Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Comes out tomorrow mate on PFX2 (XBLA).
    uuuuug

    oh well, back to world of tanks then.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
      That's correct! PSN SCEA today, & tomorrow on PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, & Mac

      Release trailer is up on the blog now if you'd like to check it out.
      Just saw the new trailer on your facebook page. in the end it said 'Download now in digital stores' only to find it not available on Steam just yet. I would DL it today if my PS3 was working. Oh well. Tomorrow now seems like an eternity.

      Comment


      • #93
        The tables are now live on PSN in North America! Remember to buy first on PS3/Vita, then import to PS4 at no charge! PSN SCEE, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, Amazon & Mac will follow tomorrow.
        Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 04-29-2014, 07:24 PM.

        Comment


        • #94
          I just made an account, because I just had to congratulate you guys on the best tables you've made yet. I downloaded the pack yesterday and I can't stop playing the tables. Even my roommates-- who normally don't participate much in pinball-- have been crazy about the new tables. They're a blast.

          The Droids table far exceeded my expectations- I didn't anticipate it to be as deep and difficult as it is. It's a lot of fun. I love the raised bumper area, that's super cool.

          The New Hope table is a blast as well. I love how much the table changes during the game, and the rotating bumper area with the ramps is a really neat idea. The skill shot thing is really cool as well. I think my favorite part of the table, though, is orbiting the balls around the death star... I love that.

          The Han Solo table is much harder than I anticipated, and I've been scrambling to get points on it. It's immensely satisfying to finally complete a mode on that table, and I really love Han Solo's ship in the center of the playfield. It's a great setpiece! This has probably been the table I've spent the most time on, just because I'm trying to get better at actually getting points. I love the difficulty of it.

          The Masters of the Force table is the best table you guys have ever made. I LOVE the pyramid ramp and the cube piece is wonderful. (A Theater of Magic influence, I think?) The way you have to balance the two different sides of the table is really interesting, and it will definitely make the table hard to master. Visually, it's just a joy to look at, and the amount of variety on the playfield is incredible. I'll be playing this one for quite some time, I think! It does have one slight glitch with the pyramid, where I keep getting my ball accidentally locked in with the captive ball after the pyramid goes back up, I wanted to let you guys know about that.

          Fantastic job on these tables, though- you guys really just keep getting better with designs. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us in the next coming months!

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by VintageOctopus View Post
            I just made an account, because I just had to congratulate you guys on the best tables you've made yet. I downloaded the pack yesterday and I can't stop playing the tables. Even my roommates-- who normally don't participate much in pinball-- have been crazy about the new tables. They're a blast.

            The Droids table far exceeded my expectations- I didn't anticipate it to be as deep and difficult as it is. It's a lot of fun. I love the raised bumper area, that's super cool.

            The New Hope table is a blast as well. I love how much the table changes during the game, and the rotating bumper area with the ramps is a really neat idea. The skill shot thing is really cool as well. I think my favorite part of the table, though, is orbiting the balls around the death star... I love that.

            The Han Solo table is much harder than I anticipated, and I've been scrambling to get points on it. It's immensely satisfying to finally complete a mode on that table, and I really love Han Solo's ship in the center of the playfield. It's a great setpiece! This has probably been the table I've spent the most time on, just because I'm trying to get better at actually getting points. I love the difficulty of it.

            The Masters of the Force table is the best table you guys have ever made. I LOVE the pyramid ramp and the cube piece is wonderful. (A Theater of Magic influence, I think?) The way you have to balance the two different sides of the table is really interesting, and it will definitely make the table hard to master. Visually, it's just a joy to look at, and the amount of variety on the playfield is incredible. I'll be playing this one for quite some time, I think! It does have one slight glitch with the pyramid, where I keep getting my ball accidentally locked in with the captive ball after the pyramid goes back up, I wanted to let you guys know about that.

