Return of the jedi discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    Ah, the alley pass. This would be a good table to practice the alley pass since the right habitrail feeds the inlane below the rollover. You really have to have balls of steel to pull it off. Shoot too early and it will hit the bottom of the sling for a likely STDM drain.
    This will do just fine for me thanks for the idea.
    GC: psychosaiko

Comment

Just wanted to add my views on this table after putting in some proper time playing it. Overall this is my favourite table out of them all and I'm including all Marvel and original tables. Zen really have just got better an better at perfecting all aspects of their releases, here's what I like, for what it's worth:
      • The challenge! I love the fact it's not all about activating kick-backs and ball-saves and you can feel some peril- much more like real pinball.
      • The lighting is right up my street, love when the table dims during certain missions etc. and those flashers under the slingshots really pop. Personally I like their increased strength too, again it feels more real to me.
      • The sound effects are great, those Ewoks make me smile. That being said it seems a shame to me that there isn't a more noticeable and cool sound when you hit the spinning disk when it has the four little poles up.
      • Love the R2D2 bumper save, a great feature that I'm sure wasn't borrowed from anywhere ..(cough.. Wizard of Oz)
      • Talking of R2D2, I think the projected hologram loop is superb! Not only does it look nice it is such fun and so satisfying when you complete some consecutive loops, nice reward too if you do.
      • The chance to restart a mission straight after failing, I think the timer is perfectly set on that and it gives you a decent chance but not a gimme.
      • Anyone else agree that the Speeder Bike mini game is the best of any table? It's a challenge without being a grind, looks cool and I really like the fact it shows your current record before each try starts.
      • Love locking the balls in the hole for multiball, looks ace when the ball drops down the playfield and is sucked back up, nice effect!
      • The Wizard mode is perfect too, the lighting is superb and I like that it's timed and the ending where you have to lock all four balls as quick as you can is a great idea.

Those are the main bits I like anyway

PS: that story about Admiral Ackbar was a bit sad but I think it has become a cool bit of trivia for us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
        Just wanted to add my views on this table after putting in some proper time playing it. Overall this is my favourite table out of them all and I'm including all Marvel and original tables. Zen really have just got better an better at perfecting all aspects of their releases, here's what I like, for what it's worth:
        • The challenge! I love the fact it's not all about activating kick-backs and ball-saves and you can feel some peril- much more like real pinball.
        • The lighting is right up my street, love when the table dims during certain missions etc. and those flashers under the slingshots really pop. Personally I like their increased strength too, again it feels more real to me.
        • The sound effects are great, those Ewoks make me smile. That being said it seems a shame to me that there isn't a more noticeable and cool sound when you hit the spinning disk when it has the four little poles up.
        • Love the R2D2 bumper save, a great feature that I'm sure wasn't borrowed from anywhere ..(cough.. Wizard of Oz)
        • Talking of R2D2, I think the projected hologram loop is superb! Not only does it look nice it is such fun and so satisfying when you complete some consecutive loops, nice reward too if you do.
        • The chance to restart a mission straight after failing, I think the timer is perfectly set on that and it gives you a decent chance but not a gimme.
        • Anyone else agree that the Speeder Bike mini game is the best of any table? It's a challenge without being a grind, looks cool and I really like the fact it shows your current record before each try starts.
        • Love locking the balls in the hole for multiball, looks ace when the ball drops down the playfield and is sucked back up, nice effect!
        • The Wizard mode is perfect too, the lighting is superb and I like that it's timed and the ending where you have to lock all four balls as quick as you can is a great idea.

Those are the main bits I like anyway

PS: that story about Admiral Ackbar was a bit sad but I think it has become a cool bit of trivia for us fans.
        Great Summary there.

-Yes those active slings give you a sense of panic when they head over to the out-lanes. The right out-lane can be frustrating because the ball bounces a bit more than usual (which isn't bad).

-Missions have a nice balance of variation. I like the Battle of Endor (Scence 4) which start with a multiball.
        -The hurry-ups are interesting and not as rampant as the Darth Vader table.
        -I love the Dark Side of the force mission/hurry-up whatever you call it. Shooting that spinner on the right side several times will activate it. If you have a mulitball going while you have it running, Try to get the balls around that magnetic disc. You will rack up some decent points as the scores ramp up.

Overall I'm thoroughly enjoying this table a lot. Still like Starfighter Assault more for some reason.

top SW tables
        Starfighter Assault
        ROTJ
        ESB
        Boba Fett
        Clone Wars
        Darth Vader

Comment

Anyone got a list of the Hurry Up Modes, would be grateful as I'm starting to write up the Guide.
          sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
          *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
            Anyone got a list of the Hurry Up Modes, would be grateful as I'm starting to write up the Guide.
            I think I can help you

Feed the Worrt
            Find Salacious Crumb
            Haggling with a Hutt
            Floating C-3PO
            Super Death Star

Comment

Thanks deep, hey if you have any tips and tricks would absolutely love to hear them.
              sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Hey STTC:

There is also "Dark Side of the Force" started by repeated hits to the AT-ST spinner.

Comment

Thanks surf1der.
                  sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

I'm disappointed that the Death Star multiball glitched out on me. The ball went into the mission hole instead of the usual drop after failing to lock the 4th ball! That sucked!! The Death Star multiball was permanently unavailable for the rest of my game. I had my jackpot value at 75M & 3 balls left.

Comment

The R2 pullback button pops up too late on iOS. The button usually pops up on screen when the ball is already in the center drain. This is too late to effectively use the pullback. I would preferably like to see it pop up with the first R2 bumper hit. Or alternatively have a permanent on screen button that doesn't obstruct normal flipper activations.

Comment

Any advice on how to hit the Jabba target with any shred of consistency?

95% of the time when I go for it, I:
                        1. shoot it into the left orbit (which, outside of a mission, when it hits the bumpers, actually is better)
                        2. it hits around the target but doesn't register, then goes flying off to a slingshot.
                        3. bounces off the left slingshot

I'd actually like to finish 1 mission before I quit this table, and since hitting it is required on Scenes 1 and 2......
                        Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                        Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalEther View Post
                          Any advice on how to hit the Jabba target with any shred of consistency?
                          Which version of the game are you playing?

I'm able to hit it pretty consistently on the PS3 version. A simple right flipper tip shot usually hits the target no problem.

Comment

Im on PS3 also and 9 /10 like shogun mentioned its an easy tip shot. I find it a tad easier to hit compared to the extra ball shot on the other side.

Comment

Xbox
                              Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                              Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

RotJ

I need help with all of it

Comment

Working...
                                X