Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Starfighter Assault Discussions i.e. Questions etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that was much easier than I though. I was able to snag all three trophies in just a couple of hours today.

I'm now back to 100% on both games. Well 97% on ZP2 according to the trophy server (online mode), but it's 100% on my console (offline mode).

Thanks Disco for the tips. That saved me a lot of time trying to figure out a strategy for myself to get those two trophies.

The Episode 6 silver (complete all 5 scenes) was pretty straight forward. I just needed that one good game and I did after a couple of restarts.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-20-2013, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
      Wow, that was much easier than I though. I was able to snag all three trophies in just a couple of hours today.

Thanks Dave for the tips. That saved me a lot of time trying to figure out a strategy
      Dave?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoKing View Post
        Dave?
        Sorry! My dyslexia strikes again. Apparently, I'm confusing you to one of my other gaming buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by surf1der View Post
          I haven't figured out the strength of the fleet works either. I am pretty sure winning main modes and some hurry-up modes can change it. I think I had EVADE running with a bunch of multiballs and other hurry-ups so I couldn't tell which ramp to hit. I kept hitting wrong ramps and eventually drew down my fleet strength to all blue (I was playing EMPIRE). But I think winning some main modes got it back up pretty quickly. I read a little about it in the in-game guide but have no idea how it affects scoring or missions.
          Right, so what is the point of EVADE? If you hit a non-flashing shot, you get a heavy penalty to your fleet meter. It doesn't seem worth it to risk the fleet (that ties directly to your points for each shot, right?) just to get some points from evading.

What's even worse is when you have other modes active (which happens easily on this table) and then you either can't tell which shots are lit for EVADE, or you are "blocked" from other shots by EVADE. For example...I'm not supposed to hit the flashing "jackpot" ramp because if I do my fleet rating will plummet? I think one time today my fleet meter sank from about 75% to about 25% in just a few shots.

Apologies if I'm wrong about any of this but it was really confusing me. Am I better off just avoiding EVADE or trapping the ball and letting it time out?

Comment

Scene 5 part 2

Does anyone know how to complete scene 5 part two. It is driving me mad.

Is the objective to keep as many lanes lit as possible? I am managing to keep two to three lanes lit when the timer runs out. I still have hull shields left too. To no avail as I fail the mode every time.

Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DISCOBISCUIT74 View Post
              Is the objective to keep as many lanes lit as possible? I am managing to keep two to three lanes lit when the timer runs out. I still have hull shields left too. To no avail as I fail the mode every time.
              That's what I did! I'm not sure if there is something more to it though. I might of hit a couple of targets and holes, that may have progressed the mission. Either that or I kept more than 3 lanes open. I wasn't really paying attention to everything that was going on. I just kept on following the light cues.

Comment

Guys I'm having trouble with the Lone fighter mission. How do I do it?! I'm so dang on confused here.

Also, this may be a stupid question but I have yet to question 3 Rebel. How do I do it?

I only got the TIE fighter trophy by mistake. I was having so much fun on it that it just popped up. LOL Any help on this would be grand. Thanks you all.

Oh and way to go, Disco!
                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
                  Guys I'm having trouble with the Lone fighter mission. How do I do it?! I'm so dang on confused here.

Also, this may be a stupid question but I have yet to question 3 Rebel. How do I do it?

I only got the TIE fighter trophy by mistake. I was having so much fun on it that it just popped up. LOL Any help on this would be grand. Thanks you all.

Oh and way to go, Disco!
                  I found the Lone Fighter trophy to be the hardest of them all, that said it's not too tough. As Disco said, keep getting 24 on fleet mission one to level up your shield ( I did this 3 time I think) then hit the 3 drop targets, then hit the hole off the end of the left flipper. As long as you survive the first 3 waves you'll get the trophy. If you need more clarification just post back and we'll help you Raf

Comment

Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
                    I found the Lone Fighter trophy to be the hardest of them all, that said it's not too tough. As Disco said, keep getting 24 on fleet mission one to level up your shield ( I did this 3 time I think) then hit the 3 drop targets, then hit the hole off the end of the left flipper. As long as you survive the first 3 waves you'll get the trophy. If you need more clarification just post back and we'll help you Raf
                    Thanks a mil, Skyway. I see you got all the trophies. Man it's almost depressing to see all my friends have these trophies and I don't. LOL I will get them all. Anyway, I finally got to the Lone Fighter mode, but I for the life of me I was confused about where to shoot. It's crazy, but I'll try it again. Thanks again for the advice.

