This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gamester View Post
    I'm getting ready to build a Star Wars themed virtual pinball cabinet using all the best parts (46" LED LCD Playfield, 32" Backglass, REAL DMD), including force feedback (no pun intended). If the yet unannounced wider PC release of this game contains multiple monitor support such that the playfield and a backglass can be on separate monitors, I think I will shed a tear of joy!

And I know I'm reaching here, but if by some miracle they also included DMD support (see an awesome little device called PinDMD), I will be beside myself!

Pinball everywhere is the company line, right? Well, is it 'everywhere' if it's not taking advantage of the very cabinets purpose built for the job? I mean, what better way to showcase this game in all its glory?!

So for the record, I'm more than willing to be a tester if either of the above is under consideration. Would love to be able to use my cab to show off this game. I think it would not only grab the attention of a whole legion of pinball cabinet builders out there, but also would draw new attention to the hobby overall. I mean, you know all the 'gadget' sites out there would be all o
    ver it if they saw this game running full-tilt (pun sort of intended) on a purpose built, themed pincab.
    I'm deliberately holding off doing my cab till I see what OS Zen decide and how many screens they'll work with. The 2 screen with pindmd2 would certainly be the go if supported. Star Wars will certainly be added along with every Zen table they come up with.

Comment

• Now this is something that I would really enjoy. I got other tables in the past but didn't found so appealing. I always didn't knew what the story is, what I have to do, never found some guides... but Star Wars is a familiar universe for me
      www.GamerPET.com - Honest Game Reviews, Gaming Shows and Live Stream
      www.youtube.com/gamerpet - YouTube Channel

Comment

• Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
        Well in the interview with Neil, he said that that's what they were kind of originally going to do, but Lucasarts said no, make some cool unique tables instead of the "let's make a table for every movie" route.
        I guess that makes sense. Its probably easier to focus on a certain setting or character than trying to capture the story from a whole movie.. like having a Death Star table or an Endor Adventures table kind of lends itself well to pinball. I'm just imagining what the wizard modes could be.. there had better be one where we lead the Rebel assault on the Death Star in one of these tables!

EDIT: Ok, I'm sorry but I have elaborate on the Death Star assault wizard mode that's running through my imagination now. It starts out as a 4-ball (or more) multiball and you have to keep the balls in play as you shoot ramps/orbits to evade the laser cannons and TIE fighters.. maybe even having to complete some drop-target banks to take the TIE fighters out. During this time the DMD would look like the view of the X-Wing traveling through the trench. As you get closer to the required number of shots you would hear Vadar saying "The Force is strong with this one..". Once all of the required shots were completed the DMD would change over to looking like the targeting camera view and tell you to lock the balls in some sinkhole to destroy the Death Star. Then of course you would hear Obi-Wan say "Use the Force Luke" right about then. Once the final ball in play was locked you would wins the wizard mode and the DMD would show your X-wing fly away as the Death Star exploded in the background.. Ok I've probably let my imagination run too far here lol..

I did just see the footage of the Clone Wars table table based on the animated series, that playfield looks nice aesthetically.
        ER777
        Last edited by ER777; 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM. Reason: I never really grew up..

Comment

• Originally posted by ER777 View Post
          I guess that makes sense. Its probably easier to focus on a certain setting or character than trying to capture the story from a whole movie.. like having a Death Star table or an Endor Adventures table kind of lends itself well to pinball. I'm just imagining what the wizard modes could be.. there had better be one where we lead the Rebel assault on the Death Star in one of these tables!

EDIT: Ok, I'm sorry but I have elaborate on the Death Star assault wizard mode that's running through my imagination now. It starts out as a 4-ball (or more) multiball and you have to keep the balls in play as you shoot ramps/orbits to evade the laser cannons and TIE fighters.. maybe even having to complete some drop-target banks to take the TIE fighters out. During this time the DMD would look like the view of the X-Wing traveling through the trench. As you get closer to the required number of shots you would hear Vadar saying "The Force is strong with this one..". Once all of the required shots were completed the DMD would change over to looking like the targeting camera view and tell you to lock the balls in some sinkhole to destroy the Death Star. Then of course you would hear Obi-Wan say "Use the Force Luke" right about then. Once the final ball in play was locked you would wins the wizard mode and the DMD would show your X-wing fly away as the Death Star exploded in the background.. Ok I've probably let my imagination run too far here lol..

I did just see the footage of the Clone Wars table table based on the animated series, that playfield looks nice aesthetically.
          Wow you have quite the imagination for a wizard mode. LOL I like that idea.
          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
          Gamertag- RAFIE82
          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Here's an interesting article that has had hands on time with all 3 tables.

Love the idea of different stages during each scene in Empire Strikes Back. Might be the most popular of the 3 pack but it's too early to decide that.

