Bug bug bugZ on ESB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wims View Post
    - No right kickback / saber saver activated when we shoot the flashing right ramp, finishing to spell YODA (and may be when AT-AT mode is starting).
    Yeah it's really annoying when you think you are about to activate the saber saver and it doesn't reward you.

Also, I'm playing on PS3 and the table has twice frozen at the same kind of position: ball 1 and I shoot the ramp to spell 'YODA' and rather than offer the choice of reward the ball disappears and the game locks. Music plays, I can flip still and even save the game but when you continue the saved game it is still in the same position.

This is my favourite ever Zen table, even with all the bugs...

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit X View Post
      I thought I'd better add to this because I just had the Empire Award game freeze when I still had 9 characters to choose from. I counted them because I was making sure that whenever there were only 2 left, I would drain the ball to turn off the Saber Save, get an Empire Award and then get my Saber Save back. Apparently this is not safe though!

I did have all 3 kickbacks and had already received the Multipliers Held bonus on the ball I was playing. As the previous poster of the bug noted, my Xbox was completely unresponsive, including the Guide button and all I could do was turn off the Xbox.

Please could you advise if there's any safe strategy that can be employed to avoid this...and if it doesn't involve turning off a kickback/ ball save then all the better because obviously the main strategy for a high score is to keep them active.

I have had the same problem as you. What I do unfortunately after multipliers are held I drain my saber saver every single time I go for empire reward. Best bet. Sorry I know it sucks. Technically it's still not safe because it puts you at risk of losing ball. At least you don't freeze

Comment

Originally posted by deep View Post
        Hmm, thats very odd. In theory, it would have been work. I don't know any circumstances where this workaround not works. Did you unlock all the characters before once or more? If yes, the case could have been the same situation as described, because the selectable characters not necessarily equals the available awards. They could go out of sync.
        Yes I had already been through all the characters two or three times I think so sounds like they were indeed out of sync as you suggest.

For anyone else reading, while playing recently I've noticed that there are only really 2 big game breaking bugs to try and avoid. All the freezes that occur when activating FORCE Hurry Ups, Multiballs and YODA awards seem to be caused by the LANDO letter bug. That is to say that if you have all your kickbacks active and you start any mode when no LANDO letters are lit, the game will freeze. If it happens when starting a FORCE Hurry Up, just be patient and after 10-15 seconds a new ball will be auto-plunged into play. For the other modes, on some occassions you can tilt the table to drain your ball and carry on playing but more often than not you just have to restart the game. This bug is very difficult to avoid because, as just happened to me, various modes often start up as a result of accidental shots/ bounces, especially during multiball so it's just pot luck really.

The second one is the Empire Award bug which, as discussed above, can strike at any time once you've been through the characters, have been awarded Multipliers Held and have all 3 kickbacks active, so the only way to avoid it seems to be to not use the Saber Saver.

Do put me straight if any of that doesn't seem right Deep.

Please tell us these will be fixed. Will it be released like this on the standalone Star Wars Pinball when that hits Xbox? And if not then will you be able to import tables from SW Pinball into FX 2...because if so we can download the SW Pinball table (which presumably will be fixed) into our games without you having to release a patch. I know I'm probably clutching at straws there but it occurred to me that this may be possible. As it stands I've played 5 games this week, keen to put in a good tournament score, and I've had 5 game freezes , the last of which occurred when I was just approaching 3 billion, so I feel like I've had enough and I'm ready to turn in my flippers

Comment

Originally posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
          in my first game ever i had a bug after starting Cloud City Multiball ...it startet without any Balls , TILT not possible..
          today the same f''k with the TIE-Fighter Multiball ..,TIE-Fighter arrives ,no Balls , TIE flys away & Table not able to be tilt ...
          it was my first try for the tournament .... shame on those stupid bugs ...i have 4-5 mates who would have bought all Tables , because they liked playing them
          at my home ... but they wont, because of the bugs ....
          Hey Deep,

I just had this same bug. The TIE fighter multiball started, the tie flew on to the screen, but no balls were launched, then the TIE fighter flew away. I'm not sure if this is related to the YODA bug but I did have both kickbacks lit and the saber saver lit as well and none of the LANDO rollovers were lit.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit X View Post
            Yes I had already been through all the characters two or three times I think so sounds like they were indeed out of sync as you suggest.

For anyone else reading, while playing recently I've noticed that there are only really 2 big game breaking bugs to try and avoid. All the freezes that occur when activating FORCE Hurry Ups, Multiballs and YODA awards seem to be caused by the LANDO letter bug. That is to say that if you have all your kickbacks active and you start any mode when no LANDO letters are lit, the game will freeze. If it happens when starting a FORCE Hurry Up, just be patient and after 10-15 seconds a new ball will be auto-plunged into play. For the other modes, on some occassions you can tilt the table to drain your ball and carry on playing but more often than not you just have to restart the game. This bug is very difficult to avoid because, as just happened to me, various modes often start up as a result of accidental shots/ bounces, especially during multiball so it's just pot luck really.

The second one is the Empire Award bug which, as discussed above, can strike at any time once you've been through the characters, have been awarded Multipliers Held and have all 3 kickbacks active, so the only way to avoid it seems to be to not use the Saber Saver.

Do put me straight if any of that doesn't seem right Deep.

