No announcement yet.

Bug bug bugZ on ESB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you helped Deep to precisely identify a nasty game-ending bug, which I presume will lead to a fix with the next update. So hopefully other people will be thanking you too or at least thinking it to themselves if not saying it. I'm glad to just know about what causes it so I can make sure to avoid it myself.

Comment

Not sure if this is a bug but I had 9x multiplier, no extra ball lit.

Comment

No bug, tried again and got to 9x plus one more set of rollovers lights the extra ball.

Comment

how to avoid the Yoda - FREEZE

i only run in to this Bug , if i go for the kast Yoda Letter "A" & AT-ST Hurryup (or R2D2 ) are running at the same time .....
          those to Hurryups let the upper Bumpertowers Glow & Spinn arround ....
          i can always avoid this bug if i let the Hurryup Countown run down if Yoda is ready to lock the ball for choosing a Gift

Comment

I found another bug and I'll try to explain how I think it happened.

I started "AT-ST Rush" as a reward from spelling FORCE. While it was still active I started Scene 5 checkpoint 1. Normally during Scene 5, shooting the right ramp causes the ball to drop into the upper-left sinkhole and then down to the right mini flipper. When the AT-ST mode ended the ball wouldn't drop down but instead went through the cloud city spinner and down to the left flipper. Since it was impossible to progress Scene 5 I just waited for it to fail and started again. Everything worked fine after restarting the mission.

I'm really happy with all the new tables, but this is easily one of my overall favorites. Nice job deep!

Comment

Originally posted by MightyIronHead View Post
              I found another bug and I'll try to explain how I think it happened.

I started "AT-ST Rush" as a reward from spelling FORCE. While it was still active I started Scene 5 checkpoint 1. Normally during Scene 5, shooting the right ramp causes the ball to drop into the upper-left sinkhole and then down to the right mini flipper. When the AT-ST mode ended the ball wouldn't drop down but instead went through the cloud city spinner and down to the left flipper. Since it was impossible to progress Scene 5 I just waited for it to fail and started again. Everything worked fine after restarting the mission.

I'm really happy with all the new tables, but this is easily one of my overall favorites. Nice job deep!
              Thank you for the report, this has slipped through. Although you can manually stop the ball in Cloud City with the lanuch button any time.

Comment

Best table ruined

Yep I had 1.3 billion on ball one with five extra balls and the empire reward has screwed me twice. Looks like I'm not going to win this one. My strategy involves going that way so I'm screwed. Hats off to the guy with 4.4 bill. I'm not taking that risk.

Comment

Omg

Unbelievable. Bug after bug after bug! Why?! I've been such a huge supporter of zen and now I think this might be my last purchase. It disgusts me that potentially the best table in the game has game breaking bugs. Pathetic and inexcusable. I just wish there was pride in the work especially with the time put into it. I finally figure a way around the glitch that freeZes the game but then the stupid trap door opens and I'm stuck with it my face for the rest of the game! No matter what I did it couldn't be fixed. I got so disgusted I just tilted every ball I had and recorded the score but I'm definitely calling it a quits. Take some time to fix your tables zen! Whether its expensive or not because this table should have been your masterpiece. Was looking that way at first

Comment

Originally posted by Lolo Nalu View Post
                    ?..but then the stupid trap door opens and I'm stuck with it my face for the rest of the game! No matter what I did it couldn't be fixed....
                    I had this too but didn't post it as I'm not sure what events were happening at the time. I carried on playing and it eventually closed after about 20 minutes of playing.

Comment

Unfortunately on 360 it works something like this…

- Barbie reports bug to the ‘team’.
                      - ‘Team’ say we can fix this with a patch.
                      - Man responsible for authorizing money for the patch says no.
                      - Bug remains.

Underpinning this is the fact that most of the casuals don’t find these bugs. Seeing as they form the vast majority
                      of customers there is even less of a reason to fix them.

I think I read somewhere that a patch costs $25,000. If that’s true then probably over 2500 of us could
                      refuse to buy the tables and it still wouldn’t outweigh the cost.

I guess there is the loss of goodwill to consider and the fact that us here on the forum are the most vocal supporters
                      of FX2 – I don’t know how you quantify that financially.

Personally I didn’t buy the Star Wars tables because I suspected there would be problems with either
                      bugs or scoring balance. I wont be buying any more tables unless this improves. Zen should have this stuff
                      down to a fine art by now.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
                        I had this too but didn't post it as I'm not sure what events were happening at the time. I carried on playing and it eventually closed after about 20 minutes of playing.

Ok good so there is something that triggers it to shut I guess. Still the fact remains that they should have this down to a fine art by now. I shouldn't have to deliberately play around the bugs because zen messed up

Comment

Originally posted by Alipan View Post
                          Personally I didn’t buy the Star Wars tables because I suspected there would be problems with either
                          bugs or scoring balance. I wont be buying any more tables unless this improves. Zen should have this stuff
                          down to a fine art by now.

Agreed. I wish I hadn't bought the tables and I should have known better by now. Ill continue to play the tables I have and that's it. I may ask around to see if any future tables have bugs before I buy.

Star Wars V went from being potentially the best table to around the fourth worst for me. Extreme, FF4, Paranormal are probably still worse than Star Wars but I hate to put it among those.
                          Last edited by Lolo Nalu; 03-19-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Found a third game breaker

Ok so apparently if you get to 1 mil on Vadar Frenzy it gives you a multiball and if you so happen to open scene six like me then all your balls will drain meaning its ball lost. I thought I could live with that until I realized that I would not get a new ball in return. Game just locked again! Got to love it.

I might just rank this below paranormal because at least there is a mode that you can use with no game breakers in paranormal.
                            Last edited by Lolo Nalu; 03-19-2013, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deep View Post
                              Just found the Empire award bug: if you have all 3 kickbacks, AND the multipliers held, AND there is no other awards left than this 2 (kickback, multi held), it will crash.

Still searching the yoda related one.
                              I thought I'd better add to this because I just had the Empire Award game freeze when I still had 9 characters to choose from. I counted them because I was making sure that whenever there were only 2 left, I would drain the ball to turn off the Saber Save, get an Empire Award and then get my Saber Save back. Apparently this is not safe though!

I did have all 3 kickbacks and had already received the Multipliers Held bonus on the ball I was playing. As the previous poster of the bug noted, my Xbox was completely unresponsive, including the Guide button and all I could do was turn off the Xbox.

Please could you advise if there's any safe strategy that can be employed to avoid this...and if it doesn't involve turning off a kickback/ ball save then all the better because obviously the main strategy for a high score is to keep them active.
                              Last edited by Spirit X; 03-20-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit X View Post
                                I thought I'd better add to this because I just had the Empire Award game freeze when I still had 9 characters to choose from. I counted them because I was making sure that whenever there were only 2 left, I would drain the ball to turn off the Saber Save, get an Empire Award and then get my Saber Save back. Apparently this is not safe though!

I did have all 3 kickbacks and had already received the Multipliers Held bonus on the ball I was playing. As the previous poster of the bug noted, my Xbox was completely unresponsive, including the Guide button and all I could do was turn off the Xbox.

Please could you advise if there's any safe strategy that can be employed to avoid this...and if it doesn't involve turning off a kickback/ ball save then all the better because obviously the main strategy for a high score is to keep them active.
                                Hmm, thats very odd. In theory, it would have been work. I don't know any circumstances where this workaround not works. Did you unlock all the characters before once or more? If yes, the case could have been the same situation as described, because the selectable characters not necessarily equals the available awards. They could go out of sync.

Comment

Working...
                                X