            Fantastic job on these tables, though- you guys really just keep getting better with designs. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us in the next coming months!
            Thank you sooooo much for your support and feedback on these

            Comment


            • #96
              Heroes Within is now live on PSN, XBLA, Steam, iOS, Android, Amazon and Mac!

              Comment


              • #97
                well that han solo table is a marathon table w/ the stackable magna saves.

                i've never been #1 on any table ever and i know it wont last, but until then...

                Feelsgoodman.jpg

                han_06r3k0u107.jpg

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by VintageOctopus View Post
                  I just made an account, because I just had to congratulate you guys on the best tables you've made yet. I downloaded the pack yesterday and I can't stop playing the tables. Even my roommates-- who normally don't participate much in pinball-- have been crazy about the new tables. They're a blast.

                  The Droids table far exceeded my expectations- I didn't anticipate it to be as deep and difficult as it is. It's a lot of fun. I love the raised bumper area, that's super cool.

                  The New Hope table is a blast as well. I love how much the table changes during the game, and the rotating bumper area with the ramps is a really neat idea. The skill shot thing is really cool as well. I think my favorite part of the table, though, is orbiting the balls around the death star... I love that.

                  The Han Solo table is much harder than I anticipated, and I've been scrambling to get points on it. It's immensely satisfying to finally complete a mode on that table, and I really love Han Solo's ship in the center of the playfield. It's a great setpiece! This has probably been the table I've spent the most time on, just because I'm trying to get better at actually getting points. I love the difficulty of it.

                  The Masters of the Force table is the best table you guys have ever made. I LOVE the pyramid ramp and the cube piece is wonderful. (A Theater of Magic influence, I think?) The way you have to balance the two different sides of the table is really interesting, and it will definitely make the table hard to master. Visually, it's just a joy to look at, and the amount of variety on the playfield is incredible. I'll be playing this one for quite some time, I think! It does have one slight glitch with the pyramid, where I keep getting my ball accidentally locked in with the captive ball after the pyramid goes back up, I wanted to let you guys know about that.

                  Fantastic job on these tables, though- you guys really just keep getting better with designs. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us in the next coming months!
                  Nice round up. Agree these tables are fantastic! Love them.

                  Han Solo - this is a surprisingly fun table. I agree it's more challenging than anticipated. Plenty to really delve into. Going to fun really figuring out this table. Nice charm too with all the lines Han says. The asteroid mini game was a surprise. Wish there a better way to target the ball when han is on the left side in the blaster cockpit. In the trailer it looked like there was a point of view but not sure it's in the actual game.

                  Droids - This one surprised me. I still think this will be a marathon table as it's really easy to get extra balls. Had 3 Extra balls on my first ball the first time I played this table. It really has a nice flow. What I like about it is that It seems like a ramp spam table, yet it isn't. When you light all the letters of a particular Droid you have a certain amount of time to shoot that lane to level them up. I only did 2 of the of the missions and they were pretty unique. I like the R2 D2 puzzle game where you have to touch the green lights with the ball within the time limit. Again very surprised but this table. I actually like more than Episode IV right now.

                  Episode IV - Another great table by Deep. It seems fast and you really need pretty accurate shots. the mission don't feel as easy as the other episodes IMO. Which is great. I like the challenge. Not sure if there is that save feature like the others as I only got to that mini field underneath the playfield to try and get R2 and 3PO in the shuttle and didn't finish in time. The little mini fields that pop up in certain mission and other means, are very cool. The trash compactor mission has a nice touch as you see the walls closing in on the mini field. Awesome!


                  Masters of the Force - Wow talk about a challenge Which I love. This one hands down my favorite because of the difficulty. This is at least my opinion from my first hand playing. Art, Music, Challenge. It's all there. So far my favorite of the pack.

                  As it stands now, I would rank the table thus.

