Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shogun00
    replied
    I personally have no issues with the slingshots on this table. All I had to do was re-adjust the way I handle it. Once, the ball bounces off the slingshot. I just look at the projection. If it looks like the ball is going into the outlane, then I do a hard nudge the opposite direction. This will almost always veer the ball into the inlane instead.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    I suppose I should edit my post to read that it cripples the pace of the table.
    Since you can't afford to take a risky shot, I attempt to trap the ball even more. I just have to rely on the dead bounce pass, or even more upward nudges (to which I pause for 10 seconds to reset the tilt counter).

One of the most ridiculous things about ZP/FX can be the never-ending pong match between the two slingshots. It's not unusual to just sit there for 15-20 seconds while the ball gets rallied back and forth between the slingshots
    Yeah, I can't stand that, even on the safe slingshots.

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    One of the most ridiculous things about ZP/FX can be the never-ending pong match between the two slingshots. It's not unusual to just sit there for 15-20 seconds while the ball gets rallied back and forth between the slingshots.
    And of course, it usually happens during a mission with a short timer.

Leave a comment:

• Beliskner
    replied
    Originally posted by surf1der View Post
    I guess there is a small minority of us out there that like the RotJ slingshots. They are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing, at least on real machines. Slingshots are meant to slingshot the ball towards the sides of the table and make trapping more difficult. In other other words, slingshots are meant to be avoided or you risk draining the ball. This is one of the mechanics that makes real machines more difficult and I enjoy the challenge on the RotJ table. One of the most ridiculous things about ZP/FX can be the never-ending pong match between the two slingshots. It's not unusual to just sit there for 15-20 seconds while the ball gets rallied back and forth between the slingshots.
    I know that slingshots on real machines are very strong like the ones on RotJ however Zen Pinball is an arcade game and not a simulation so I'd like them to be a bit more loose. If I want strong slingshots and other stuff that keeps draining my balls every minute I play The Pinball Arcade

Leave a comment:

• surf1der
    replied
    Originally posted by Beliskner View Post
    I find the strength of the slingshots disturbing.
    Seriously they cause more side drains than any other table and it's driving me crazy. Getting a bang back on the right side is very doable and I get it fairly often but on the left side the damn bumper just shoots the ball into the drain every second time. Way too fast to salvage it. Every time a ball drains because of slingshots a newborn goldfish dies
    I guess there is a small minority of us out there that like the RotJ slingshots. They are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing, at least on real machines. Slingshots are meant to slingshot the ball towards the sides of the table and make trapping more difficult. In other other words, slingshots are meant to be avoided or you risk draining the ball. This is one of the mechanics that makes real machines more difficult and I enjoy the challenge on the RotJ table. One of the most ridiculous things about ZP/FX can be the never-ending pong match between the two slingshots. It's not unusual to just sit there for 15-20 seconds while the ball gets rallied back and forth between the slingshots.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    EOB Bonus Guide

Multipliers are raised by hitting the bumpers via the left orbit.

Rebellion Bonus
    A default bonus that seems to increase the longer the ball is on the table. I'm going to guess this is like Empire where it maxes at 1 million.

Dark Side Bonus (unknown trigger)
    10,000 points per occurance per ball

Jabba Bonus
    5,000 points per Jabba Target hit per ball

Ewok Bonus
    1,000 points per Ewok collected per game

Movie Scene Bonus
    100,000 points per Scene started per ball

Hurry up Bonus
    100,000 points per Hurry Up mode started per ball

Multiball Bonus
    1,000,000 points per Multiball mode started per Ball

Sarlaac Pit
    250,000 points per activation per ball

Summary - Worth attempting to go for should you've started several multiballs.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Originally posted by Beliskner View Post
    Every time a ball drains because of slingshots a newborn goldfish dies
    LOL....

I quit playing the table because I realized that everytime I did, I yelled at my kids. If they weren't around, I yelled at the dog.

Started playing it again a few times again just to get the long overdue EOB guide out. I've figured out how to mostly avoid them [the slingshots], but I think they cripple the table.

Leave a comment:

• Beliskner
    replied
    I find the strength of the slingshots disturbing.
    Seriously they cause more side drains than any other table and it's driving me crazy. Getting a bang back on the right side is very doable and I get it fairly often but on the left side the damn bumper just shoots the ball into the drain every second time. Way too fast to salvage it. Every time a ball drains because of slingshots a newborn goldfish dies

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ty-24- View Post
    I need help with all of it
    Il have a Guide available real soon for it mate.

Leave a comment:

• Ty-24-
    replied
    RotJ

I need help with all of it

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Xbox

Leave a comment:

• s-carnegie
    replied
    Im on PS3 also and 9 /10 like shogun mentioned its an easy tip shot. I find it a tad easier to hit compared to the extra ball shot on the other side.

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Any advice on how to hit the Jabba target with any shred of consistency?
    Which version of the game are you playing?

I'm able to hit it pretty consistently on the PS3 version. A simple right flipper tip shot usually hits the target no problem.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Any advice on how to hit the Jabba target with any shred of consistency?

95% of the time when I go for it, I:
    1. shoot it into the left orbit (which, outside of a mission, when it hits the bumpers, actually is better)
    2. it hits around the target but doesn't register, then goes flying off to a slingshot.
    3. bounces off the left slingshot

I'd actually like to finish 1 mission before I quit this table, and since hitting it is required on Scenes 1 and 2......

Leave a comment:

• surf1der
    replied
    The R2 pullback button pops up too late on iOS. The button usually pops up on screen when the ball is already in the center drain. This is too late to effectively use the pullback. I would preferably like to see it pop up with the first R2 bumper hit. Or alternatively have a permanent on screen button that doesn't obstruct normal flipper activations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X