This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kemetman
    • Jul 2012

Well this kind of sucks. The PS4 version just has the 8 trophies. Yeah I know about the stand alone version. There has to be a way to do it for the PS4. I am getting seriously out of pinball. It's not really Zen though (some of you will catch my drift). I swear to you if the Deadpool table is neutered to an E rating I won't buy. That's my favorite comic and there's nothing wrong about a T rating. I don't expect Zen to alienate it's base with a M rating. I have said this before on another board. What M rated game moved over 32.5 million copies? I like trophies and would gladly pay extra for the real deal on SW. Maybe someday when ZP3 comes out. Folks can only hide from the next-gen consoles for so long. Peace to everybody.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

• JaySTeeY
      • Apr 2014

Added some cash to my XBL acct, can't wait. Was playing some of the other SW tables last night, good stuff.
      XBL GT - JaySTeeY
      casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Comment

• shogun00
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kemetman
        Well this kind of sucks. The PS4 version just has the 8 trophies. Yeah I know about the stand alone version. There has to be a way to do it for the PS4.
        Zen confirmed that they are not releasing the standalone app to the PS4. They actually regret releasing it on the PS3 and Vita, because it's just creating more confusion than anything else.

It was very transparent when the first Star Wars Pinball table pack was available for free on the PS Plus. Sony had it listed as "Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball". Yet once you click on the "download" button, you are greeted with huge number of download files. Demo files, unlocks, PS3 version, Vita version, ZP2 version, SWP version, which is quite a lot to sort through. I had over 20 friends, that aren't much into pinball (but are into Star Wars) asking me which files do they need to download.

I swear to you if the Deadpool table is neutered to an E rating I won't buy. That's my favorite comic and there's nothing wrong about a T rating.
        Unfortunately, we are dealing with DLC here, which is not individually rated. Zen will have to go with the rating that they got from the ESRB on the main game, which was an E10 (10 and up). I don't think it's going to be a big deal, since the Ratchet & Clank series got away with a lot of stuff with their E10 rating. The E10 rating was created because of games like this. Games that have a lot of crude language and dialog, but not really violent enough to warrant the T rating.

Comment

• Kemetman
          • Jul 2012

Shogun you're my friend and I already know about dlc not being individually rated. I was just stating my own opinion. At least the PS4 can have 3 trophies instead of 2. That's not gonna kill anything. I know someday down the road ZP3 will emerge for the PS4 and actually take advantage of the hardware. I love Zen they actually treat their customers like gold. Even w/o the stand alone app the PS3 is getting 3 trophies per table and we're getting two. I don't like that, but that's just my opinion. We really need to move away from Marvel tables at this point. Indiana Jones would be awesome. Some sequels to some of the originals would be great. I just want the same amount of trophies the older systems have. That's all. There's no way they're already running low on the PS4 allocation points.
          "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

• shogun00
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2011

Even w/o the stand alone app the PS3 is getting 3 trophies per table and we're getting two. I don't like that, but that's just my opinion.
            Huh? The ZP2 version of the game on the PS3 contains the same number of trophies per table as the PS4 version (2). I just took at look at the updated trophy list myself. 2 trophies per table for ZP2 and 3 trophies per table for SWP standalone app.

Comment

• MarkItZeroSmoky
              • Sep 2012

Yeah the ps3 & ps4 versions have the same trophies. There is a difference however. On the ps3 version, the 2nd trophy of each table is a silver. Ps4 version these same trophies are bronze. They might be trying to save trophy points on ps4 for the future.

Thing I find strange about the Star Wars standalone version is not that they are completely different trophies, but these contain the tables wizard mode trophies and yet they are only bronze as well. (considering the zp2 silver trophies appear to be easy, such as starting a multi ball mode) 12 trophies added, all bronze. These should be the last trophies added to this version, and there's no way they are at the point limit on trophies. Seems odd to me.
              Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 04-28-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• skyway73
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by MarkItZeroSmoky
                Yeah the ps3 & ps4 versions have the same trophies. There is a difference however. On the ps3 version, the 2nd trophy of each table is a silver. Ps4 version these same trophies are bronze. They might be trying to save trophy points on ps4 for the future.