                  Masters of the Force
                  Star Fighter Assault
                  Han Solo
                  Episode VI
                  Episode V
                  Droids
                  Episode IV
                  Boba Fett
                  Clone Wars
                  Darth Vader

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    going to have to disagree with you two guys about the Masters of the Force table.

                    I'm getting serious "blade" vibes from it. Tried to play it a lot and learn it, turns out i just really really hate it. It's really not jiving with me at all. Hey, 3 out of 4 awesomesauce tables is fine with me

                    I just went through another marathon session of the han solo table and i'm still loving it. It's my favorite of the four tables. I gotta give another serious run at the droid table. I love fast moving combo ramp heavy tables. So i'll have to give that one another serious go.

                    but dat han solo.... came pretty close to starting the wizard mode on it just a bit earlier. Even managed to get an extra ball (which is pretty hard i might add) by shooting all the targets (which takes forever i might add). But yea, you want to put up a good score on this table, you better set aside a lot of time. It really is a marathon like table. Reminds me in a way about that friggen spiderman table or paranormal. Except, more fun compared to those two tables.

                    Comment


                    • Zen,

                      You guys really outdid yourselves on this pack. Hats off to Zoltan Vari and Deep for their talents. All three of Deep's tables in SW pinball are fun and addictive. He really captured the movies well in both theme and gimmicks. The timers in Episode IV seem to be tuned just right for each scene. And that could make it challenging enough. I manged to beat 4 of the 5 scenes. Well done! looking forward to more time with this table.


                      My gosh Zlotan! Both Han Solo and Masters are my favorites of the pack. Again Han Solo really surprised me. Quite challenging with all the modes that I believe you have to complete to get to the wizard mode. (General Solo) That's a challenge in itself yet it doesn't take away from the fun of the table.

                      Masters is the most challenging table I've played so far. That whole left area is tough to shoot for. The left orbit where it Say's 'hurry up/Lock' is one tough shot. Especially when you have that fight Yoda Vs Emperor, it's Nightmare to get. It's really cool though. You have to time it where the ball is spins on the pyramid and press the launch button at the right time to hit Yoda.
                      Getting up the ramp of the pyramid holocron is ridiculously random - but that's ok.

                      Not to outdo the others Droids is actually better than I thought. It's going to be one of those Marathon tables where you're probably have to play for a while to get super high scores. Although if you do the missions and level up all the droids, you can score some really high Jackpots in the Wizard mode. I got to the wizard mode last night and saw some 30M jackpots. It's a timed Wizard mode so it's limited. If you master the missions, I see some pretty high scores. The only thing I'm curious about is the other MBs. Some of the jackpot shots are really small. The scores do ramp up yet I'm not sure what makes them ramp up. It doesn't seem like it's revolving around the levels of the droids so....

                      Fine job Zen...... Looking forward to see what you bring to the um 'table' in the months to come.

                      Oh by the way. What other tables did Zoltan and Deep do?

                      I know Zoltan did Fear itself, Boba Fett. I'm thinking Zoltan did Tesla, Mars, Paranormal.

                      Deep did Infinity Gauntlet, Fantastic Four not sure about the others. Just wondering.
                      Last edited by tenorhero; 05-01-2014, 10:40 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tenorhero View Post
                        Fine job Zen...... Looking forward to see what you bring to the um 'table' in the months to come.

                        Oh by the way. What other tables did Zoltan and Deep do?

                        I know Zoltan did Fear itself, Boba Fett. I'm thinking Zoltan did Tesla, Mars, Paranormal.