Please tell us these will be fixed. Will it be released like this on the standalone Star Wars Pinball when that hits Xbox? And if not then will you be able to import tables from SW Pinball into FX 2...because if so we can download the SW Pinball table (which presumably will be fixed) into our games without you having to release a patch. I know I'm probably clutching at straws there but it occurred to me that this may be possible. As it stands I've played 5 games this week, keen to put in a good tournament score, and I've had 5 game freezes , the last of which occurred when I was just approaching 3 billion, so I feel like I've had enough and I'm ready to turn in my flippers
            These are correct you wrote. I have fixed them already and I hope we can release the fixed versions sooner than later. Thanks guys for the patience and support!

Comment

Originally posted by surf1der View Post
              Hey Deep,

I just had this same bug. The TIE fighter multiball started, the tie flew on to the screen, but no balls were launched, then the TIE fighter flew away. I'm not sure if this is related to the YODA bug but I did have both kickbacks lit and the saber saver lit as well and none of the LANDO rollovers were lit.
              Yes, unfortunately it was realted to the LANDO problem. Light 1 rollover and you are safe from this kind of bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by deep View Post
                I have fixed them already and I hope we can release the fixed versions sooner than later. Thanks guys for the patience and support!
                well patience is something i have had but it is running thin. i really think the scores should be wiped clean with fixed versions. At least when it comes to major game breakers. you wiped the rocky and bullwinkle scores once before and I'm totally fine with it happening again. even my paranormal score of 2 trillion

Comment

What would be the logic of wiping the scores on the Episode V table? They are game ending bugs, not scoring bugs. Eliminating them would increase scores not decrease them. I see no reason to to cause an uproar by resetting the leaderboard. In fact, it takes a lot of careful management to avoid the game ending bugs making those scores even more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by surf1der View Post
                    What would be the logic of wiping the scores on the Episode V table? They are game ending bugs, not scoring bugs. Eliminating them would increase scores not decrease them. I see no reason to to cause an uproar by resetting the leaderboard. In fact, it takes a lot of careful management to avoid the game ending bugs making those scores even more impressive.

Maybe you're right. Extreme and FF4 are the two tables I'm thinking of the most.

I assure you though even if they weren't reset for ESB V and bugs were fixed then those scores would be a thing of the past. I'm a pretty decent player but there are way better players than me out there and they can put up insane scores.

If there were no bugs, I'm thinking somewhere in the area of 50 billion at least. Probably way more. Table is similar to Ms. SplosionMan scoring wise. Top lead on Xbox is 70 billion and ESB V is actually easier

Comment

Oh sh....t !!

I was ball 1.2 with 4,5 billions on FX2... and simply take the right ramp to activate Bespin multiball... the mode starts... Hello mister Stormtrooper, what's up ?.. And why do you continuelly shoot the table like that, there's no ball on it cause Lando is off !

And next month, let's play the Boba Fett's tournament with other new new new bugs. It will be just different and less complex to explain : here you'll just see the ball fall
                      French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

trouble shouting.

Several bug on Esb, I'm trying to make the best for tournament but table bug playing the second ball and I'm looking for my ball....no ball, can't tilt, I quit the game and back it, always the same thing no ball. I must restart the game. Wims give good informations. For the moment I try again and again, but always bug trouble. Thanks to Wims for his job.

Comment

Originally posted by gold wheelchair View Post
                          Several bug on Esb, I'm trying to make the best for tournament but table bug playing the second ball and I'm looking for my ball....no ball, can't tilt, I quit the game and back it, always the same thing no ball. I must restart the game. Wims give good informations. For the moment I try again and again, but always bug trouble. Thanks to Wims for his job.
                          Thanks to you fracas to support this request.

Zen you've really disappointed many fans with all these bugs in tournament, players like Lolo Nalu, kefran, goldwheelchair, elmafioso, ultime fafa, jltcc, tptime, me and more others...

You really must work on a patch, on FX2 that would be good too, and never realise tables for sale before a best beta-test time.

Deep you work on this table : it's obvious best players will begin to activate 3 kickbacks, then take the empire ramp to get random award like... bonus EOB (random award like this, it's an aberration in the scoring). And the bug is on there.

I'm just really surprised cause Zen always said the team love to play pinball, but in reality you don't play on yours. I know your time is precious but if I understand, you just test them with a machine, entering data, and today I can tell you that can't work anymore.

Barbie will make an eternal job, reporting bugs for the team, if you continue in this logic.

I really hope next tables will be realised without any bugs.
                          French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

I think business is more important for Zen now
                            A patch in 10 years maybe

Comment

Originally posted by tptime33 View Post
                              I think business is more important for Zen now
                              A patch in 10 years maybe
                              We will see one within the next month or so.

For the PS3/Vita, we will probably see a patch when the next table releases. The PSN versions of the game requires an update/patch to add in DLC. They can just kill two birds with one stone by adding the patch to the update. After all, there is no size limit when it comes to updates on the PSN.

The iOS, Mac and Android versions shouldn't have any problem getting the patch either.

The Windows 8 version and 360 versions are going to be a little more tricky. There is a 4MB size limit on patches (on the 360 at least) and the cost is ridiculous from what I've hear.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                                We will see one within the next month or so.

For the PS3/Vita, we will probably see a patch when the next table releases. The PSN versions of the game requires an update/patch to add in DLC. They can just kill two birds with one stone by adding the patch to the update. After all, there is no size limit when it comes to updates on the PSN.

The iOS, Mac and Android versions shouldn't have any problem getting the patch either.

The Windows 8 version and 360 versions are going to be a little more tricky. There is a 4MB size limit on patches (on the 360 at least) and the cost is ridiculous from what I've hear.
                                I asked today, and we are going to release a patch soon for Xbox 360. The other platforms are easier to patch, so the bugs will be fixed everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X