Sounds like the Boba Fett table is going to be pretty interesting. They didn't say much about Clone Wars than other than it appears to be difficult rule set. Very intriguing indeed. Can't wait to see more info released for Zen on each table.

Hopefully they'll release a trailer for each table each week before the initial release which is a little more than 2 weeks away. End of February is a little more than 2 weeks away. They did say the end of February right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ER777 View Post
              I would guess there's going to be a table that follows the story line (at least loosely) for each of the movies. That would leave 4 character-specific tables starting with Boba Fett. Then maybe Yoda, Darth Vadar, and Han Solo? I guess there are a lot of options..
              I think even one of the first three is neither and based off of the cartoon (movie, Tv?,) "The Clone Wars."
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                Here's an interesting article that has had hands on time with all 3 tables.

Love the idea of different stages during each scene in Empire Strikes Back. Might be the most popular of the 3 pack but it's too early to decide that.

Sounds like the Boba Fett table is going to be pretty interesting. They didn't say much about Clone Wars than other than it appears to be difficult rule set. Very intriguing indeed. Can't wait to see more info released for Zen on each table.

Hopefully they'll release a trailer for each table each week before the initial release which is a little more than 2 weeks away. End of February is a little more than 2 weeks away. They did say the end of February right?
                Good article, for sure. Neil said in the Up at Noon interview that they are shooting for "around the 27th, I don't know" lol

Anyways, I REALLY hope these don't get delayed, but if they do, I know it'll still be worth it.
                snakeman07
                Banned
                Last edited by snakeman07; 02-11-2013, 04:50 AM. Reason: PLEASE DON'T DELAY THESE TABLES! ;)

Comment

Good article, for sure. Neil said in the Up at Noon interview that they are shooting for "around the 27th, I don't know" lol

Anyways, I REALLY hope these don't get delayed, but if they do, I know it'll still be worth it.
                  Indeed. Even so I really hope they stick their word that it will be released by the end of the month. In the meantime, I need to hone some skills and refresh myself with all the tables If I will take a crack at Fracas's tourney starting this week. Don't think I'll be able to participate though. I've been so busy with work and it's a good thing. I'll still try to find some time playing Zen pinball when the Star wars Tables come out.

From Article
                  In one gameplay mode designed to mimic Han Solo's potshots at Darth Vader on Bespin, a virtual version of the Sith lord will rise from beneath the table surface. If Vader is fired upon with a ball, he'll simply Force push the ball out of harm's way, crushing it.
                  Oh Can't wait to see this.
                  tenorhero
                  Last edited by tenorhero; 02-11-2013, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Wow! I can't wait to see that Force Push with the ball. That ball is going to flying across that table. LOL Or Jedi Mind Trick the ball into going SDTM.
                    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                    Gamertag- RAFIE82
                    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
                      I am so stoked! I hope two of the upcoming tables will be based on The Star Wars Christmas Special and the two made for TV Ewok movies (the one with Wilford Brimley rocked!) Throw in an Ewoks cartoon one too and it'll be fur ball heaven.
                      Time to sing the best cartoon theme song ever:
                      "We are the E E E E E E Ewoks and we're living in the forest trees!
                      We are brave and we are bold, like or story tellers told,
                      We are strong and we will fight, and we will stand up for our rights!
                      "We are the E E E E E E Ewoks and we're living in the forest trees!"

I can't believe I remember that.

Will Porkins from Ep 3 get a table?
                      I really wanted a table that featured Lumpy and Bea Arthur. COME ON, It is *canon* after all!

Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
                      First off I love you guys' work and am super excited for the new table. I was wonder with all the work it must take getting the new tables ready is there still work being done to fix bugs on existing tables? .
                      Of course!!!

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                      Here's an interesting article that has had hands on time with all 3 tables.

Yep. We'll have trailers for each one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafie View Post
                        Wow! I can't wait to see that Force Push with the ball. That ball is going to flying across that table. LOL Or Jedi Mind Trick the ball into going SDTM.
                        "Charles, you are so naive"

Comment

"Charles, you are so naive"
                          Which reminds me. I need to finally finish that table once and for all. You and Shogun both beat it so easily when ZP2 first dropped. Darn you guys to heck! LOL
                          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                          Gamertag- RAFIE82
                          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Comment

Which reminds me. I need to finally finish that table once and for all. You and Shogun both beat it so easily when ZP2 first dropped. Darn you guys to heck! LOL
                            DUDE! Get to work

Comment

• i need to know when we could expect it to release so i can decide to spend what i have on zen or spend it on upcoming TPA tables i don't have a lot of choices right now
                              RabidShark
                              Last edited by RabidShark; 02-12-2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

To be fair, X-Men is my second favorite table outside of Blade. Not to mention, I've already had all of the trophies on ZP1 and MP. It wasn't so hard to do it again on ZP2.

Comment

Working...
                                X