This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicepticon79
    • Jul 2011

the missions payout racks up 5 million each time you spell REBEL on the Rollovers , got 50 millions for Mission 5 & 30 for Mission 1 , not
    sure about this ... but it looked like it saves the Missionscore i reached durring Mission 1 - without beating it & payd me out after mastering that Mission ...

Comment

• deep
      Table Designer
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Dicepticon79
      the missions payout racks up 5 million each time you spell REBEL on the Rollovers , got 50 millions for Mission 5 & 30 for Mission 1 , not
      sure about this ... but it looked like it saves the Missionscore i reached durring Mission 1 - without beating it & payd me out after mastering that Mission ...
      Every completed REBEL rollovers during Scene modes add 5 million to the Scene score. The next Scene score will start from the previous Scene's value. The score will only be saved if you complete the Scene

Comment

• skyway73
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by deep
        Every completed REBEL rollovers during Scene modes add 5 million to the Scene score. The next Scene score will start from the previous Scene's value. The score will only be saved if you complete the Scene
        That's a clever idea, should go someway to balancing the already mentioned scoring issues to. I like.

Comment

• Brucethejam
          • Sep 2012

I'm a tad confused lol. On the Han Solo table, as you put the balls in the correct compartment consecutively, Han says he's increasing the jackpot. I've had it up to 12 million per jackpot (a few times) but, alas, no 12 mill jackpots! All I get is 1 mill jackpots and 4 mill super jackpots throughout or am I missing something?

Comment

• shogun00
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Brucethejam
            I'm a tad confused lol. On the Han Solo table, as you put the balls in the correct compartment consecutively, Han says he's increasing the jackpot. I've had it up to 12 million per jackpot (a few times) but, alas, no 12 mill jackpots! All I get is 1 mill jackpots and 4 mill super jackpots throughout or am I missing something?
            This only increases the jackpot values in the wizard mode.

Comment

• Captain B. Zarre
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by tenorhero
              I'll try. Would you want that in separate threads or in this one?

I'll start.

Droids

To start missions shoot the 3 center targets. The 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole.

As far as locking balls for MB, when you complete missions, the 3 center targets disappear and you must shoot the ball in the sinkhole within the allotted time (10s I believe)

Mission 1 Fix C3PO - for each piece, Basically shoot the lit 'Shot' Lanes then shoot the R2D2 sink hole. As you get each piece, the # of shot lanes dwindle. 10m completion bonus.

R2D2 puzzle thing- (Don't recall the name)to start this mode, Basically get the ball into the bumpers (left orbit). They count down from 40 or 50. once that is done, there seems to be a holographic looking thing at the R2D2 sinkhole. Shoot for it. The puzzle is completed if you touch 5 green circles fails when the timer is done or you touch 3 red circles. You control moving the rings left or right with corresponding flippers. To get to the inner rings or Vice Versa, press the 'launch' button when your ball is at a gap you can get through. You might have to move the next ring , Again press 'Launch' button to do so. When done it will give extended time on you mission or a ball save.

As mentioned before as you shoot the lanes each number/letter for each droid lights up. When they are lit, you have a certain amount of time (10s I think). There are levels for each droid (1-7) once you level up them up they each give a certain amount of points. First level is 500k - Maximum is 2m. I believe you want to level them up to max level for the wizard mode. As each could give you a 30m Jackpot.

I know there is the mode to deactivate the smelter. Not sure exactly what lights it up but there is what looks like a flashing arrow on the ramp above the center targets. You start it by shooting that ramp with the right upper flipper. There is a vari-target on the left side above the bumper. Shoot that twice to disable it before the ball that is rolling down on the left side get's into hot molten fluid. When you disable it, that ball comes into play for a 2 ball MB and basically you shoot like Jackpot lanes. The scores are pretty small 100k but ramps up when you accomplish certain things. not sure if it revolves around what level the droids are. But does ramp. This can happen a bunch of times during your game so it could be based on a combo system. the jackpots don't reset for this mode. Again they ramp up. I think you can get a 3rd ball added to the party if you do the same thing while in MB.

That's all I have for now.
              Deactivate the Smelter - This mode must be activated with 4 hits on the target near the right orbit and side ramp. Once hit 4 times, the side ramp opens up to feed the ball to the Smelter mech. As the ball is shown to the left of the play field traversing a complex system of conveyor belts, you have 30 seconds to hit the left Vari-target 2 times. If you miss out on it, the ball will fall into the BOILING LAVA and you'll have to restart; but if you successfully close the Smelter, a 2-ball multiball will begin where Jackpots are lit at the two Lava Trap ramps. Jackpots are worth 100k and can increment through Vari-target hits. Please note that if you try to shoot the electric ball from the "Navigational Disruption" mission into the Smelter, it will immediately throw the ball out.

