No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have no idea why i find the challenges for all the scenes on this table hard.

But holy hell. I dunno... the only scene that i can constantly finish is the 1st scene.

my high score sucks, it's just over 100 million. That was mainly due to having sith/jedi and tie fighter multiball going on at the same time and just juicing all the jackpots for quite a while. As well as having finished scene 1 and a couple other checkpoints.

i must ask this though: Any hints on finishing the FPS training mode? Wow that's annoying.

Loving the table though, especially all the stackable multiball modes.

Comment

Originally posted by ER777 View Post
      Ok, be honest.. how long did it take for everyone to figure out that when the lightsaber drops the ball into the inlanes you can make it switch sides? I took me quite a while to figure that out, but it is really handy for some of the modes now that I know.
      well for me, the first time that the it happened.

no joke. Hit the other trigger "oh, you can move it!!!"

then again, i also kinda figured that out from watching some of the preview videos. BTW, and a giant "of course". The first time i did that, i moved the lightsaber VERY late, and i dropped the ball right down one of the outlanes into "drain zone" and my bang back didn't work.

speaking of bang backs, hate to switch the topic. But i'm a goddamn master at bang backs on the boba fett table! Even when i have the whip save active. Boba fett table is very bang back friendly.

Even this episode V table is bang back friendly... however, i'm much more successful at doing it on the fett table.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
        i must ask this though: Any hints on finishing the FPS training mode? Wow that's annoying.
        Just hold the right flipper down for the direction it's going to shoot, and the launch button when it shoots up.

Comment

This table is so addicting. For starters I usually for the training mission. Extra balls are somewhat easy to come by.

-Start off by hitting the empire ramp (Left Ramp) then it opens that middle swoop.
          -Then I shoot the FORCE lane and don't even use the right flipper.
          -let it fall down and it will automatically shoot the swoop
          -do it enough times to light the 'Jedi Training' mode
          -complete the training mode then 'Extra ball' will be lit

There are other ways to light extra ball.

Completing 3 scenes will light extra ball as well.

Maxing out multipliers is one.

Random reward for lighting EMPIRE When you choose from different characters

It happened to me during imperial multiball. Shoot the FORCE Lane and try to hit the TIE fighter target during that multiball. It lit extra ball for me. Or perhaps it was a random reward that was lit for me.

Again Table is fun and my favorite. (still not beating Fear Itself) BOBA is right up there too but ESB has a better flow and well more interesting mechanics with stacking.

On another note I think I got all extra balls and got some YODA rewards for wizard mode but still could not beat scene 6. I've beaten it several times (in different games) but my latest game I could not do it. Got frustrating. I lost all my ball on that last scene. I was yelling at the TV I was so frustrated. Could have gotten a pretty good score just finishing Scene 6, I was at 299m so not sure what I could have done if I had beaten Scene 6.
          Last edited by tenorhero; 03-05-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Sounds cut out

I know it's probably because I'm on the 1st gen iPad, but.....

...on this table, the sounds (which are freakin awesome) of the voices and flippers will randomly stop while playing sometimes. I have to close the app and restart it to get them back. The background music and *some* sounds still play though, so I'll usually finish my game then restart it. Any ideas on this?

Comment

Got the Silver trophy tonight and 367 million score, not bad. Love this table, what do you think is the best reward to get from Yoda? I just kept choosing the extra time one, I think it adds 15 seconds. I'm not sure an extra ball would be helpful but I think increasing the jackpots might and the extra lane.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
                Got the Silver trophy tonight and 367 million score, not bad. Love this table, what do you think is the best reward to get from Yoda? I just kept choosing the extra time one, I think it adds 15 seconds. I'm not sure an extra ball would be helpful but I think increasing the jackpots might and the extra lane.

I think that's the beauty of this table. I add extra jackpot lanes and increased jackpot values + increased time. I would know for sure if I can consistently beat scene 6. So far that's the one giving the most trouble with STDM balls losses. The center loop always gives me problems as well as the loop where the spinners are. You have to be pretty accurate with those shots or you can lose the ball very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                  I think that's the beauty of this table. I add extra jackpot lanes and increased jackpot values + increased time. I would know for sure if I can consistently beat scene 6. So far that's the one giving the most trouble with STDM balls losses. The center loop always gives me problems as well as the loop where the spinners are. You have to be pretty accurate with those shots or you can lose the ball very quickly.
                  Hint: What Yoda once gives, takes back he not

Comment

Originally posted by deep View Post
                    In 1 Game you ment , or in new Game i start ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
                      In 1 Game you ment , or in new Game i start ?
                      I think he meant the entire game. So if you do a second Wizard mode you maintain all of the gifts Yoda gives you. Is the that it deep?

Comment

Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                        I think he meant the entire game. So if you do a second Wizard mode you maintain all of the gifts Yoda gives you. Is the that it deep?
                        No carry over, just in one game.

Comment

No carry over, just in one game.

Yeah say you get to your second or 3rd wizard (I'f you're that lucky) it carries over. Not to your next game.

Comment

This is a nice feature. I wish there were incentives like this for making it through all the missions multiple times on every table.

I think I even saw mission timers pause while balls were stuck bouncing in the pop-bumpers on this table, kudos for that (assuming I'm not mistaken).

Comment

Originally posted by ER777 View Post
                              This is a nice feature. I wish there were incentives like this for making it through all the missions multiple times on every table.

I think I even saw mission timers pause while balls were stuck bouncing in the pop-bumpers on this table, kudos for that (assuming I'm not mistaken).
                              The timers pause if 1 ball is on the playfield and it's busy with bumpers, or Yoda and Empire awards, or starts a Force hurry up, even if the Hyperspace multiball initiates.

Comment

The timers pause if 1 ball is on the playfield and it's busy with bumpers, or Yoda and Empire awards, or starts a Force hurry up, even if the Hyperspace multiball initiates.
                                Agree: I noticed the timer pausing and thought it was a great feature, can be very annoying when the timer is ticking down and you're stuck willing your ball to drop out of the bumpers.

Does anyone know if there is a max limit on the Vader Frenzy amount? It's pretty easy to get and hit once started so thought it would be interesting to know. Think I had it up to 400k per shot without particularly going for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X