                        Deep did Infinity Gauntlet, Fantastic Four not sure about the others. Just wondering.
                        Great to hear you like the new tables Here you can see the designers of tables:

                        Thomas Crofts
                        Dec 13, 2011 X-Men
                        Jun 19, 2012 The Avengers (w/ Mate Szeplaki)
                        Feb 21, 2014 Super League Football
                        May 01, 2014 Droids
                        Peter "Deep" Grafl
                        May 17, 2011 Fantastic Four
                        Aug 31, 2011 Ms. Splosion Man
                        Jun 19, 2012 The Infinity Gauntlet
                        Feb 19, 2013 The Empire Strikes Back
                        Oct 16, 2013 Return of the Jedi
                        May 01, 2014 A New Hope
                        Viktor Gyorei
                        Apr 26, 2011 Sorcerer's Lair (w/ Balint Ats)
                        Jun 28, 2011 Captain America (w/ Agoston David)
                        Ivan "Mad_Boy" Nicoara
                        Jul 21, 2010 Mars
                        Dec 08, 2010 Iron Man
                        Dec 13, 2011 Thor
                        Jun 19, 2012 World War Hulk
                        Feb 19, 2013 The Clone Wars
                        Oct 16, 2013 Darth Vader
                        Dec 17, 2013 Doctor Strange
                        Tamas "Ypok" Pokrocz
                        Oct 16, 2013 Starfighter Assault
                        Zoltan Somorjai
                        Oct 27, 2010 Pasha
                        Tamas Stephen
                        Oct 27, 2010 Rome
                        Mate Szeplaki
                        Mar 25, 2010 Earth Defence
                        Dec 08, 2010 Spider-Man
                        Feb 15, 2012 Epic Quest
                        Nov 21, 2012 Civil War
                        Imre "Emeric" Szigeti
                        Oct 27, 2010 Biolab
                        Dec 08, 2010 Blade
                        Dec 13, 2011 Moon Knight
                        Sep 04, 2012 Plants vs. Zombies
                        Zoltan Vari
                        May 14, 2009 Shaman
                        May 14, 2009 Tesla
                        May 14, 2009 El Dorado
                        May 14, 2009 V12
                        Apr 15, 2010 Excalibur
                        Oct 19, 2010 Paranormal
                        Oct 27, 2010 Secrets of the Deep
                        Dec 08, 2010 Wolverine
                        Dec 13, 2011 Ghost Rider
                        Jun 19, 2012 Fear Itself
                        Feb 19, 2013 Boba Fett
                        May 01, 2014 Han Solo
                        May 01, 2014 Masters of the Force

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by deep View Post
                          Great to hear you like the new tables Here you can see the designers of tables:

                          Thomas Crofts
                          Dec 13, 2011 X-Men
                          Jun 19, 2012 The Avengers (w/ Mate Szeplaki)
                          Feb 21, 2014 Super League Football
                          May 01, 2014 Droids
                          Peter "Deep" Grafl
                          May 17, 2011 Fantastic Four
                          Aug 31, 2011 Ms. Splosion Man
                          Jun 19, 2012 The Infinity Gauntlet
                          Feb 19, 2013 The Empire Strikes Back
                          Oct 16, 2013 Return of the Jedi
                          May 01, 2014 A New Hope
                          Viktor Gyorei
                          Apr 26, 2011 Sorcerer's Lair (w/ Balint Ats)
                          Jun 28, 2011 Captain America (w/ Agoston David)
                          Ivan "Mad_Boy" Nicoara
                          Jul 21, 2010 Mars
                          Dec 08, 2010 Iron Man
                          Dec 13, 2011 Thor
                          Jun 19, 2012 World War Hulk
                          Feb 19, 2013 The Clone Wars
                          Oct 16, 2013 Darth Vader
                          Dec 17, 2013 Doctor Strange
                          Tamas "Ypok" Pokrocz
                          Oct 16, 2013 Starfighter Assault
                          Zoltan Somorjai
                          Oct 27, 2010 Pasha
                          Tamas Stephen
                          Oct 27, 2010 Rome
                          Mate Szeplaki
                          Mar 25, 2010 Earth Defence
                          Dec 08, 2010 Spider-Man
                          Feb 15, 2012 Epic Quest
                          Nov 21, 2012 Civil War
                          Imre "Emeric" Szigeti
                          Oct 27, 2010 Biolab
                          Dec 08, 2010 Blade
                          Dec 13, 2011 Moon Knight
                          Sep 04, 2012 Plants vs. Zombies
                          Zoltan Vari
                          May 14, 2009 Shaman
                          May 14, 2009 Tesla
                          May 14, 2009 El Dorado
                          May 14, 2009 V12
                          Apr 15, 2010 Excalibur
                          Oct 19, 2010 Paranormal
                          Oct 27, 2010 Secrets of the Deep
                          Dec 08, 2010 Wolverine
                          Dec 13, 2011 Ghost Rider
                          Jun 19, 2012 Fear Itself
                          Feb 19, 2013 Boba Fett
                          May 01, 2014 Han Solo
                          May 01, 2014 Masters of the Force
                          Wow thank you for the time to do this. That's awesome!