Now if you can tell me how to question 3 Rebels.
                    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                    Gamertag- RAFIE82
                    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Thanks a mil, Skyway. I see you got all the trophies. Man it's almost depressing to see all my friends have these trophies and I don't. LOL I will get them all. Anyway, I finally got to the Lone Fighter mode, but I for the life of me I was confused about where to shoot. It's crazy, but I'll try it again. Thanks again for the advice.
                      Let me expand on this one.

1.) Play the first main mission (phase 1) and take out 24 of the Tie Fighters, then lose on purpose. Rinse and repeat this mission a few times to get enough Commendations.

2.) Hit the right obit and spell UPGRADE and then hit the Award Ramp.

3.) Select "Shield Generator" from the upgrades.

4.) Now rinse and repeat the above three steps until you upgraded the shield to level 10 or higher.

Note: This is going to be a long grind, since each upgrade costs more Commendations from the last. Level 10 costs over 100 IIRC.

5.) After that is all said and done. Play the Lone Starfighter mission. You still need to stay focus, since you have to defeat three long waves of enemies. but you should now have a shield strength of 12 instead of 7.

Now if you can tell me how to question 3 Rebels.
                      Pretty easy trophy. Heck all of the trophies are pretty easy on the Darth Vader table. Just start up the Force Mode Hurry-Up by spelling out FORCE on the left ramp. You just need to complete the Hurry-up Mode. Hit all of the lit lanes and then a ramp will appear in front of the mission cylinder (those rotating targets). Hit that ramp three times before the timer runs out and you will question 3 Rebels.
                      Last edited by shogun00; 10-27-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                        Let me expand on this one.

1.) Play the first main mission (phase 1) and take out 24 of the Tie Fighters, then lose on purpose. Rinse and repeat this mission few times to get enough Commendations.

2.) Hit the right obit and spell UPGRADE and then hit the Award Ramp.

3.) Select "Shield Generator" from the upgrades.

4.) Now rinse and repeat the above three steps until you upgraded the shield to level 10 or higher.

Note: This is going to be a long grind, since each upgrade costs more Commendations from the last. Level 10 costs over 100 IIRC.

5.) After that is all said and done. Play the Lone Star mission. You still need to stay focus, since you have to defeat three long waves of enemies. but you should now have a shield strength of 12 instead of 7.

Pretty easy trophy. Heck all of the trophies are pretty easy on the Darth Vader table. Just start up the Force Mode Hurry-Up by spelling out FORCE on the left ramp. You just need to complete the Hurry-up Mode. Hit the all of the lit lanes and then a ramp will appear in front of the mission cylinder (those rotating targets). Hit that ramp three times before the timer runs out and you will question 3 Rebels.
                        Shogun I definitely appreciate this! Thank you very much. I almost got to 3 questions for the rebel before the time ran out. I mean I was literally a split second away and I was that much slower. I'll try again.

Also I'll try my hand at that Lone Fighter mission as well....again. LOL Thanks a mil, Shogun!
                        PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                        Gamertag- RAFIE82
                        YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                        Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Comment

Shogun I definitely appreciate this! Thank you very much. I almost got to 3 questions for the rebel before the time ran out. I mean I was literally a split second away and I was that much slower. I'll try again.

Also I'll try my hand at that Lone Fighter mission as well....again. LOL Thanks a mil, Shogun!
                          I found this trophy harder than most people seem to, even with the shield upgraded. In the end I just upgraded it by spending 10, 30 then 60 credits and attempted the Lone Fighter several times to try and get the hang of it. I found playing in a dark room easier as the approaching ships are so hard to see, also make sure you fire ahead of them as this seems to work.

Also, I held full left when shooting the first ship, then full right, then full left. This meant only one hit maximum would be taken from the first attack.

Here's a video (not by me) which may help some people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7pRABFboT4

Good luck!
                          Last edited by skyway73; 10-27-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
                            I found this trophy harder than most people seem to, even with the shield upgraded.
                            Same here! Heck, I found beating the 5 missions on Episode 6 easier than this. The main problem is that this mini-game is non-pinball related. I'm not really good at space shooters in general and that was the problem.
                            Last edited by shogun00; 10-27-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

does anyone know how somebody scored 50billion on starfighter ?
                              i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

The cheating bug has't been patched, i see... I will not tell how to do it, i don't want other people to have 99999999 billions on all tables, i can just say that you need a PSN+ account. Every player with a PSN+ account is a potential cheater
                                Earn 50 billions, no trophy...
                                Well, no tournament needed while this bug is here.
                                When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

Working...
                                X