Also, about the multiball from locking the balls in the Mission sinkhole: it's nothing special unless you stack it up with Smelter & Magnet multiball. Just sends 3 balls into play and nothing else, no Jackpots available. No missions either.
              Completed Tables:
              Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
              PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
              PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Comment

• Brucethejam
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by shogun00
                This only increases the jackpot values in the wizard mode.
                My jackpots in wizard mode were different though, super jackpot was 312 mill lol. The jackpot level resets when you lose a ball so it looked more likely for the jackpots to be within that mode. I got it upto 12 mill before drain, then upto 10 then upto 12 again, so theoretically my wizard jackpots should have been at least 32 mill a lane, I wish lol.

Comment

• Cloda
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2010

Thoughts on playing Droids more safely

Even though it is fun, there is actually not too much to do on this this table. I have managed to complete all the missions in Droids and play through the wizard/reward mode. To start the reward mode you must hit the mission hole. On the DMD, all the conditions that you have activated by building up the various droids for this mode is displayed e.g. will last for 70s, you have 6 jackpot lanes, 1 super jackpot lane and score is multiplied by 4 etc. I scored around 110mil in this wizard mode, but I definitely didn't get the best out of it. After this, the table resets in the sense that you have to redo each mission again, but the Droid levels continue from the level that you have built it up to.

After having played the table some, I have a few suggestions for playing the table in a more safer way:

- Try and get your kickbacks activated before going for the missions as it gives you a much better chance of keeping the ball in play. The left one is easy to activate with a bit of patience; just keep on shooting at the vari-target and 1 out of 3 times the ball fall through the left in-lane allowing you to work towards activating the kickback when you light up the 4 letters (can't remember what it says actually). The right one is a bit tougher to do but you can light two of the letters right at the beginning of a ball by holding the left upper trigger up when the ball comes around the right orbit - the ball will neatly be deflected to the right side of the table and fall through the right in-lane. Your ball save will still be activated so let the ball fall through and repeat when the ball relaunches. To light the rest on the right, you can directly shoot the ball into the right orbit entrance above the right top flipper to deflect it from the top left flipper or catch the ball on the right flipper and do a backhand shot to the target that you have to hit to start the "deactivate the smelter" mode (also above the right top flipper). One or so out of five shots will fall down through the right in-lane. If you haven't then managed to activate the right kickback by the time you start the 2-ball multi-ball for this mode as described by Captain B. Zarre you can use the ball save and the initial launch of the ball for this mode to do the trick of holding up your left upper trigger. Off course this can be done with any mode where the ball gets flung around the right orbit including multi-ball modes where when you hit it into the molten metal gaps on the left ramps, the ball gets relaunched. The ball doesn't always go around the right orbit because each time you hit the left orbit during normal play, a diverter switches between letting the ball go around or into the bumpers, which affects what the ball does when it is shot up the right orbit. Sounds complicated, but after you get used to the idea, it is not so difficult to keep the kickbacks activated and it is definitely worth it.
                  - If you start a mission before you have your kickbacks activated, play mission 2 because it is a multi-ball. The nice thing about missions 2 - 5 is that they save your progress, so if you e.g. only manage to escape 3 out of 6 times on mission 3 before the time runs out, you only have to escape the last 3 times when you activate it again, rather than start over.
                  - If you have your kickbacks activated, play mission 1 first, as hitting the hole with the random rewards (that you are also required to hit during this mode) gives you a good chance of getting an extra ball or two, build up your multipliers or level up the Droids. The R2D2 puzzle thing also gives you an extra ball after the second or third time that you have repeated it. I have scored 5 extra balls in a game so far.
                  - An easy way to hit the right top mini-loop (to the right of the smelter mode target) is to bounce it off the middle of the plate over the mission hole from the left flipper. I initially struggled to consistently hit that mini-loop from the top left flipper, but this is a much easier way to hit it. You can also hit the ramp above the right top flipper with a backhand shot from the right bottom flipper.
                  - Each time you finish a mission, you have about 10 seconds to lock the ball. As soon as you lock 3 balls, the "Droids in Need" multiball start and you can try and build up all the remaining droid levels to 7/7 by spelling its name and then hitting the appropriate lane when it is lit up. During this mode more than one Droid lane can be lit up at a time for a faster increase of the droid levels.
                  - Each time you activate a multi-ball spam the random award hole for extra balls, increased multiplier (EOB bonus on this table can get big!) and to upgrade your Droid. Be warned though that you need to be patient as I have played some games where the random hole never wanted to give me what I wanted after repeatedly hitting it.
                  - This table gives you lot of reason not to play frantically so focus on catching the ball and aiming rather than just flailing a moving ball around.
                  Last edited by Cloda; 05-17-2014, 10:33 PM. Reason: Added info including from Brucethejam
                  XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Brucethejam
                    • Sep 2012

Excellent tips Cloda The level of the droids do stay the same after wizard mode, if you hit the mission hole it will give you some extra time too, not much though! A fully upgraded wed15 nets you 2 minutes of wizadry goodness. Before you start a mission (one hit left to activate), hit the cross ramp to start the ball rolling down the left handside conveyor belt. Hit the smelter twice then quickly start the mission before the ball drops and you'll have a multiball to start every mission! After each completed mission, the mission hole hole will light up briefly. Hit it to lock the ball. When you do it a third time it'll start the droids in need multiball, which is very handy for boosting the droid levels as more than one lane lights up for upgrade at a time! The R2 mini game is good to use in missions also as it extends your time in that mission.