                          Comment


                          • If anyone wants to put any info up on the Tables Modes/Missions/Wizard Modes etc. I would be grateful as I have to start amassing info for the 4 Guides and any help is a plus.
                            sigpic

                            Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                            PSN = SrkToTheChin
                            Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                            *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by tenorhero View Post

                              Oh by the way. What other tables did Zoltan and Deep do?

                              I know Zoltan did Fear itself, Boba Fett. I'm thinking Zoltan did Tesla, Mars, Paranormal.

                              Deep did Infinity Gauntlet, Fantastic Four not sure about the others. Just wondering.
                              Thanks, so glad you are enjoying them! Deep posted all the tables & designers here: https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...1523#post51523

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                                If anyone wants to put any info up on the Tables Modes/Missions/Wizard Modes etc. I would be grateful as I have to start amassing info for the 4 Guides and any help is a plus.
                                I'll try. Would you want that in separate threads or in this one?

                                I'll start.

                                Droids

                                To start missions shoot the 3 center targets. The 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole.

                                As far as locking balls for MB, when you complete missions, the 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole within the allotted time (10s I believe)

                                Mission 1 Fix C3PO - for each piece, Basically shoot the lit 'Shot' Lanes then shoot the R2D2 sink hole. As you get each piece, the # of shot lanes dwindle. 10m completion bonus.

                                R2D2 puzzle thing- (Don't recall the name)to start this mode, Basically get the ball into the bumpers (left orbit). They count down from 40 or 50. once that is done, there seems to be a holographic looking thing at the R2D2 sinkhole. Shoot for it. The puzzle is completed if you touch 5 green circles fails when the timer is done or you touch 3 red circles. You control moving the rings left or right with corresponding flippers. To get to the inner rings or Vice Versa, press the 'launch' button when your ball is at a gap you can get through. You might have to move the next ring , Again press 'Launch' button to do so. When done it will give extended time on you mission or a ball save.

                                As mentioned before as you shoot the lanes each number/letter for each droid lights up. When they are lit, you have a certain amount of time (10s I think). There are levels for each droid (1-7) once you level up them up they each give a certain amount of points. First level is 500k - Maximum is 2m. I believe you want to level them up to max level for the wizard mode. As each could give you a 30m Jackpot.

                                I know there is the mode to deactivate the smelter. Not sure exactly what lights it up but there is what looks like a flashing arrow on the ramp above the center targets. You start it by shooting that ramp with the right upper flipper. There is a vari-target on the left side above the bumper. Shoot that twice to disable it before the ball that is rolling down on the left side get's into hot molten fluid. When you disable it, that ball comes into play for a 2 ball MB and basically you shoot like Jackpot lanes. The scores are pretty small 100k but ramps up when you accomplish certain things. not sure if it revolves around what level the droids are. But does ramp. This can happen a bunch of times during your game so it could be based on a combo system. the jackpots don't reset for this mode. Again they ramp up. I think you can get a 3rd ball added to the party if you do the same thing while in MB.

                                That's all I have for now.
                                Last edited by tenorhero; 05-01-2014, 08:17 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X