Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FX2-Steam/CAB support

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Seattlemark View Post
    Until a couple of days ago I had been away from this for several months, and now see what I had gone wrong. I had originally set it up last year with my two monitors oriented one way within Windows Screen Resolution, but had since moved the monitors around within Windows. By putting the monitors back within Windows in the same orientation I had when I set up Cabinet Support, I can now see both the backglass and the DMD on my second monitor.
    Yeah, I changed mine recently and had to re do things...but it's not too difficult now on Zens Cab support setup. I originally wasn't the biggest Zen fan...proffered TPA but I'm swaying towards Zen now as I feel they have made such a good effort with the cab support and whilst there are a few things I don't like, the whole experience just seems better now on the cab compared to others. So been out of touch with the others...

    Gonna have to do my cab setup again though as I have recently messed with the monitors...so hopefully it'll be easy enough to set up again. As above, I find making everything massive or, as you said, changing ur setup in Windows, it can make setup a bit easier

    Comment


    • #62
      In addition to this thread, as I re-setup my Cabinet I found the following other post very helpful, entitled "Setting up Backglass and DMD monitors for the beginner" :

      https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...ll=1#post72920

      (I have both my DMD and Backglass on the same monitor, but this other post was still very helpful to me. Because thanks to it I now finally truly understand how the various numbers for Backglass and DMD Position and Size work in the Cabinet setup panel.)
      Last edited by Seattlemark; 05-08-2017, 06:02 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by L33 View Post
        I originally wasn't the biggest Zen fan...proffered TPA but I'm swaying towards Zen now as I feel they have made such a good effort with the cab support and whilst there are a few things I don't like, the whole experience just seems better now on the cab compared to others.
        I agree, L33. I too have also been a user of TPA. (In fact, you and I originally met on The Pinball Arcade Fans forum.) But I now really appreciate Zen for giving us Cabinet support. That is something that the company that makes TPA never gave us. (As you know L33, with TPA a brilliant volunteer member of the Fan Community, NoEX, eventually came up with a "Free Camera Mod" workaround set of software. Fortunately currently NoEx does an update after each new TPA table comes out, but if NoEx ever wants to stop volunteering to support it then that's the end for additional TPA tables that have cabinet support.) So I really admire Zen Studios for what Zen provides built right into the software it provides! Thank you Zen Studios!
        Last edited by Seattlemark; 05-08-2017, 05:37 PM.

        Comment


        • #64
          Well, I have the DMD in the right spot, but I can't figure out the Backglass! It doesn't consistently change when I change the values. On two tables, I could see part of the image, but then I mess with the settings to fix the image and it disappears. If I exit out to the menu, then the screen 'saves' the changes. The DMD was kind of the same way, but eventually it started changing 'in real time' and I was able to fix it as you all have described. I'll keep at it!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by dukecitypinball View Post
            Well, I have the DMD in the right spot, but I can't figure out the Backglass! It doesn't consistently change when I change the values. On two tables, I could see part of the image, but then I mess with the settings to fix the image and it disappears. If I exit out to the menu, then the screen 'saves' the changes. The DMD was kind of the same way, but eventually it started changing 'in real time' and I was able to fix it as you all have described. I'll keep at it!
            Yesterday, I was also finding that my changes to my Backglass settings were not going into effect real time. I had to exit from the Cabinet screen before my changes took place.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by L33 View Post
              Yeah, I changed mine recently and had to re do things...but it's not too difficult now on Zens Cab support setup. I originally wasn't the biggest Zen fan...proffered TPA but I'm swaying towards Zen now as I feel they have made such a good effort with the cab support and whilst there are a few things I don't like, the whole experience just seems better now on the cab compared to others. So been out of touch with the others...

              Gonna have to do my cab setup again though as I have recently messed with the monitors...so hopefully it'll be easy enough to set up again. As above, I find making everything massive or, as you said, changing ur setup in Windows, it can make setup a bit easier

              Hi L33. What, if anything, did you put into your cabinet for nudging? (Such as simple button switches, or a circuit board with acceleration sensor, or the board from a Microsoft Sidewinder Freestype Pro, etc?) And if you did something, does it give you digital or analog nudging with Zen tables? Same question about TPA tables.
              Last edited by Seattlemark; 05-26-2017, 04:46 PM.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Seattlemark View Post
                Hi L33. What, if anything, did you put into your cabinet for nudging? (Such as simple button switches, or a circuit board with acceleration sensor, or the board from a Microsoft Sidewinder Freestype Pro, etc?) And if you did something, does it give you digital or analog nudging with Zen tables? Same question about TPA tables.
                I found a video from L33 (under his other name of Smugwood) that shows how he did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKEfDLle5r4

                Comment


                • #68
                  Submitted requesat and pictures and now nothing....

                  So I submitted my request and got an email from Desiree <[email protected]> Requesting a picture of " a virtual pinball cabinet or simply turning your monitor for vertical orientation" and I sent it.... and waited........ an hour later I sent info on my planned cabnet build... and waited..........and waited.......... and waited......... And I'm STILL Waiting

                  I can Understand that your concerned that someone else isn't using your games in a commercial product but FOR GOODNESS SAKES..... with as many pinball players are out there that are building MULTIPLE CABS, You are going to DROWN in Requests and show bad customer service because of people waiting for the human factor to create and email a special code, if you aren't already!!

                  Cant you make up an automated system that works like registering for a forum that works in as little as a few seconds?
                  Just create an updated EULA and registration system with a couple of check boxes and take the human out of the picture.

                  But in the meantime.... Can someone PRETTY please email me 2 codes? I have 2 machines I'm Building! please please please???

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Hi!

                    Could you give us your email either here or send a message to [email protected] so I can help Desiree find you and tend to your issue?

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Seattlemark View Post
                      I found a video from L33 (under his other name of Smugwood) that shows how he did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKEfDLle5r4
                      All I'm currently using for nudging now are the 2 nudge buttons either side of the machine...left nudge and right nudge. Tried using the setup with the plunger etc, but I find for reaction speed...nothing beats the button nudging. The buttons are leaf switch buttons too which makes things easier I find. The plunger nudging setup was ok...but whilst physically nudging the machine may seem more realistic...I was concerned about damaging the floor

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Animated Backglass IMAGES

                        I'm happy with the Pinball FX frontend, after adding cabinet support for a backglass monitor, and a PINDMD v3 full color dot matrix display (have to use DMD extensions).

                        Everything is working great, and I've started adding backglass images.

                        I'm willing to wait for Zen Studios to add support for .mp4 files on backglass, but in the meantime I keep hearing about "animated images" that can be used in place of static image files.

                        To date, I have been unable to locate a singe animated backglass IMAGE file (not a video).

                        Does anybody possibly know the location of any to test?

                        Thanks

                        Rick

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I requested a cab code for both FX2 and FX3 and haven't received a reply. Any idea on how long the response time usually is? Thanks! I'm starting my mini cab build next week and wanted to get a jump on the software side before moving into hardware.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I got a response the next day but I had to send a picture of my cabinet setup in order to get the code.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X