Comment

• Cloda
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brucethejam
                      Excellent tips Cloda The level of the droids do stay the same after wizard mode, if you hit the mission hole it will give you some extra time too, not much though! A fully upgraded wed15 nets you 2 minutes of wizadry goodness. Before you start a mission (one hit left to activate), hit the cross ramp to start the ball rolling down the left handside conveyor belt. Hit the smelter twice then quickly start the mission before the ball drops and you'll have a multiball to start every mission! After each completed mission, the mission hole hole will light up briefly. Hit it to lock the ball. When you do it a third time it'll start the droids in need multiball, which is very handy for boosting the droid levels as more than one lane lights up for upgrade at a time! The R2 mini game is good to use in missions also as it extends your time in that mission.
                      Thanks Brucethejam... now a whole bunch of little things I didn't quite understand yet make sense I probably should have played a bit more before I shared my tips, but I actually like the idea that other people can add to it and correct the things I don't have quite right. I think I will start a new thread tonight or so with a strategy guide for this table and will update (and credit) it with your info (and who ever else adds to it) as well. I should probably use the right names as well for the different lanes, modes etc . My aim with these things is not to do a guide per se (ShoryukenToTheChin already covers that expertly), but to help people that are still learning the game, how to approach a table with an eye on playing safe and strategically so that they can reach and play through wizard mode and naturally start getting higher scores (without necessarily spamming anything ). I must say, that in the past I was easily one of the top players, but now being back after two years of not consistently playing the game, I am delighted to see that a lot of players have surpassed me, and that there are now a vibrant community of players that are able to figure the intricacies of a table out. Zen must now just please oblige, and make sure that they focus on the scoring balance of their excellent tables before releasing them, so that this growing group of players that enjoy a stiff challenge are not ever again tempted by spammable modes when they try and figure out the intricacies of a table
                      Last edited by Cloda; 05-16-2014, 06:36 AM.
                      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Ramikadyc
                        • Mar 2014

Han Solo Bonus Multipliers Maximum?

Has anyone discovered the bonus multiplier cap on the Han Solo table? I've only gotten as far as 39X before something goes awry, and because of the way the combo multiplier system works on this table I basically have to abandon all hope of a high multiplier late in the game if I drain the ball without the multiplier being held; after reaching an eight-hit combo and resetting back to zero, you're required to hit a nine-hit combo to even start building your multiplier again via combo shots, and even then, 1+9 for a 10X is nowhere near as efficient as 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8 for 36X (plus SOLO roll-overs).

I'm beginning to think it's going to be something nutty like the 250X cap on Fear Itself (my absolute favorite table, along with Civil War), except Fear Itself offers a much more feasible method of achieving that maximum.
                        Last edited by Ramikadyc; 05-20-2014, 05:18 PM. Reason: 9 comes after 8...

Comment

• Vincent
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Sep 2010

My god I missed that release lol... downloading the pack.

Comment

• OriginalEther
                            • Feb 2013

It just took me a while to get them, because I didn't particularly care for the previous pack.

I've only played Han Solo and Episode IV to any extent so far; I have enjoyed them.
                            Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                            Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

• OriginalEther
                              • Feb 2013

Cloda - thanks for the tip for the kickbacks on Droids. I really don't like the kickback rules on that table (hard to active, reset when ball is lost).

As for Episode IV....
                              Well, I've answered my question about Yavin multiball; it is easy to spam. As long as a player can figure out the ramp mechanics (not hard), it's just simple shots. Maybe hitting the Training ramp to increase the jackpots would be difficult for some, but that's it.

The missions I don't think are that difficult, and I like the reward buildup for them. The problem with the missions is that they tend to be dangerous. I usually don't fail a mission because I ran out of time, it's usually because I hit a shot, the ball flies around the ramp/orbit and bounces it's way to an outlane or down the middle.

I actually like the slingshots better on this table than on Jedi. Among other things, they aren't so quick to activate. I agree with Snakeman in that the ball physics around the lanes is the worst feature of the table.
                              Last edited by OriginalEther; 07-03-2014, 08:33 PM.
                              Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                              Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

Working...