Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Starfighter Assault Discussions i.e. Questions etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Originally posted by hess47 View Post
    On starwars pinball. How the hell I repair ramps before timer runs out. I'm suck u don't want to hit. Can somebody help me
    Which mission are you talking about? Mission 5, scene 2?

If that's it, the first thing you need to do is try to extend the timer. As ypok said, the capital ship shield upgrade helps. I think being strongly tuned towards your side of the force helps also.

Otherwise, shoot the lit lanes, and try to keep as many active as possible. Though, at the same time, don't focus on trying to keep a difficult shot active (Repair lane) forever; the ships appear too fast. It's a tough mission, and it took me a long time to get it.

Realize also when it's a lost cause. If only one lane is left, there's 30 seconds, and they still need 6 more passes, you're not going to win. Just try it again.

I think it takes about 14 seconds to cycle though all the lanes.

Leave a comment:

• hess47
    replied
    hey

On starwars pinball. How the hell I repair ramps before timer runs out. I'm suck u don't want to hit. Can somebody help me

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Finally beat the table last night.
    Had managed to get past that mission a few times prior, but something would go wrong on the others.
    Funny, I kept thinking while trying to start the wizard mode was please don't lose the ball trying to start the mission

I also noticed how well you do on the first part of the mission [mission 5, phase 1] also impacts the time. I think I started with 90 seconds. After a few upgrades, I was up over 110 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Ok, I suspected that upgrade helped. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ypok
    replied
    Upgrading the capital ship shields will give you more time to complete the mode. With more time, you can finish it with fewer fighters remaining alive.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    Yes. Thanks for clarifying it.

It's a pretty tough mission, as you can only miss one, two shots tops, and still have a chance. I had about 7 shots at it last night, but to no avail.

Which, if any, of the ship upgrades would help with it?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ypok
    replied
    Originally posted by OriginalEther View Post
    Edit: While I still haven't completed the mission (and I'm going to quit trying real soon), I'm beginning to think the goal is to get the Hull Strength down to zero. Otherwise, stuff like getting extra time or managing to keep all the lanes lit actually works against you, which would be really stupid.
    You are correct, the goal is to get the enemy ship's hull down to zero. Every time a fighter arrives it decreases by one, and the fighter gets damaged. If you don't shoot the flashing lane before that fighter attacks again it gets destroyed and makes the mode more difficult. If you manage to keep the fighters alive until they make 20 attacks you win the mode. Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    For those still working on this table, I figured a few things out for Mission 5 Phase 2.

The timer initially starts at 72 seconds. During one playthrough it increased to around 85 seconds; don't know if this was due to fleet strength or a Capital ship shield repair upgrade.

Hull strength starts at 20.
    The 6 letter lanes (Promotion, Evade, Barrage, Repair, Supply, Upgrade) are fully lit.

After a few seconds there is an attack. A fully lit lane turns to flashing. This from from left to right i.e. the Promotion lane flashes first, then the Evade, etc. Each attack reduces the Hull strength by 1.

Hitting the flashing lane turns it full again.

If a lane is flashing when it's attacked again, it's gone. Doesn't seem to be a way to bring it back.
    I think there is a "pause" in the attacks when a lane gone; i.e. when it's time for a gone lane to be attacked, there is no attack animation.

Still have no idea what is needed to win the mission. You will fail immediately if all the lanes are gone.

Your fleet strength seems to take a big when you fail the mission.

Edit: While I still haven't completed the mission (and I'm going to quit trying real soon), I'm beginning to think the goal is to get the Hull Strength down to zero. Otherwise, stuff like getting extra time or managing to keep all the lanes lit actually works against you, which would be really stupid.
    Last edited by OriginalEther; 05-25-2014, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OriginalEther
    replied
    My internet connection deleted my last post, so here's a short version:

Does anyone still know exactly what to do in Mission 5 Phase 2?

Any advice for handling the ball in Mission 5 Phase 1 when it's shot through the supply (right side) ramp?

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by Nik Barbour View Post
    TPA just launched their Android beta for pack 22 today.
    I hadn't played 'Black Rose' before today, but did anyone else notice it's almost a shot for shot rip-off of Zen's 'Starfighter Assault'.
    **Tilts head back and forth**

I'm sorry, but I really don't see the resemblance. However, it's a known fact that Zen gets a lot of their influences from real tables.

Just take a look at the Marvel Civil War table. The table's start up mode (the news reporter and Stanford Multiball) is very similar to Judge Dredd's Super Game mode.

Leave a comment:

• Nik Barbour
    replied
    TPA just launched their Android beta for pack 22 today.
    I hadn't played 'Black Rose' before today, but did anyone else notice it's almost a shot for shot rip-off of Zen's 'Starfighter Assault'.

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Yeh its always good to get both Kickbacks enabled first before playing the Table, I will have a Table Guide available real soon by the way.

Leave a comment:

• PET
    replied
    Hey guys,

I'm currently playing this table. Only got around 32M. I still have problems completing Phase 2 from Mission 1 lol. It's hard to get the ball coming down directly on the flipper so I can stop it.

Anyway... what do you guys usually do when you start this table?

I try to get left & right kickbacks activated then I go directly for the mission 1.

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Originally posted by skyway73 View Post
    Do you still need help or have you got all the info now? Let us know and I'll try an help.

Also, I have worked out how to earn one extra ball, anyone know how to earn more? Can't see it mentioned in the in-game guide.
    Wouldn't mind, I finished the Guide but still proofing through it so I can still add stuff before I send it off... oh another Extra Ball do tell. PM me and Il add to the Guide.

Leave a comment:

• skyway73
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Well this is the last Guide I need to write up for Battle of The Force pack, as i've already done Darth Vader and Episode VI.

Anyone got a concrete explanation for -

- The Missions
    - The Wizard Mode
    - Squad (Squad Targets etc.) Missions

Funny enough this Table is the one i have spent the least amount of time on. Any help would be welcomed as it will allow me to get the Guide done faster.
    Do you still need help or have you got all the info now? Let us know and I'll try an help.

Also, I have worked out how to earn one extra ball, anyone know how to earn more? Can't see it mentioned in the in-game guide.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X