Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Pinball

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rafie View Post
    Zen Pinball 1 is no longer supported. Any new tables released will be releasing on the Zen Pinball 2 format. Also if its a Marvel table, then the table will show up and both Marvel Pinball and Zen Pinball 2. So basically any future tables (Star Wars, etc) will be on Zen Pinball 2.

    Star Wars Pinball will also have a standalone format like Marvel Pinball for all future Star Wars tables. Still, they will all show up on Zen Pinball 2.
    Honestly, what's the point of this? Is this required for some sort of licensing deal? Personally, since ZP2 is a free download, what's wrong with simply including them in ZP2. I'm personally not a fan of multiple games for the same table on the same platform... I understand why you did it for Marvel Pinball (likely contractual since Marvel was out first), but why Star Wars? Is it always going to be like this? At the very least, must they have separate trophy lists???

    Comment


    • Originally posted by skippycue View Post
      Honestly, what's the point of this? Is this required for some sort of licensing deal? Personally, since ZP2 is a free download, what's wrong with simply including them in ZP2. I'm personally not a fan of multiple games for the same table on the same platform... I understand why you did it for Marvel Pinball (likely contractual since Marvel was out first), but why Star Wars? Is it always going to be like this? At the very least, must they have separate trophy lists???
      I'm asking the same questions. It just doesn't make sense to me.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
        I'm asking the same questions. It just doesn't make sense to me.
        Better advertising, I suppose. People will see Star Wars pinball in the store, buy it (not knowing anything about ZP2), then later find out about ZP2 and all it has to offer. Or, for the sake of Star Wars nuts in general, the menus and features will certainly catch their fancy. I don't know, it does seem a bit odd considering it'll be a separate release which means more money to do so, but I think with it being Star Wars people will notice it better, especially the Star Wars nuts. Something along those lines.

        Comment


        • Has barbie confirmed that there is going to be a standalone Star Wars pinball app for "Sony's platforms" as mentioned in that article that Beard posted below? I know she has confirmed it for the mobile platforms. And I know that various news outlets can mess up release dates and other info so this may or may not be correct for the ps3/vita.

          I can understand the motivation behind having a separate Star Wars pinball app. Especially for digital marketplaces like the iOS app store where it is easy to get lost in an ocean of shovelware. Like others have said, having a separate app gives Zen a better chance to advertise the new SW tables to those who may not be familiar with Zen Pinball or digital pinball in general. Everyone knows Star Wars! And it probably gives them a better chance of being featured in the app store and actually making it into the top charts.

          But it leaves us "hardcore" (for lack of a better word) players in an awkward situation. This will divide the pinball community because both apps will not share leaderboards. And for me and I am sure others here, we like to compete for high scores. I am currently 4th in the pro score leaderboard for ZP on iOS. If I buy the standalone app, I am sure my pro score will go down for the ZP app. But I like competition and I have a feeling that more people are going to buy the standalone app. And I refuse to buy the same tables twice for the same platform. Zen already gets plenty of money from me because I triple dip on the PS3, Mac, and iOS platforms. So it leaves me in a strange situation. Which SW tables do I buy, the standalone app or the tables for ZP? And if it true that the ps3 is going to have a standalone SW app as well, which should I buy? Or will we be able to import SW pinball into the ZP2 app for free on the PS3 platform? It is all very confusing.
          Last edited by surf1der; 02-13-2013, 10:15 PM.

          Comment


          • star wars will not be stand alone for consoles , its comming straight to zp2 , thats what i understood from the gamesradar video.
            i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

            Comment


            • Hey Maink,

              Did you read that article above that Bearded Warrior posted above? It says that Sony platforms are going to have a standalone release. I don't think Barbie has confirmed or denied this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                Has barbie confirmed that there is going to be a standalone Star Wars pinball app for "Sony's platforms" as mentioned in that article that Beard posted below? I know she has confirmed it for the mobile platforms. And I know that various news outlets can mess up release dates and other info so this may or may not be correct for the ps3/vita.
                .
                Yes! There will be. One reason we wanted SWP to be a separate game on PSN was because we have some seriously awesome features lined up for it that are specific to Star Wars and wouldn't really work in Zen Pinball 2. If you read the GI article, it explains it a bit. You can either be on the Light Side or Dark Side and the main menu will change depending on the SWP community, and will show which side is "winning." There are also rankings for the top players (10 Sith and 12 Jedi form the councils). We'll of course have more details later on about importing, leaderboards, etc. It's gonna be AWESOME!

                Comment


                • Sounds cool. If I had to choose now, I am definitely going to the Dark Side. The whole Jedi celibacy thing causes nothing but problems. Just ask Darth Vader.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                    Yes! There will be. One reason we wanted SWP to be a separate game on PSN was because we have some seriously awesome features lined up for it that are specific to Star Wars and wouldn't really work in Zen Pinball 2. If you read the GI article, it explains it a bit. You can either be on the Light Side or Dark Side and the main menu will change depending on the SWP community, and will show which side is "winning." There are also rankings for the top players (10 Sith and 12 Jedi form the councils). We'll of course have more details later on about importing, leaderboards, etc. It's gonna be AWESOME!
                    So for me it would make sense to market this as Star Wars Pinball only, and leave it out of ZP2... It's hard enough earning these trophies once, lol!

                    Comment


                    • cool , no i cannot read the article the letters are too small ,the gamesradar said comming as dlc. so it is comming as a stand alone to psn , do we get to import to zp2 ? , does that mean we get new gold trophies or even a platinum ?
                      i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by maink View Post
                        cool , no i cannot read the article the letters are too small ,the gamesradar said comming as dlc. so it is comming as a stand alone to psn , do we get to import to zp2 ? , does that mean we get new gold trophies or even a platinum ?
                        Like I said above, we'll have more details on how it will all work once we get closer to launch.

                        Comment


                        • cool cannot wait the see the new options in main menu .. new multiplayer streaming ? custom soundtracks ? ,, arghh i ll just wait lol
                          i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                            Sounds cool. If I had to choose now, I am definitely going to the Dark Side. The whole Jedi celibacy thing causes nothing but problems. Just ask Darth Vader.
                            The Iris' of my eyes glow yellow as well....

                            Celibacy......silly Jedi!
                            Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-14-2013, 06:48 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by maink View Post
                              cool , no i cannot read the article the letters are too small ,the gamesradar said comming as dlc. so it is comming as a stand alone to psn , do we get to import to zp2 ? , does that mean we get new gold trophies or even a platinum ?
                              Save the images and zoom in! It's worth the read

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by snakeman07 View Post
                                Better advertising, I suppose. People will see Star Wars pinball in the store, buy it (not knowing anything about ZP2), then later find out about ZP2 and all it has to offer. Or, for the sake of Star Wars nuts in general, the menus and features will certainly catch their fancy. I don't know, it does seem a bit odd considering it'll be a separate release which means more money to do so, but I think with it being Star Wars people will notice it better, especially the Star Wars nuts. Something along those lines.
                                Honestly Snake I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually why they're doing that. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint. We actually may gain a few Star Wars fans over to the pinball side. Just in case they are wondering if the Star Wars tables are this good, what else does Zen have that's good as this?! Yeah that makes sense to me.
                                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

                                Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X