Changes we'd like to see in Pinball FX 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes we'd like to see in Pinball FX 2

Greetings! FX 2 is a great sequal/Upgrade. The following are just a couple of items I'd like to see changed from the initial playthrough.

First, I would like the ability to turn the ball trail off separately from the other effects. Right now if you want the trail off, it turns off several effects I might want left on.

Second, some of the table voices like in Secrets of the Deep, Rocky and Bullwinkle et. al. are barely heard. It would be nice if they could fix this in an update patch or allow the user to increase the voices to be heard over and above the effects and music.

Third, I fully understand that if you change the table settings in the Operator menus that you can't be listed on the Leaderboards. However, one of the settings is to change the color of the dot matrix display. How is changing the display color giving me an advantage over other players so I'm kept off the leaderboards? Changing the Matrix color should not ban you from the boards since it does not make the game easier. Just a thought.

Anyone else have anything to list for ZEN Studios for a possible update?

Thanks!

Here's one: If two people are left in a multiplayer match and one quits, just end the game there with the remaining player the winner. I was just playing a 50% penalty/5M point game of Buccaneer (at which I'm pretty bad) against someone and when I finally started scoring some decent points he quit. Unfortunately, my definition of "decent points" on Buccaneer with the 50% penalty still means that it was another 10 minutes before I could finish up -- I didn't want to leave a ranked match, just in case.

Comment

There's a bug with view 3 on Biolab.

When you enter multiball (cloning) the camera follows the first ball you shoot that is released so you can barely see the second ball because the view changes to multiball view too late.

Don't know if it happens on other boards.

Comment

I've mentioned this before but I would really like a screen rotate option for those of us with tvs/monitors that allow 90 degree (portrait) rotation. This would be ideal for a top down view.

Comment

I don't know if this is a bug or just me being really frustrated by "nothing" but the Buccaneer table has an issue:

The "lock" right above the left scull ALWAYS sends the ball down the drain (right side). I can't remember it did that in FX 1 and I used to love that table.

I don't seem to be able to prevent it but if it is possible I would love to know how.

Comment

In retrospect

it would have been nice if all tables could be bought seperatedly. both packs have tables I'm not so fond of (SOTD, Extreme) and ones I'd definitely buy (Agents, Pasha)

Comment

Originally posted by pinballer View Post
              it would have been nice if all tables could be bought seperatedly. both packs have tables I'm not so fond of (SOTD, Extreme) and ones I'd definitely buy (Agents, Pasha)

How can you not like SotD!?!?! It's so good.

Comment

peraer Rienzi

Originally posted by Nekro Neko View Post
                Agreed. It has become my favorite of the new tables. The balance between challenge and reward is just about perect, but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekro Neko View Post
                  "Not so fond of"

If all tables were seperate I would have bought Pasha, Excalibur, Speedmachine, Agents and Rocky&Bullwinkle (atleast if they'd all have funcional local multiplayer and high scores) for starters

Comment

I would like to see the multiplayer menu changed. Right now it is embedded into each table. So you first have to select a specific table, then multiplayer, then XBOX LIVE, then player or ranked match. That is too far embedded down, and most people will get frustrated at finding an online game to play.

At the main menu, there should be a Multiplayer option, and option to select any table or all tables, then quick launch. Maybe a random quick launch to play any table. I really don't care about what table comes up, I just want to play multiplayer online.
                    PSN ID: mdh71

Comment

Lots of good suggestions - keep 'em coming!

Comment

I was just thinking today that it would be nice to have a practice mode where you can place the ball where you want and set it in motion to practice specific shots and saves, possibly on a repeating loop or resetting at the press of a button. I guess this could potentially take some of the fun out of mastering a table, but it would be helpful to get the timing down for those tricky shots or to practice death saves...etc.

Comment

It seems very difficult to get multiplayer matches started, and judging from my friends match rankings others are having this problem too. For the number of people that much be playing this game right now, I'd think the matches would be easy to pair and start pretty quickly. What happens instead is I either keep getting paired with the same guy, who stands there and does nothing so the game won't start, or I try to create one and instead I stand there in an empty room. If it's doing something like pairing with the guy that's been waiting the longest, then that needs to somehow account for people that just get in a room but never start a match - if everyone gets directed to him first, then the truly interested players will never find each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SBVIPER View Post
                            Third, I fully understand that if you change the table settings in the Operator menus that you can't be listed on the Leaderboards. However, one of the settings is to change the color of the dot matrix display. How is changing the display color giving me an advantage over other players so I'm kept off the leaderboards? Changing the Matrix color should not ban you from the boards since it does not make the game easier. Just a thought.
                            Hmmm, I thought this was the only option you could change without being banned from the leaderboards?

For multiplayer: If you always end up with the same guy go to his gamertag, give him bad feedback and you won't ever be matched up with him again.
                            If people quit early you will get Trueskill even if the game doesn't end. I jumped from 1 to 15 after playing a four player 50 %/50 million game on SotD. And I quit after everybody else did.

Suggestions:

-like somebody said the one lock on Buccaneer sends the ball straight to the exit lane in 8 out of 10 cases
                            - the lower bumpers in Rocky & Bullwinkle are too powerful, they also pretty often send the ball straight to the left or right exit lane
                            - Scoring on Rocky & Bullwinkle should be adjusted so that Superscore has a meaning.
                            - some tables are saving the views, others don't
                            - it's way too hard to hit the Oasis on Pasha, in fact every time it happens to me it is pure luck
                            - the right ramp on Rome and the middle ramp on Earth Defense need some adjusting, they tend to send the ball exactly between the two flippers with no way of avoiding this whenever the ball reached about 80 % height on them.
                            - sometimes (I had it on Pasha) in multiball one of the balls just clips through the right flipper into the exit
                            - please get the rights to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and release it for 1200 points or whatever.

Comment

DMD color and flipper sensitivity can be changed in the operators menu without affecting your ability to post to leaderboards.

Comment

Working...
                              X