in certification for a while, then out, then back in. Hoping to have good news in the coming weeks.

Comment

• jammer1138
                  • Oct 2014

Not to be one of "those" guys, but please define "coming weeks".
                  I work in the software industry and we try to give customers an ETA in non-ambiguous terms. i.e. Next Quarter.
                  WE of June 7th, 2015 and next month are both "coming weeks".
                  I look forward to the update and a better ETA.

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                  Sorry for the delay on Win 8 stuff - the major update has been in certification for a while, then out, then back in. Hoping to have good news in the coming weeks.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jammer1138
                    Not to be one of "those" guys, but please define "coming weeks".
                    I work in the software industry and we try to give customers an ETA in non-ambiguous terms. i.e. Next Quarter.
                    WE of June 7th, 2015 and next month are both "coming weeks".
                    I look forward to the update and a better ETA.
                    I don't have anything more specific, sorry. That's what MS is telling us at the moment. Will update if anything changes.

Comment

• OU7CAS7
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                      I don't have anything more specific, sorry. That's what MS is telling us at the moment. Will update if anything changes.
                      OK, now I'm confused. Why does Zen Studios have to deal with MS to update their game? I'm guessing MS found a huge glitch in their Windows 8 Store Apps service, something Pinball FX2 needs to work properly?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

OK, now I'm confused. Why does Zen Studios have to deal with MS to update their game? I'm guessing MS found a huge glitch in their Windows 8 Store Apps service, something Pinball FX2 needs to work properly?
                        Because like with Xbox 360 and Xbox One, content has to be approved by Microsoft.

Comment

• armandotrom
                          • Feb 2013

Great update but offline still not working

I have updated Pinball FX 2 just now. The new interface is beautiful and useful, but I can't play purchased tables when I am out of my home. This is a big problem that exists since the first release of the game, but has not been fixed yet. I have not paid about 60€ and not be able to play MY TABLES (if I pay it, this is mine, remember it) anywhere. Zen Studios, don't treat us like dumbs.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by armandotrom
                            I have updated Pinball FX 2 just now. The new interface is beautiful and useful, but I can't play purchased tables when I am out of my home. This is a big problem that exists since the first release of the game, but has not been fixed yet. I have not paid about 60€ and not be able to play MY TABLES (if I pay it, this is mine, remember it) anywhere. Zen Studios, don't treat us like dumbs.
                            You should be able to play offline. We checked with MS and they said that players should sign in online once so the game can cache your credentials and then you can play until those credentials expire (at which point you’ll need to go online again). I'm not sure how long it takes to expire, but I will try and find that out for you.

If for some reason you still can't play offline, let me know what kind of error messages you're getting.
                            Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 10-23-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• snarfo
                              Pinhead
                              • Jan 2012

I've read a lot about Microsoft's certification processes being a pain. Maybe Zen should go about licensing Minecraft or Halo for tables so Microsoft would be more motivated to get moving faster on approvals... some free cross-promotion would make them happy, no?

Comment

Working...