Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROD
    Guest replied
    I'm disappointed that the Death Star multiball glitched out on me. The ball went into the mission hole instead of the usual drop after failing to lock the 4th ball! That sucked!! The Death Star multiball was permanently unavailable for the rest of my game. I had my jackpot value at 75M & 3 balls left.

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Thanks surf1der.

Leave a comment:

• surf1der
    replied
    Hey STTC:

There is also "Dark Side of the Force" started by repeated hits to the AT-ST spinner.

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Thanks deep, hey if you have any tips and tricks would absolutely love to hear them.

Leave a comment:

• deep
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Anyone got a list of the Hurry Up Modes, would be grateful as I'm starting to write up the Guide.
    I think I can help you

Feed the Worrt
    Find Salacious Crumb
    Haggling with a Hutt
    Floating C-3PO
    Super Death Star

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Anyone got a list of the Hurry Up Modes, would be grateful as I'm starting to write up the Guide.

Leave a comment:

• tenorhero
    replied
    Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
    Just wanted to add my views on this table after putting in some proper time playing it. Overall this is my favourite table out of them all and I'm including all Marvel and original tables. Zen really have just got better an better at perfecting all aspects of their releases, here's what I like, for what it's worth:
    • The challenge! I love the fact it's not all about activating kick-backs and ball-saves and you can feel some peril- much more like real pinball.
    • The lighting is right up my street, love when the table dims during certain missions etc. and those flashers under the slingshots really pop. Personally I like their increased strength too, again it feels more real to me.
    • The sound effects are great, those Ewoks make me smile. That being said it seems a shame to me that there isn't a more noticeable and cool sound when you hit the spinning disk when it has the four little poles up.
    • Love the R2D2 bumper save, a great feature that I'm sure wasn't borrowed from anywhere ..(cough.. Wizard of Oz)
    • Talking of R2D2, I think the projected hologram loop is superb! Not only does it look nice it is such fun and so satisfying when you complete some consecutive loops, nice reward too if you do.
    • The chance to restart a mission straight after failing, I think the timer is perfectly set on that and it gives you a decent chance but not a gimme.
    • Anyone else agree that the Speeder Bike mini game is the best of any table? It's a challenge without being a grind, looks cool and I really like the fact it shows your current record before each try starts.
    • Love locking the balls in the hole for multiball, looks ace when the ball drops down the playfield and is sucked back up, nice effect!
    • The Wizard mode is perfect too, the lighting is superb and I like that it's timed and the ending where you have to lock all four balls as quick as you can is a great idea.

Those are the main bits I like anyway

PS: that story about Admiral Ackbar was a bit sad but I think it has become a cool bit of trivia for us fans.
    Great Summary there.

-Yes those active slings give you a sense of panic when they head over to the out-lanes. The right out-lane can be frustrating because the ball bounces a bit more than usual (which isn't bad).

-Missions have a nice balance of variation. I like the Battle of Endor (Scence 4) which start with a multiball.
    -The hurry-ups are interesting and not as rampant as the Darth Vader table.
    -I love the Dark Side of the force mission/hurry-up whatever you call it. Shooting that spinner on the right side several times will activate it. If you have a mulitball going while you have it running, Try to get the balls around that magnetic disc. You will rack up some decent points as the scores ramp up.

Overall I'm thoroughly enjoying this table a lot. Still like Starfighter Assault more for some reason.

top SW tables
    Starfighter Assault
    ROTJ
    ESB
    Boba Fett
    Clone Wars
    Darth Vader

Leave a comment:

• skyway73
    replied
    Just wanted to add my views on this table after putting in some proper time playing it. Overall this is my favourite table out of them all and I'm including all Marvel and original tables. Zen really have just got better an better at perfecting all aspects of their releases, here's what I like, for what it's worth:
    • The challenge! I love the fact it's not all about activating kick-backs and ball-saves and you can feel some peril- much more like real pinball.
    • The lighting is right up my street, love when the table dims during certain missions etc. and those flashers under the slingshots really pop. Personally I like their increased strength too, again it feels more real to me.
    • The sound effects are great, those Ewoks make me smile. That being said it seems a shame to me that there isn't a more noticeable and cool sound when you hit the spinning disk when it has the four little poles up.
    • Love the R2D2 bumper save, a great feature that I'm sure wasn't borrowed from anywhere ..(cough.. Wizard of Oz)
    • Talking of R2D2, I think the projected hologram loop is superb! Not only does it look nice it is such fun and so satisfying when you complete some consecutive loops, nice reward too if you do.
    • The chance to restart a mission straight after failing, I think the timer is perfectly set on that and it gives you a decent chance but not a gimme.
    • Anyone else agree that the Speeder Bike mini game is the best of any table? It's a challenge without being a grind, looks cool and I really like the fact it shows your current record before each try starts.
    • Love locking the balls in the hole for multiball, looks ace when the ball drops down the playfield and is sucked back up, nice effect!
    • The Wizard mode is perfect too, the lighting is superb and I like that it's timed and the ending where you have to lock all four balls as quick as you can is a great idea.