Thing I find strange about the Star Wars standalone version is not that they are completely different trophies, but these contain the tables wizard mode trophies and yet they are only bronze as well. (considering the zp2 silver trophies appear to be easy, such as starting a multi ball mode) 12 trophies added, all bronze. These should be the last trophies added to this version, and there's no way they are at the point limit on trophies. Seems odd to me.
                ...unless these aren't the last Star Wars tables? Is it possible Zen could agree another deal for more tables than the initial 10? Or is it wishful thinking on my part?...

Comment

• Kemetman
                  • Jul 2012

My point is we don't have a stand alone version so one of our trophies could've at least been silver. There are 2 bronze per table that's it. I wasn't impressed with the last pack so I'll do what I always do and vote with my dollar. The trophies are also listed under additional tables #2 and not SW like the other 2 packs. Whatevs. I am entitled to my own opinion.
                  "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

• surf1der
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Jan 2012

I thought the last pack was great, except that scoring on Vader is a bit broken. But are you really considering not buying dlc because you don't like the trophy scheme. That attitude just seems so odd to me and I know it's been mentioned from time to time on these forums but it continues to surprise me. Maybe it's because I've played video games since the mid 80's, long before there were achievements and trophies. The joy and satisfaction I get is from playing the game itself and improving my scores. Trophies add little if any satisfaction for me. I know that "trophy hunters" exist but some of their complaints sometimes make me wonder if they even enjoy playing games at all and it is more an obsessive-compulsive like behavior.

Anyways, I'm excited to play the new pack. I'm guessing the pack is not going to be available on every platform tomorrow. It's not clear from the blog post. Just wondering when I will be able to pick it up on Steam.

Comment

• Jared
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by surf1der
                      Anyways, I'm excited to play the new pack. I'm guessing the pack is not going to be available on every platform tomorrow. It's not clear from the blog post. Just wondering when I will be able to pick it up on Steam.
                      I am with you on the trophy stuff, it doesn't influence my enjoyment of the games at all nor my purchasing decisions. According to BarbieBobomb in the comments section of the blog post she states that it will be available on Steam on the 30th.

Comment

• s-carnegie
                        • Aug 2011

Today four new tables hihodigitty, too bad I cant DL and play till tomorrow unless I get brave and call in sick for work tonight 'cough sniff cough. hehe

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Jared
                          I am with you on the trophy stuff, it doesn't influence my enjoyment of the games at all nor my purchasing decisions. According to BarbieBobomb in the comments section of the blog post she states that it will be available on Steam on the 30th.
                          That's correct! PSN SCEA today, & tomorrow on PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, & Mac

Release trailer is up on the blog now if you'd like to check it out.

Comment

• LeanderL
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • May 2013

Oh no! Again I misread the release date.

Barbie posted on 10 Apr. (Steam forum)
                            Heroes Within Release date + Droids table trailer!

Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within releases the week of April 29th, in time for Star Wars day, May the 4th! Check out the trailer[blog.zenstudios.com] for the Droids table, and may the Force be with you!

I invited a friend to play pinball with me today...as it is 29 April BUT the Steam version will only be released on 30 April.
                            Barbie, please post the actual date for all versions in the future. The Zen blog also reads "releases today for PSN SCEA, & tomorrow on PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, and Mac!" but lazy people like I am just look at the given date without reading everything...there's only a 29 and not a 30 in the text. ..."starting with 29"...but I'm too lazy to calculate "starting with" and "today and tomorrow"...so I only look for the number which is 29. Maybe I'm really too lazy but this is the second time I got the Steam release date wrong.
                            http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• DarkKodiaK
                              • Jun 2012

am i absolutely blind or something on XBLA 360?

where are the tables at? pbfx2 hasn't updated itself with the new tables, i go into new releases of XBLA and nothing, go into pbfx2 area and nothing.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                                Writer of Guides
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by DarkKodiaK
                                am i absolutely blind or something on XBLA 360?

where are the tables at? pbfx2 hasn't updated itself with the new tables, i go into new releases of XBLA and nothing, go into pbfx2 area and nothing.
                                Comes out tomorrow mate on PFX2 (XBLA).
                                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Working...