Those are the main bits I like anyway

PS: that story about Admiral Ackbar was a bit sad but I think it has become a cool bit of trivia for us fans.

Leave a comment:

• DEMON
    replied
    Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    Ah, the alley pass. This would be a good table to practice the alley pass since the right habitrail feeds the inlane below the rollover. You really have to have balls of steel to pull it off. Shoot too early and it will hit the bottom of the sling for a likely STDM drain.
    This will do just fine for me thanks for the idea.

Leave a comment:

• DEMON
    replied
    Originally posted by deep View Post
    The sarlacc pit is one of the ballout bonuses and you can raise it completing various modes.

The right inlane hasn't a direct feed. I didn't want the players have active kickbacks all the time. You know, to get the things a less boring
    So the only way to activate the right kickback is getting very lucky?

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Thanks Spirit.
    Saw deep's answer above on second look.

Leave a comment:

• Scubafinch
    replied
    Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    @ScubaFinch: The counter does indeed represent how many magna saves (R2 pullbacks?) you have accumulated by lighting the R2D2 via the left inlane/outlane rollovers. However, when successfully activate all the spot targets, each pullback you have remaining will give you a million points and the counter will reset to 0. You must relight R2D2 via the rollovers to reactivate R2 and collect more pullbacks.
    Thanks. After a couple more plays, that seemed to be the way things work. It's a really novel ball save!

Leave a comment:

• Spirit X
    replied
    Originally posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Two questions:

1. Exactly how does the Left kickback work when activated? As in, is it completely random as far as R2D2 shooting the targets to make the ball save, or is it something you can control?

2. Is the Sarlaac Pit this table's version of the Sabre Saver, and how is it activated/lit up?
    (ok, I guess that's 3 questions)
    The R2 kickback is random, hence why you get the pullbacks I guess. At a push I suppose you could try a nudge or two to help. Would be real hard to judge though.

The one thing I really wish is that if you manage to pull off the bangback after activating the save with R2, that save should then be permanent, as a prize for pulling it off. Unfortunately though, it only lasts a few seconds. So if you ever activate the R2 save, there's no reason to do anything other than just let it drain.

Deep answered your second question above. The Sarlacc Pit Bonus is awarded after the ball drains. There is no ball save on the table afaik.
    Last edited by Spirit X; 10-20-2013, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Two questions:

1. Exactly how does the Left kickback work when activated? As in, is it completely random as far as R2D2 shooting the targets to make the ball save, or is it something you can control?

2. Is the Sarlaac Pit this table's version of the Sabre Saver, and how is it activated/lit up?
    (ok, I guess that's 3 questions)

As for difficulty, the one thing I can say is that you have to rely a lot on trusting the dead bounce to control the ball, or else you run into slingshot hell.
    Good example of this is shooting the mission hole. Had an occasion where it dropped, I tried to catch it with the left flipper, only for it to bounce up, BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM into the left outlane. WTF? I've learned to let it bounce to the right flipper.

I'm inclined to say you mainly want to go for the multiballs on this table. Worth noting that the base EOB for each one is 1 million points, so activate a few and raise that multiplier and you're looking at a whole lot of points. Easier said than done, of course.

Leave a comment:

• surf1der
    replied
    Originally posted by Cloda View Post
    More advanced skill which I get right maybe once out of 20 is when the ball rolls down the left flipper shoot it really late and the ball will go through the right in-lane from the bottom... a bit too risky though for my liking and take too much effort.
    Ah, the alley pass. This would be a good table to practice the alley pass since the right habitrail feeds the inlane below the rollover. You really have to have balls of steel to pull it off. Shoot too early and it will hit the bottom of the sling for a likely STDM drain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X